It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

déjà vu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have experianced Deja-Vu and I believe that it felt like an eternity between the event that unfolded word for word.

It would explain the past-life thing but it's weird how thigns are the same. It'd be like playing a CD on repeat.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Some of you are talking about dreams-

I never dream. I used to when I was a kid, but now.... nothing.

If I am dreaming I don't remember anything at all. I normally fall right to sleep within minutes of going to bed, and I awake with a blank slate. No memory of anything except going to bed.

My deja vu experiences are all normal activities, driving down a street or having a conversation. Nothing serious, nothing important.

Nothing I've heard about the subject makes any sense. Yet we who experience it all know there is something to it.

I also have very excellent vision and hearing. I can hear very high pitched sounds like a lot of electronics when others around me can't. Like a tv left on with a black screen. I can hear it's on but others assume it's off. I'd like to think I'm more aware of my surrounding then other around me as well.

I wonder if it has anything to do with heighten senses.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
^you do dream man. everyone dreams. i learned in psychology that every one dreams and most usually dont remember the dream. however, during your REM sleep if you were woken up, you would immediately remember what you dreamed

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I always thought deja vu was a more common phenomenon. I guess I never really talked to anyone about it, but one always considers his situation as normal...

I get it quite a lot, usually in sets, i.e. several times in a week then a dry spell. It always happens in unique situation, something I don't do everyday. I can call what people will say and arbitrary events for a few moments. I always get the feeling "didn't I already have this conversation with you?" or "you asked me that already." I can never remember when or where though.

Another strange thing that happens to me is I will instantly completely forget what I'm doing. I'll be typing an email at work and suddenly have no recollection of what I'm writing to who or why. A few times I have been driving home from work and gotten completely lost, totally forgot where I was, while driving down a road I drive six times a day. A little reverse deja vu, perhaps.

I don't claim to be anything special though. I always just though my brain was wired wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
^ thats called alzeimers

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
^ thats called alzeimers

Well I'm only 23, so lets call it post traumatic stress alzeimers.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
had deja vu a few times, normally once or twice a year.

ive always thought of it to be our memory reliving a very similar moment in time. and our mind becoming confused, thinking that these two moments are the same, hence the thought of reliving the moment again...... this only works for situations we have lived in before.

however i have also had many deja vu moments where i'm completely in a new situation and know that there are no memories in my head like the corrent one. its a very hard topic to comprehend

good thread

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I had this one friend who thought that we just re-live the same life over and over again

So do I, for what it's worth...

Could you tell some more specific details about your friend's views on this?
(Like, how he/she came to that idea?)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

" I HAVE been here before,
But when or how I cannot tell:
I know the grass beyond the door,
The sweet keen smell,
The sighing sound, the lights around the shore.

You have been mine before,—
How long ago I may not know:
But just when at that swallow’s soar
Your neck turn’d so,
Some veil did fall,—I knew it all of yore.

Has this been thus before?
And shall not thus time’s eddying flight
Still with our lives our love restore
In death’s despite,
And day and night yield one delight once more?"

Sorry - just couldn't help it.

It's just too a propos and too beautiful.

P.S. It's "Sudden lLight", by Dante Gabriel Rossetti, of course.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Welll.... she was a real pessimist. She just thought we were all just trapped in some cruel prison-like time loop. The movie Groundhog's Day always comes to mind when I think of Deja Vu.

