It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
this is the one you need to link

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That IS the first i linked

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm going to interject an alternative theory. Here goes:

Perhaps what has happened is, mars has been inhabited all along.
When it became obvious that we earth people had advanced to the point of looking through telescopes at their lovely dirtball, they made haste with some type of tech to block details when viewed from Earth.

The head honchos at the space agencies around the world, are in cahoots with the Mars people and are therefore allowed to continue the pretense of deserted planets, on the condition that they not reveal the details to the general public.

It sounds wacky, but good grief, I've got piles and piles of anomalies from nearly every planet/moon in the solar system between earth and Neptune.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by undo

That IS the first i linked

Oh my apologies. Thanks for the other maps too. Those are also interesting!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I've yet to see a single convert for the anomalie side. Not sure why, either, there are so many bizarre examples, many of which could never be seriously called pixellizations/artifacts/3-d misrepresentations. I could bury this thread in anomalies. But all it'd do is use up my bandwidth.

There's an "anomaly" in every image. Pick one at random from ESA or HiRise or anywhere else. There will be something that stands out a little strangely in each and every photo, especially if you tweak the contrast and zoom way in. Which makes me wonder: If Evil NASA, in cahoots with every other space agency on the planet, is systematically covering up evidence, why are anomalies so easy for average bozos with a Photoshop program to find?

I figure the bottom line is this. We as human animals are bred to focus in on patterns and anything unusual in any image. So we can find animals and fruit to eat hiding among foliage. It's not unusual to find something unusual. Along with that, our brains will work overtime to take that "anomaly" and see if it looks like anything else with which we're familiar. We do it on Earth when we see simulacra faces in old trees and rocks. On Mars, we see ruins or crashed space ships. Again, just because it looks like ruins doesn't mean it is. You have to provide more evidence to make that claim, and there just isn't any.

I'm absolutely sure you can post a thousand pictures of anomalies (if mikesingh doesn't beat you to it), but they all add up to diddly squat if a fuzzy image is all you've got. Hey, that rhymes.

"They all add up to diddly squat
if a fuzzy image is all you've got!"

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Imho, you made a good point: of course, in every case, i think that we should expect semi-buried signs of civilization, for this reason some "anomalies", after they have been found out, are hard to be believed or understood. As skyfloating said, a smoking gun on Mars should be something of absolutely evident. Now the problem on the op pictures has been that the image wasn't a photo but a 3d computer generated image: even if there was actually something there, it cannot be taken seriously. But this doesn't mean that in Mars there aren't anomalies: the "anomalies" or "oddities" are being found often, the evidences are missing: to prove the exitence of an ancient/present civilization, we'd need STRONG evidences, because if we'll be able to find them, we'll discuss endlessly using phrases like "this is a city" "noo tat's a pixelation" "no that's a glitch".
I personally, don't look at the websites "specialized" in anomalies, because many times they "forces" the watcher to see what they wants to be seen. A strong evidence would be, IMHO, a photo, uncropped, unresized, unenhanced, which shows clearly something that definately is man or someone/else made.
And what's the better way? look for, share and discuss, as Mike does, OMHO

BTW: Mike should be made Subject Matter Expert IMHO too

[edit on 14/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Which makes me wonder: If Evil NASA, in cahoots with every other space agency on the planet, is systematically covering up evidence, why are anomalies so easy for average bozos with a Photoshop program to find?

I don't think NASA is evil.
I'm not a bozo.
And that's the end of our discussion, as I don't tend to talk to people who are verbally abusive.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If other entities exist on Mars, then I would say that there was a 99% chance that they live underground.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I don't think NASA is evil.
I'm not a bozo.
And that's the end of our discussion, as I don't tend to talk to people who are verbally abusive.

I think it's pretty clear that I wasn't referring directly to you, but a hypothetical average bozo. Sorry if you saw a shoe that fit, and decided to wear it.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

why do they have these starkly drawn "Canals" connecting craters to each other, all over the place that are not there? It makes no sense. There's got to be an explanation, and I'm not so quick to assume they were simply wrong.

A possible explanation is the tendency of human vision to connect darker areas in an optical illusion. I guess it's like the connections your vision creates at the corners of the dark squares in this famous illusion...

