It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Orgone Energy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In my research about Chemitrails, I have come up on many things, and one of them is Orgone Energy. I would like to know what Orgone Energy is, and not a debate over my belif in Chemitrails.

apc

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It is an unproven hypothetical construct of the imagination.

The idea is based on nothing. Has no evidence of existance. And is basically a way for scam artists to trick 'slow' people into buying their devices that are supposed to protect them from this harmful energy.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, what is Orgone energy supposed to be, or do? Is it real, or is it Fake?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
From Wiki:

In the 1930s, Reich said he had discovered a physical energy, which he called "orgone," and which he said was contained in the atmosphere and in all living matter. He developed instruments to detect and harness this energy, which he said could be used to treat illnesses like cancer or control the weather. His views were not accepted by the mainstream scientific community.

Interesting man Wilhelm Reich, not least because of this:

In August 1956, several tons of his publications were burned by the FDA. He died of heart failure in jail just over a year later, one day before he was due to apply for parole.

Now, what did he know that made the FDA burn his papers? Remember this is after the shock of the world at the Nazi book burnings, and perpetrated by the US government.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmmm, thats very intresting indeed. Everytime I try to research on Orgone Energy, all I get is websites trying to sell me stuff. So its not accepted then? Does anyone know if theres a way I can test it, because I like to find out stuff for myself, before I belive someones opinion or "Theory."

apc

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is as accepted as Scientology. Metaphorically, they're two chapters of the same book. Good luck finding a way to test for its existance. Devices people claim to build to interact with Orgone are usually nothing more than fancy paperweights.

Reich came up with Orgone Energy as an explanation for the "energy" released during orgasm.

www.whale.to...

Reich observed these four essential stages (tension, build-up, discharge and relaxation) in all aspects of life forms he examined. In the orgasm process of sex, he discovered a unique energetic life force that pervaded all nature. Reich named this force “orgone energy.”

Basically, he didnt understand what he observed. So like most people who lack understanding of a matter, he made something up to explain it. Orgone Energy.

As far as his papers being burned, the only references to this I find are more Wiki's. Personally, I find Wikis to be quite useless and unreliable sources of information. If there are any documented facts about these burnings I'd love to read them. If these burnings did take place, I suspect it was more an act against Communism, as was the norm in the 50s.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by apc]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apcAs far as his papers being burned, the only references to this I find are more Wiki's. Personally, I find Wikis to be quite useless and unreliable sources of information. If there are any documented facts about these burnings I'd love to read them. If these burnings did take place, I suspect it was more an act against Communism, as was the norm in the 50s.

I have heard the story before, most memorably in Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson. If you do a little research, you will find that it undoubtedly happened.

Here are some links:

Anti-Constitutional Activities and Abuse of Police Power by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and other Federal Agencies

Who was Dr. Wilhelm Reich and why has history tried so hard to erase him?

WILHELM REICH Scientist or Scoundrel?

Dr. Wilhelm Reich: Scientific Genius – or Medical Madman?

[edit on 28/5/06 by Implosion]

apc

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I will readily dismiss the first two links.

The fourth is the same that I referenced.

The third is a user homepage on a .edu. I would suspect this person would have access to reliable resources so I will give this one some credibility. However, that credibility doesn't go very far.

I would still like to see something that really has weight. These are the same links I find Googling, and nothing comes back that really drives it home.

I don't necessarily doubt that his books were burned. Mainly just on the premise that "It could happen." I have yet to see anything indicating that it did not happen. However, I doubt strongly that the reason to destroy his Orgone research was to hide it from public knowledge. If that was so, they apparently didn't do a very good job.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why dismiss the links? I post them, not as a statement of absolute truth, but as an example that this story has been well covered, and numerous accounts can be found using a simple search, in seconds.

However, If you don't like links to websites, let me quote from a book, remember them?

The following is quoted from Cosmic Trigger Volume 1 [Final Secret Of The Illuminati] - Robert Anton Wilson

ISBN:1-56184-003-3 [New Falcon Publications]

I had observed with horror the destruction of Dr. Reich by the forces of bureaucracy and bigotry in the late 1950s. It was a kind of awakening experience, the first dawn of the apprehension that our government, like any other, is more bad than good. To others, this awakening came through the Vietnam War, or through working with blacks and Indians in the civil rights struggle and discovering that the misery of these minorities is not just a dramatic political "issue" but a very painful reality. To some, it only came with Watergate. To some, it hasn't come yet. To me, as a libertarian, it came when agents of the Food and Drug Administration dumped all of Dr. Reich's books - 30 years of scientific research - into the Vansivoort Street incinerator in New York City, in 1957, and burned them.

