It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

déjà vu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Without thinking about each incident, I'd have to say I've had at least 10 experiences over the last 10 years of my life. I don't have a running count of everytime I've felt this way.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I haven't researched the topic broadly, but I was just thinking I find this very strange.

I've learned to trust my instincts and first reactions so I know when I feel something strange there's something to it.

I've had radom experiences where I'll be somewheres, I'll get that feeling like "WTF" this looks familiar. Then I'll see things, or be in a conversation and have the distinct feeling like this has all happened before.

I'll recall events in my head seconds before they happen and be shocked for a for a minute as the event unfolds, but then continue on my way with whatever I was doing. Never giving it a second thought, and also never really remembering the event. I'd have trouble recalling any of them.

But I know the déjà vu feeling has happened to me many times.

What are everyones opinions on this?

Time loop? What if the times I have experineced déjà vu, I was really reliving a part in my life I have already prevously did. If so why? And is this happening to everyone and only certain people have the sense to feel it happen? When one person experiences déjà vu I wonder how many other people also experience it at the exact same moment and if it means anything on a larger level then just your head playing games on you.

It's to easy to shrug off the event and forget all about it, but it still does happen. From what I've read statistics, at least 70% of people polled say they've experienced it at least once in thier life.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think I read some where, I believe it was a scientific study, that Deja Vu is brought upon by your mind processing an event to fast. Apparently your mind processes the event so fast that it does it twice and thats why you experience that feeling.

Rather that is true or not I'm not sure. I happen to believe that you have previously been there in a "past life" or in your "astral body" during sleep.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've had several deja vus myself.

I would be sitting or standing in a place and in a way doing something and suddenly realize that I've done that before at the exact same place, at the exact same time and doing the exact same thing.

I came up with two theories to explain this phenomena:

As the poster above, I can imagine that our mind sometimes slips. It creates a hole in our constant perception and in order to recover from that and to keep our mind busy, it processes an event twice, giving you the impression of having experienced that moment twice. Your mind, though, can't manage to "believe" that you've gone through the same thing twice in the exact same fashion, it "believes" that the previous memory imprint has occured at a different time in the past.

The other theory is more of a personal, perceptive one that combines with my belief that I have more knowledge in my mind that I even can imagine. I have these moments in my life, where my mind would wander off and then, for a fraction of a second, I would feel like I just unlocked all the buried knowledge from my past lifetimes, which have been buried deep in my mind. In those moments, everything becomes clear; who I really am, what I'm here for and everything about the universe. Unfortunately, it goes away as fast as it happened and I'm back to my humble self, sitting in the street car on my way to school.

The interesting thing with these "universal moments", as I call them, is that I feel like, I've done everything in my life before, not necessarily the exact same way in the exact same place in the exact same fashion, but it makes me believe that maybe, a deja vu is our mind's way of saying, "hey, you've done this before, now do it differently."

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I had this one friend who thought that we just re-live the same life over and over again, and that's why deja vu happens. Maybe you live it over and over until you get it right, and then you move on to something different? But that's kinda very regimented, and I would hate to live my life over again. I've had many traumatic experiences, and I dunno if I wanna be ugly forever haha.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well I've always believed that you get as many chances as needed to truly reach a higher level of enlightenment. You might not always be on this planet and you might not always be human.

I mean there are a lot of instances where kids are born and they believe them selfs to be some one else that has already lived and passed.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ya. just like mammy from gone with the wind came back as oprah winfrey to get her pay day.
P just kidding

but ya i have had deja vu events. but mine usually happen when i wake up. the dream that i had i will remember, and like a few weeks or months later i will be in the same place i was when i had my dream those weeks ago. it is kind of weird and i wish there was an explaination

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
about 5 years ago, i started having deja vu's, mayby twice a year or so, but they have gotten more frequent, but less intense. now i get them mayby once every one to 2 months or so. i would recognise being in that place and the same people are present, but the feeling of a deja vu is very weak. its kind of hard to explain. but its weird. i havent had one in ages either, like theyve lost meaning or sumthin. ayway its weird.
any thoughts?