Here's a link to a report of the famous 1903 experiment by Evans and Maunder in relation to vision and seeing Mars canals.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

You'll REALLY like the Mars observations report immediately following.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
At first I thought these were artifacts that result from standard pixelation issues, but these always square up perfectly along the x-y axis.

The pixelation on this image is not squared at all and tends to curve along the formation of the terrain.

Worth looking into.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I completely agree with your perspective. Not that I don't want to believe...

I work professionally with PhotoShop a lot. My opinion (and I think it's a valid one from my personal experience) is that there is no such thing as an image that can be truly proven to be untampered with, not in this day and age and certainly not one off the internet.

Originally posted by Nohup

There's an "anomaly" in every image. Pick one at random from ESA or HiRise or anywhere else. There will be something that stands out a little strangely in each and every photo, especially if you tweak the contrast and zoom way in. Which makes me wonder: If Evil NASA, in cahoots with every other space agency on the planet, is systematically covering up evidence, why are anomalies so easy for average bozos with a Photoshop program to find?

I figure the bottom line is this. We as human animals are bred to focus in on patterns and anything unusual in any image. So we can find animals and fruit to eat hiding among foliage. It's not unusual to find something unusual. Along with that, our brains will work overtime to take that "anomaly" and see if it looks like anything else with which we're familiar. We do it on Earth when we see simulacra faces in old trees and rocks. On Mars, we see ruins or crashed space ships. Again, just because it looks like ruins doesn't mean it is. You have to provide more evidence to make that claim, and there just isn't any.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
the NASA have all the answers to your questions guys...

they are prohibited by the government...

do you know the Mj-12? or majestic 12? they used to assasinate people who have seen true aliens just to hide the truth...

u2u me if you want to know more things...

they have 3 moon bases,...

they are also classified into 3... the graynosed, orange and the other one... these are their classification names based on how the look!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here's a real jaw dropper. Now THAT's resolution:
(full view please www.thestargates.com... )

Here's a detail on it

Here's one of the space databases I have
www.thestargates.com...

[edit on 14-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by labio_992002

My favourite is "the other one", that must be the most important piece of information posted on ATS at the moment.

Edit: sorry, I couldn't resist.

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 14/11/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo, I believe you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the secrecy about Mars. Yes I 100% believe humanoid life exists on Mars and yes I believe 100% that the controlling powers in place on Earth are keeping it secret at all costs.

First of all from the Mars photos it is very evident to me life absolutely positively exists. For the nonbelievers thats O.K. you are right where the controlling powers on Earth want you to be and think. It is very evident that life in our Solar system is very abundant including most of the planets and planetary moons in our Solar System. Why is that? Because I can see thousands of statues of humanoids including Royalty figures with crowns and headdresses on the planets and moons in our Solar System.

Talking of Neptune, the blue watery planet, hmmmmm water H2O and the largest Moon of Neptune, Triton that is absolutely loaded with plasma driven spacecraft, land vehicles, mining equipment, roads, buildings, statues, holograms monuments etc. Do some research and you will see in the Triton Moon photos what I am talking about. Rik Riley

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Could you tell us the source of that image?

Or the location of that area?

It would help.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Could you tell us the source of that image?
Or the location of that area?

The source was that big NASA site, that we were all afraid was going to go down before the images were perused. So I downloaded them all and put them on my server. Far as I can tell, that image is Mars, but I don't know where. The folder on the NASA site, where it was located, was originally linked in John Lear's Moon Thread. I'd have to go back threw all my posts there to find it.

[edit on 14-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Original Caption Released with Image:
An oblique, color image of central Valles Marineris, Mars showing relief of Ophir and Candor Chasmata; view toward east. The photograph is a composite of Viking high-resolution images in black and white and low-resolution images in color. Ophir Chasma on the north (left side) is approximately 300 km across and as deep as 10 km. The connected chasma or valleys of Valles Marineris may have formed from a combination of erosional collapse and structural activity. Tongues of interior layered deposits on the floor of the chasmata can be observed as well as young landslide material along the base of Ophir Chasma's north wall.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
they are "p" series, for photojournal, i believe. so JPL photojournal maybe?
PIA00006.png

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join