Although I don't believe that we're all stuck in a time loop, I believe in infinite probability. I believe there are or are being created infinite probable universes almost exactly the same as each other, with just the smallest of details diffeing from ours, and when we happen to have deja vu, it's....not like I love using analogies from the matrix..... but it's basically a glitch in the system. The infinite probability computer that is our universe. It's all one multi-verse, but what we don't understand about the universe is that it is probably just a program (line of code, whatever you'd like to call it) inside some super super advanced quantum computer.
If it's all just a program, then...... We can't even fathom that at all really. I don't think we are allowed to know until we get that far.
It makes my brain hurt to think of just how collossal this concept is.
You start out with talking about deja vu, but you cant talk about deja vu without talking about probability, time-space, and univeral quantum computing... and I'm in no place to go there with my current knowledge. I dont even think Jesus knew WTF this is.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'd also like to say that you notice some programs on computers use the same files, and when there's a conflict when two want to use one file at the same time, the system experiences an error and corrects itsself. I think that's just it. Two separate but similar programs in the infinite universal probability computer trying to access the same line of code at coincidentially the same time... but at least these quantum computers are nice and advanced, because I would've had to reboot my program a million times already, because I've had so much deja vu, it's crazy.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by indierockalien]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Maybe we relive the same life over and over but with different choices ? Ie: we are born to the same body and restart our life over and over but we are free to make different decisions through every life and deja vu happens whenever you meet the exact same point in time with the exact same decission ? Why we have to relive the same life ? Maybe we have to do it untill we make all the choicess right and we can ascend to a higher plane of existence (like a very loong test
) . Well thats just one of my theories

Or maybe we are not born in the same body everytime but sometimes we meet the body that we inhabited before and we just know what he/she will be saying doing or what he/she saw the last time in this particular situation and thats how we get a deja vu . Because we know what will happen because we relived that particular moment as somebody else that is standing across the street for example .

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I also have thought that, too. We are all infinitely the same program. We are all each other. I'm getting way too tired. This is my last post to....night? does 4:30am count as night? suuuure why not? g'night.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Thank you, Indierockalien.
(I gather she didn't like her life...
I do love mine, very much so - only I'd like it to be its best version.

But that's beside the point now.)

I am not sure it's a "loop" proper, anyway - perhaps more of a spiral or a helix. In other words, you don't REPEAT everything, you just get the opportunity to drive up the same highway again - but perhaps take all those "exits" that were there and your regret not having taken, to put it very simplistically.

Why? I mean: to what ultimate purpose?
I have no idea.
(But, since I am a human, that's not saying much...
)

I do think, though, that each person is, in a way, responsible for their own progress. You will be "allowed" to go forward when YOU are ready, regardless of the state of "enlightenment" of humanity in general.
And I do think there is good reason to apply oneself to crack the "mystery", regardless of how daunting the task might seem. I have a feeling that, if there is a "task" in life for each one of us, that would be it. Nobody is going to do it for us.
(Unless I am mistaken, of course., which is always a possibility.)

[edit on 16-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
I'd also like to say that you notice some programs on computers use the same files, and when there's a conflict when two want to use one file at the same time, the system experiences an error and corrects itself. I think that's just it.

Yes. A good example. (Or metaphor?)

But WHY?
Why does it happen in the first place?

I know you can't answer that - nobody can, not with certainty - but it is a question that has to be asked when considering any "mechanistic" explanation.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I had this so intense i fell to the floor crying..it was so powerful.
If anyone has seen the movie deja vu, it offers a good theory...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slaveofthebeast
I had this so intense i fell to the floor crying..it was so powerful.

Well, that's interesting... Care to tell a bit more about it?
About what was it that you felt to be re-living?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by StupidCableGuy

I also have very excellent vision and hearing. I can hear very high pitched sounds like a lot of electronics when others around me can't. Like a tv left on with a black screen. I can hear it's on but others assume it's off. I'd like to think I'm more aware of my surrounding then other around me as well.

I wonder if it has anything to do with heighten senses.

Interesting. So do I - all of the above (plus smell).
I seem to be able to perceive distant sounds several second - even minutes - before others around me hear them (because the source of the sound has come closer or increased the volume).

And I can certainly say that I've had more than my fair share of so-called "paranormal" experiences.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Me 3 as well and there has been times that I openly announced this is a deja vu moment to the person or people in my presence. Someone somewhere some time ago, wow, told me if you experience deja vu you are on your right path in life, has anyone else ever heard this. gwhint

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I have always wondered what the hell deja-vu is. My first experience was in grade school, and for some reason, it's never left my memory. I remember exactly what I was doing and what was being said. I do love the feeling though, almost like you know what's going to happen next. Anything's possible, it could be some sort of time travel, or something completely explainable as somebody mentioned earlier about your brain processing it too fast. Either way, it's very strange and interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join