Book-burning was a scene out of Nazi Germany, the horror of all the anti-Nazi movies the Libertarian had seen as a child coming alive in his own country, in his own time.

The libertarian wrote many defences of Reich in those years, for small oddball political and occult journals - the only ones who were willing to print articles claiming that the U.S. government might possibly have played the Holy Inquisition role to a new Galileo. The only effect of all this earnest writing was that I got to meet quite a few Reichians and found them to be a dreary lot - emotionally addicted to paranoid, dogmatic and intolerant head trips (an imitation, unconscious but brilliantly accurate, of all the stress symptoms Reich himself had developed after seven years of hounding and harassment by Washington)

The words of a man who was alive to witness and follow the story as it happened, and impassioned words at that. I don't care if you consider Robert Anton Wilson to be a credible source, he is at writer of some renown, for both works of fiction, and non-fiction. Surely if these events did not occur, someone would have brought it up a long time ago.

Oh yeah, he also wrote a play about it: Wilhelm Reich in Hell

Maybe now, we can stop asking if it actually did happen, and focus on WHY it happened?

apc

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As I said, I don't necessarily doubt that it happened. But, I could bring forth countless reports of alien abductions and people having personally spoken with God. Just because there's lots of stories about something doesn't make it fact.

As has been referenced, this guy supported Communism and other "perverse" ideologies of the time. In modern times, the DEA burns drugs. In the 50s, propaganda was commonly set ablaze. I'm not saying that all of his work was propaganda, but this should be taken into account.

The reason I doubt that his work was destroyed as an Orgone research coverup, is because everything Reich tried to explain through Orgone Energy has already been explained by known mechanisms. With the exception of his more "paranormal" ideas. Getting into this realm, however, you deal with nothing but speculation. This is why I doubt there was a coverup. What could there be to coverup? Beyond the unprovable hypothetical, there is nothing.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This actually belongs in the paranormal section because organic energy in theory is energy that can manifest itself.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
As I said, I don't necessarily doubt that it happened. But, I could bring forth countless reports of alien abductions and people having personally spoken with God. Just because there's lots of stories about something doesn't make it fact.

This is not an abduction story told by a hillbilly, this is a well documented act by the United States government. Seriously this argument is stupid, I may as well ask you to prove to me that you are not just a figment of my imagination. The above was quoted from a writer who documented it at the time, and states as much. Do you not think someone would have brought him up on it were it a flight of fantasy?

Originally posted by apc
Beyond the unprovable hypothetical, there is nothing.

Unfortunately, I now find I have to concur. However, I do not think they would have acted in this manner without good reason [at least in their own mind].

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a believer as such, in anything to be honest, but I have read much about this well know act by the FDA, and it just winds me up to see someone saying it never happened. Remember the motto of the site, do a little research.

[edit on 28/5/06 by Implosion]

apc

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sheesh. Once again, I am not saying it didn't happen...

All I am really saying, is the majority of the sources for this event are dubious at best. I wouldn't be surprised if every resource on the Internet is getting their info from the book you quoted. I'm considering these possibilities, and you call me ignorant?

Again, I am not arguing that there was no burning. There probably was. BUT, I wasn't there. Neither were you. This is something that must be taken into consideration when reviewing any and all historical records.

Everything gets twisted by the eyes of the observer. Hundreds of books could have been dozens. A massacre could have been a minor street brawl. Etc etc. Yes, this mans research was probably destroyed by the FDA. I'm not debating that. What I argue is that this was likely not an act of conspiracy to cover up Orgone Energy research.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
It is as accepted as Scientology. Metaphorically, they're two chapters of the same book. Good luck finding a way to test for its existance. Devices people claim to build to interact with Orgone are usually nothing more than fancy paperweights.

Reich came up with Orgone Energy as an explanation for the "energy" released during orgasm.

www.whale.to...

Reich observed these four essential stages (tension, build-up, discharge and relaxation) in all aspects of life forms he examined. In the orgasm process of sex, he discovered a unique energetic life force that pervaded all nature. Reich named this force “orgone energy.”

Basically, he didnt understand what he observed. So like most people who lack understanding of a matter, he made something up to explain it. Orgone Energy.