DaNReD

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've had it 50 or 60, maybe? No exaggeration as some members can attest to my credibility, or soundness of my character. haha.. I just happened last week with some insignificant situation about finishing my basement. I had my uncle came over and he asked me if I had any beer, and I said, "I don't know what Dave has got, but if it's up there, you can have it." I had that dream 2 weeks ago, no joke. There was another thread out there, I had some discussion about it, but it's seriously the scariest s*** ever. It makes me neurotic after that happens. I feel like I'm not supposed to be seeing it before it happens, because that's impossible. As a non-skeptic, I hate the impossible.

Oh, and it's not the feeling of Deja Vu but the act of dreaming and then reliving. Wild s*** that I don't like, and others can have it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
On a number of occassions I've had deja vu of having deja vu of an event. So it's like um, deja vu layered over deja vu. It feels really awesome when that happens, such a rush in your head.

I believe that it's just a brain processing thing, as a previous poster stated.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Here's a memorable deja vu incident. Wonder if this is how it works?

Sorry for some reason it says the video is no longer available but it's still working on youtube. Look up Red Dwarf Double Rimmer

[edit on 9-11-2007 by wigit]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Hahahaha, oh, man. I haven't seen that show since I was 13. Why the hell did it get cancelled again??

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I just bought the whole lot for my son's christmas. Cant wait, so I can watch it all again.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
deja vu is simply God making a time sandwich because he ran out of space mac.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ok time to reveal a secret.

When you get up in the morning and start your day sometimes your controller will go whoops I want a do over.

So he backs you up, erases your memory, resets the global time of the AI machine you are hooked up to, and starts the day over. What could not be erased is jumbled enough that the brain tries to make sense out of it and makes a dream. The real weird dreams are when the controller just takes you out for a spin in some real weird scenario.

Now sometimes just by chance enough of the memories are close enough together to remain so that when you go through the day the second or third time, you have a deja vue.

Now you know

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Is that a serious reply, because I am about to lose a great deal of respect for you?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

It was a joke, but thanks for saying you have some respect for me which I could lose

One of the short stories I havn't written yet, the guy turns things back on his controllers.

I like, and respect most of your posts also.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I experience Deja Vu all the time. Well, "All the time" is relative. Every few months. Sometimes twice in one day. It's random. No pattern whatsoever. Months with nothing sometimes. And then tons of days in a row with deja vu. If I had to average it out, I would say once every few months.

Basically, for me, I'm just going along in a normal day and I suddenly know that I have had this exact experience before - same place, same people, same clothes, etc. It's all the same.

More than that, I can recall what will happen next. If it was something that wasn't so great, I can say or do something differently to change the outcome.

The last time it happened, I was in a butcher shop that I didn't even know existed until that day. I had never been there before. Never even traveled down the road it was on before. (I was with a friend who occasionally stops in.)

And you know what else - this has happened all my life and I didn't realize it didn't happen to everyone else all the time too. Not until recently did I find out that some people never experience this, and that some people that have deja vu have it differently than me.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I want to know the difference or the correlation in dream deja vu and random deja vu. I only have deja vu in dreams and vividly. Down to a sentence usually.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBluesHahahaha, oh, man. I haven't seen that show since I was 13. Why the hell did it get cancelled again??

Because after Series 6 it went downhill. Did it even get axed or did they just decide to look into a movie? They do want to do a movie but funding is a big problem on that idea. They may come back with a 9th series for now but we'll have to wait and see
:boysfromthedwarf:

Anyway...I also experience deja vu but it's always something so mundane. I would be interested to hear of someone, whether that's on on here or someone you have read about/talked to elsewhere, that has gone through deja vu during a more important event. Whether that's some historic global event, the birth of child or even a NDE, anything that stands out.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I made a thread about a theory that apparently was incredibly stupid or crazy since nobody answered

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join