It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Blue - National Press Club in Washington D.C November 12, 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

We have organized an unprecedented event at the National Press Club in Washington D.C.

15 military and government officials from 7 countries will present evidence of close encounters with UFO's and the results of government investigations. This event will be documented for an upcoming film, Beyond The Blue, for possible theatrical release.

CHECK OUT THE PRESS RELEASE (PDF)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Yes, it could be interesting to listen to.

“I believe that our government should take an active role in investigating this very real phenomenon,” said Symington, who was a witness to the famed ‘Phoenix Lights” incident

That was a ignorant comment from the pdf though. Of course they are investigating... god, if people would only research this. Its been a cover up for 70 years soon! UFO's are ancient news to the groups within the government working with them... its the public who is being kept in the dark.

The government groups must be laughing their ass off to us (the sheeps) who simply accept their empty promises that nothing is going on...

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nice to see Symington get something started but I'm not holding my breath. We all saw what happened to the last adventurous soul that tried to coordinate an event like this. I'll keep an eye on it but be very guarded considering how this type of push turned out for Greer.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Ridiculing someone is ALWAYS done to everybody who steps out of line. You know that. Hence its important to listen to what everybody says, no matter their reputation.

This will get ridiculed too you know, I guarantee it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Oh yeah, without a doubt - I expect it to be ridiculed. But how much ridicule it recieves has a LOT to do with how the "man in charge" is generally recieved and percieved. Greer was great as a spearhead in 2001 but has since slowly over time started acting like he is high on some kind of exotic pixie dust or something. If Symington takes Greers path, the general public as well as most in the UFO world will shun him for this and rightfully so. It will also make it much harder for the next attempt at discussion in the public arena to be taken seriously, maybe exponentially so.

Sorry I am, but if a nut you act like, respect you will not get. Yoda.

At least in the general public you wont and that is where this type of investigation needs to make its strides. Remember, it is not about Greer or Symington or anyone else who spearheads one of these campaigns, its about the witnesses. Greer seemed to forget that somehow and decided to drag his crew into LaLa land with him. Maybe Symington will learn from that?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
9/11 is what killed Greer's press conference. It was completely overshadowed by the fall of the Towers. The story never had a chance to germinate.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I always got the feeling from watching that press club meeting that for some reason it seemed staged. Anyone else ever felt like that about the 2001 meeting? It's like... I dunno, I feel like Greer is intentionally destroying that group's credibility, like maybe he "did his job", so to speak? Because I'm willing to listen to those people's stories and whatnot with an open mind, I still feel that it's relevant, but I think the whole purpose of that press club meeting was to cast shadow of doubt on all those hundreds of witnesses. Who knows if it will be different this time? Maybe we'll meet Greer 2.0.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I agree, nothing will come out of this except for a few more testimonies for internet data and film makers.

People will never believe it unless they see it with their own eyes. Even then, some will try to rationalize what it was while denying it was a UFO.

Can you imagine if you found a crashed UFO with the evidence staring at you in the face. Then in minutes the Air Force and Army show up and will ask you to leave the area because this is a military matter. Then watch them haul the UFO out on trucks and deny your story for the rest of your life as if it did not happen.

That is why we have no proof the scientist/skeptics ask for. The minute someone gets proof or has access to it, it gets taken away.

Unless someone is lucky enough to find a crashed UFO, and has access to a truck that can haul it in minutes before the military arrives. Then you will never have proof.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
until one of these people comes forward and presents a piece of a craft or a video of them having tea with an alien; its all just stories from people.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Of course the first 2001 event was 'staged.' Everyone had a script. The agenda was to get congressional hearings. It failed. I think most of the original witnesses were upright Dudley Dorights, with a few questionables thrown in--Wendelle Stevens comes to mind.

A great deal will depend on the stature of the witnesses. I only recognize a couple on the list, so it will be interesting to see how they play it. Symington is an interesting choice. To most of the country I think he enjoys a neutral to okay reputation. Those in Arizona may feel differently, and there is that pesky corruption charge. But if he doesn't "pull a Greer" and steal the limelight, but instead acts like, you know, a moderator, they may pull it off on the upside. If they can get the exo-politics crowd to just shut up and listen for a change, they may get results.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
Unless someone is lucky enough to find a crashed UFO, and has access to a truck that can haul it in minutes before the military arrives.

