It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Fish?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i found this while searching Cryptids on google images when i clicked it the page was blank and i couldnt go to the website to get any information so i only have a picture of what looks like a prehistoric fish because of the armored plates going down its body and its skeletal shape
heres the picture

picture

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
sorry about the small pic heres the enlarged version

picture

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Never seen anything like that before. I'm interested to know what it is. I think sea creatures are fascinating. Is that a mock photo of something that WAS alive, or does it still exist?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The photo is a little grainy, but it appears to actually be a squid propelling forward. The "body" of the fish are the tentacles streamlined together.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
man that is a bad photo lol it it is not a squid cause if you look in the smaller and more clearer picture it is a fish

and i think it is something alive because the title of the page was Facinating Creature found in Lake or something along those lines like i said the article was not working when i clicked on it

ill try to put a bigger and better picture up sorry about that

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
heres the biggest i can get the pic with out it gettin to grainy

pic

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Interesting fish. Sadly the bad quality picture and lack of information makes it extremely difficult to identify. Considering that there are more than 21,000 (known) fish species in the ocean alone. To begin with it's most probably part of the so-called "ray-finned" fishes. If you take a look at the fishbase you'll get some idea of what the challenge is like.

To identify a fish (with a blurry picture or even no picture) you'll need to know information such as total length, fork length (the fork of the tail), snout length, fin rays, spinous (unsegmented) and soft (segmented), first (spinous) dorsal fin, second (soft) dorsal fin, pectoral fin, pelvic (ventral) fin, anal fin and so on. (I think there are about 20 "need to know" details to do a good identification.) The more information, the more likely you are to identify the fish.

Perhaps someone has seen this fish and can easily identify it. In my opinion it looks like the picture was taken of a fish in a fish tank...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Definitely one of those ancient jaw-less fish that are supposedly extinct. You can see the armored shield on it's head.

en.wikipedia.org...

It also looks more like a drawing than a photo...hard to say

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Spot on! I agree it looks just like this one (centre page). It would be quite the discovery if it still existed. If only we knew exactly where the picture came from?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
like i said i saw the pic on google images when i searched cryptids but when i clicked on the picture the link was working im pretty sure this a picture taken of the fish and that it still exists

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
heres the link to the page on google i found it on

google images

its on the bottom row

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's a Cuttlefish guys

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cryptidhunterfosho

thats an image of a Chimeara