It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilhelm Reich and the Orgone Generator: 50 Years Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wilhelm Reich and the Orgone Generator: 50 Years Later

www.boston.com

Ridiculed at the time, the European-born psychiatrist is today largely forgotten and his work on what he called orgone energy remains outside the scientific mainstream.

But a small number of scientists and other believers are working to advance his studies -- and resurrect his reputation.

"Personally, I think it's going to be a long time before all of his work is understood and recognized," said Reich's granddaughter, Renata Reich Moise, a nurse-midwife and artist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What is Orgone Energy?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm not too familiar with orgone energy, but I've seen the topic come up around here. It is fascinating in see in retrospect how far ahead of its time much of his work really was.

It just goes to show sometimes you never know something you might think sounds crazy might just turn out to be true.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It just goes to show sometimes you never know something you might think sounds crazy might just turn out to be true.

VERY well said.

Thats the sort of statement ALOT of people should take heed of

Very good find, thankyou for bringing this to my attention.

Here are a few VIDS about Reich and Orgone energy, for any one who is interested.

EDIT: hmmm vids don't work... here's the links...

Peter Robbins - Orgone Energy, Wilhelm ...

Mans Right To Know - The Story of

Enjoy

AoN

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What strikes me about the story is how threatened the FDA seemed to be by whatever it was he was investigating. To put the guy on trial and find him guilty of fraud is one thing, but to subsequently have all his papers and generators burned borders on the fanatical. It is, in fact, fanatical, imo. That is what raises the red flags of intrigue and the hairs on a good CTer's neck.

So the guy is tried by the government at the behest of a government agency (he never had a chance), is sentenced to prison for ignoring the judgment (he wouldn't play along) and dies there after only eight months.

By now, good CTer's CT senses are kicking into high gear. Was the guy for real, was he a quack selling snake oil? Will we ever know for sure? I think we will, I think we will.

new topics

top topics

join