As far as his papers being burned, the only references to this I find are more Wiki's. Personally, I find Wikis to be quite useless and unreliable sources of information. If there are any documented facts about these burnings I'd love to read them. If these burnings did take place, I suspect it was more an act against Communism, as was the norm in the 50s.

Sex was a part of it, but Orgone energy has to do with a lot more than just sex. As in your quote, orgone energy is "a unique energetic life force that pervaded all nature." And he worked much of his life trying to understand what he called Orgone Energy.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by ghaleon12]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Of course there is cloudbusting too:
www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk...
Now I just skimmed this, but what I rermember from previous reading on the topic, a tube of some sort has metal filings in a resin base that is supposed to direct orgone energy into a cloud. The one on this link is a bit different however.

Further your search :
www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Of course there is cloudbusting too:
www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk...
Now I just skimmed this, but what I rermember from previous reading on the topic, a tube of some sort has metal filings in a resin base that is supposed to direct orgone energy into a cloud. The one on this link is a bit different however.

Further your search :
www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Toadmund]

Thats how i initially heard about orgone energy.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The_time_is_now......Forget the rest AND the naysayers. Allow them to go back to bed...You take care of business yourself.

Start here...Feel free to ask me questions, Im a salty dog veteran in this movement and Ive seen it all.

www.whale.to...

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Census]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Get a copy of Reich' "The Function Of The Orgasm" & all we be splained.

expansion & contraction

you breathe in / you breathe out

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Orgone is snake oil plain and simple, go and listen to someone who sells it like Sherry Shriner and see that its purely a money generator and has no benifits at all. I did some experimenting with this stuff a while back and mage my own so called Orgone Generators. Nothing to see here move on and dont bother wasting your time with yet another attempt and relieving the gullible and their cash.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Orgone is Reich's word for something that people have known about for thousands of years. The Chinese call it chi and use it as the basis for traditional Chinese medicine, which has many branches of which the best known in the west is acupuncture. It is also the driver of traditional Taoist martial arts forms, which can verge on the supernatural to Western eyes.

Yoga practitioners call it prana and have developed their own methods of harnessing it. Advanced Yogic practices go under the name pranayama and, while it literally translates as 'breath' and 'breath control' (or 'practice'), it is more to do with activating this subtle energy.

The Japanese call it ki and have similar, though less developed, techniques for accumulating it and putting it to use.

In Kabbalist esoterica it is referred to as ruach but I really know no more than that, although a friend who was Jewish told me once that Hasidic Jews (if memory serves, these are the ones with all the hair, who wear black suits and white shirts with no tie) wear braces rather than belts because they believe belts restrict the flow of ruach around the body.

Unfortunately Western biology is locked into a very mechanistic conception of the human body and such ideas are considered too fanciful to have any value. The concepts are derided, distorted and their practitioners often persecuted, like Reich, whose books were indeed burned and his laboratory destroyed.

It had nothing to do with communism. The Supreme Court was asked by the FDA to declare that there was no such thing as orgone, and an injunction was placed on Reich banning his books and expressly forbidding their transport across state lines. When one of his fans broke this rule and was caught, Reich himself went to jail, where he died.

There have been replications of his results.

One of the first devices Reich built was the Orgone Accumulator. This trapped free-flowing atmospheric orgone which could then be used in healing and for experimental purposes. Seeds kept in an accumulator are more likely to germinate and to provide better, healthier stock.

When orgone is trapped in the accumulator, it gives up the kinetic component of its energy, which is turned into heat. Therefore there will always be a slight warming effect which can be tested for. At one stage you could find on the net a duplication of this experiment: I've tried to find it but can't. It may have gone now. It did, however, furnish evidence to support Reich's contentions about the nature of orgone.

Further, there have been some people who have built "cloudbusters" and have altered weather patterns temporarily as a result. It is of interest to note that scientific protocol breaks down with such experiments as by their very nature, there can be no 'control': it's simply not possible.

Unfortunately because mainstream science has turned its back on this matter in large measure, amateurs have rushed in to fill the gap. One of the most obvious 'heirs' to Reich's work is James DeMeo, who is troubled by the proliferation of orgone-channeling devices, as well he might be imo. Having looked at some of the newsgroups, I found them all-too-often to be filled with, well, frankly....loonies, which is a great shame - it's no tribute to Reich that such a lot of idiots want to congregate and just muck about with potentially quite harmful devices.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by rich23]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join