It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Overlord's" Take On The Revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by scientist
I would love to be a content contributor.

You already are.

heh, touche. I was speaking more in terms of audio / video content.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
hooters in Toronto? pick me up on the way. I'm curious to see if the hooter girls in Toronto are as cheesy as the ones in Florida (the only hooters I've ever been to)

My girlfriend and I were in Toronto in August, and we had lunch there one day. I was overly disappointed to be honest. And to top if off, they only took cash. A chain as large as hooters, you think they would of busted out and accept interact.

Waitresses were less than appealing, food was terrible, only took cash... but the beer was cold.

Can't ask for everything.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
A chain as large as hooters, you think they would of busted out...

Can't ask for everything.

Selective quoting can be fun sometimes.....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You were in the wrong one then chiss. The one in Brampton has an interact machine and a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich to kill for.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hooters? Come on. We can do better than that. Last time I was in Ontario I ate at one of there shops. Disappointed was an understatement. I am not driving all the way to T dot for Hooter's. Well at least not the restaurant.

BT's barbeque sounds fun though. I would make the trip for that.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
Can we be sure ATS won't become US-centric when it comes to multimedia presentation ?

I'll step in on this one (albeit I would have jumped into the conversation earlier had it not been for the killer jet lag)...

ATS isn't aiming specifically at the US market and it is important to remember this. Yes, we are an English language site and while the grammar and spelling is no doubt going to be heavily influenced by the US tongue (and I'm British don't forget) due to our large user base being from the States, it is our goal to reach out to the entire planet.

All concepts and initiatives have to start somewhere and seeing as our largest audience is in the US, it is only appropriate and sensical to begin here.

ATS Statistics - Year to Date

But as has been mentioned in a few previous responses to regional (US) and international ATS/TAN member events, this is on the cards. It may not happen as soon as people would like but we do have to priortise our goals so as to make everything work out best in the long run.

To end my post, ATS is about the user - YOU. I mentioned this in my speech at the November 5th event as did Mark, Bill and Richard Belzer. All our plans centre around the membership and that is why we are going to have phenomenal success!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Dude' my Nan had a radio like tht in 42

you think this post will go threw?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
centre

Um, did you not get the memo? no more old english spellings.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Ahem. Some of us still have and use radios like that *slaps the youngster with a cold fish*

Thanks Simon. Suitably reassured.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Simon's minute of evaluation

I've finally managed to read through all the threads created for, about and during the November 5th event. At least I hope I've found them all.

I just wanted to chime in on the few users who had quite a bit of negativity towards ATS for holding this event and felt it was just a waste of time.

1. The webcam feature was set up for our members so that they could see what we were announcing to the mainstream media attendees. Obviously being the first time we have set up such an event, there were bound to be niggling issues. Bill mentioned previously about timing and there was nothing we could do about it unfortunately. Had we not been so busy on the night trying to promote our members and user-generated content to all the guests, we should have stepped in front of the camera and made some announcements.

2. Do people honestly think we could have attracted the same influencial industry executives had we held a panel announcement at a tiny bingo hall with cheese and crackers? Heck no, this needed to a BIG event, we needed to prove that we are serious about our USER GENERATED CONTENT. What better way than a trendy meet & greet at a beautiful SoHo hotel. It was a huge financial gamble, but we think it has opened doors for us and already there are great things in the works as a result of the night.

3. This was our opportunity to present our UGC ecosystem model to the mainstream public. It is important to bear in mind that ATS... this whole Web 2.0 UGC environment that many people take for granted... is completely unheard of and further, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to many in the industry who are hearing about it for the first time. ATS has been at the forefront of Web 2.0 collaborative integration and we wanted people to know about it!

4. We did not promise anything in our teasers than what was given. If people expected disclosure, then we would have used that very word in our pre-event anticipatory promotion.

5. The whole buzz about our event was user-generated content - our members being able to influence their own media. Goodbye Big Brother, no more slave to the machine. If people do not understand this concept then I can't say anything more, but most did and in a huge way.

ATS is only going to get bigger and better, and all of you out there are influencing what happens. This is a DIGITAL REVOLUTION!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I dont see anything sinister about this, nor do I see this as a let down in any way. You guys work your butts off to keep this site going and keep your business flourishing. So far its worked out real well, I think it only fair to trust your vision for the future, and if it happens to yeild a few lucrative beneifts in the future for yourselves (or even better, the users) then so be it, you deserve it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Do I look blonde to you buddy????
How did we go from a Revolution to a local shindig..to Hooters..???
You boys are all the same.
I'll go find the Chippendales, thanx.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

How did we go from a Revolution to a local shindig..

Well that was a logical progression.

..to Hooters..???

Um, that would have been me.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

I just wanted to chime in on the few users who had quite a bit of negativity towards ATS for holding this event and felt it was just a waste of time.

Well, on a forum full of suspicious people you`ll necessarily have people who are even suspicious toward the provider of the forum.

You guys did a great job and its important to reach out to the mass-media, which we so often blame and critisize, and give them a chance.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh I should have known....

Ok you are off the list of those who get to plan the party.
J/K

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

J/K

WAIT, you didn't see what I had planned for the other room

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

J/K

WAIT, you didn't see what I had planned for the other room

Oh my!! (hands covering eyes respectively with peeky hole)

Seriously though ATS. When I came across this web site during my quest into a Billy Meier investigation I knew I found home. People I can admire for their intelligence as well as insight.

I am and continue to be wow'ed by what I am learning.

Finding out that regular people like me are being listened to is truly amazing.

I hope ASTs future serves us as well as it has done up to this day.

[edit on 7/11/07 by Rhain]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Oh Intrepid, Nice..but what good is a stripper? Really.
Eye candy, whoop de do.
I'd rather watch football. Blech.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'd rather watch football.

DAMN, where were you when I was single. GO NINERS!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just watched the video. Great work, guys! Thank you Simon, Skeptic and Springer. It was great to see you all and I'm very impressed with ATS and its impact in the world. I "get" the revolution. And I'm in!

Very exciting! Great job!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join