Lucky - except you forget about the orbiting satellites that are monitoring your truck and it's wheel tracks as soon as you leave the scene. Expect your doors to be kicked in when you pull up at your garage. You would probably be lucky to avoid being shot, as you might have resisted arrest, even if you didn't. I doubt that it would be that 'easy' to get away with your own crash retrieval.

Anyway, let's hope that something good comes out of this press conference.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Should anyone want to add it to their outlook calendar..

npc.press.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hope the press will treat this seriously. I certainly have respect for Leslie Kean's and COFI's efforts in this area. She has spearheaded efforts for NASA to release files relating to the Kecksburg Incident.

On a related note, I was listening to Budd Hopkin's on Coast to Coast AM and he mentioned that there would soon be greater clarification on Fife Symington's role/observations relating to the "Phoenix Lights".

Perhaps this is what he was referring to.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hope Fife has shed the "X-files" let's spoof 'em acts with alien suits worn by staff during phony media events. From the sound of things, it appears he's learned a valuable lesson from that episode back on the stage in '97 (a lesson that has escaped Greer entirely, BTW).

Anyway, here we are ten years later, and the former Governor seems to have matured considerably. Maybe there's hope - we'll see on Monday, I guess...

In the meantime, here's the March 30th Fife Symington interview on C2C with Geroge Noory (Producer Fox also is interviewed). Worth a listen - it may be a prelude to Out of the Blue & Monday's Press Club event...

Also - will be seeing Greer in person this Saturday - I wonder what he thinks of this Monday event by Fife? Will he try to preempt? I could use some help, BTW - post a comment or question you think I should ask Greer here. Thanks...

Maybe Greer and Symington and Co. are planning to team up for Disclosure?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
man, wouldn't it be weird if the hoagland-johnston press release earlier was actually disinformation to pre-empt this UFO PANEL DISCUSSION?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Maybe Greer and Symington and Co. are planning to team up for Disclosure?

God, I hope not. The best thing Greer could do for Disclosure is stay away from it. But he has a history of horning in when the attention is focused away from him, like he tried with the Roswell anniversary with yet another un-disclosed anonymous witness to add to his Fantasy 400. It will be interesting to see his reaction if someone else gets some momentum here.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Your so quick to rip into greer and completely dismiss his years of work as bulls**t, but what have you or anyone else on here done to force disclosure? Or even help towards the cause even?

Grainy youtube vids?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
After looking at their calendar you are correct. They will be talking about UFO's. I would like to watch it but I do not have cable. Maybe someone here can record it and then post it on youtube or somewhere like that so the rest of us can see it. Thanks for the heads up.

Calendar of Events:
npc.press.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
reply to post by schuyler

Your so quick to rip into greer and completely dismiss his years of work as bulls**t, but what have you or anyone else on here done to force disclosure? Or even help towards the cause even?

You are quite obviously unfamiliar with my comments on Greer over time. I have ALWAYS SAID the beginnings of the Disclosure Project were promising. SHOW ME where I have ever said otherwise. (Hint: You can't.) My problem with Greer is his actions subsequent to 2001 where he has shown himself to be loony in the extreme. This is not an uncommon criticism of Greer. I needn't recite chapter and verse on Mr. Roddie, Mothra, guitar playing guards, scalar weapons, etc., etc., etc. The literature is full of what he has done and said. Therefore, he is a LIABILITY to Disclosure at this point in time. Please do read Greer's books themselves where you will find plenty of examples. As far as grainy YouTube videos go, I wonder why you would mention them as they are largely useless and I have never said I posted any. That's a poor excuse for a straw man you set up to knock down, and totally irrelevant.

As far as "the cause" goes, I'm not a member of your cult nor intent on advancing it. Read my sig.

[edit on 11/8/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interesting. Alot of things happening on the disclosure front.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Larry King interview that there's been some recent buzz about.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join