It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE REVOLUTION! highlights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Hello all...

While what we presented may seem like not much of a revolution for us experienced ATS users, for those in the room, we rocked their world.

The idea that ATS can evolve to a media company where online users become participants in shaping their offline media experiences may seem like a natural extension to "us," I can say with certainty that it was an earth-shattering revelation -- a media revolution -- to the people in the room. And those people included producers/reporters for every major broadcast network, all three major cable news networks, three radio networks, five major news papers, three news radio stations, publishers, film producers, and cable network executives. ...

The post-presentation response from the news people was nothing short of gushing and every bit in agreement with our "revolution" theme.

Hi Skeptic, and thanks for the extra info. However interested these major news outlets may have been, though, a simple search of Google News for Above Top Secret demonstrates how much impact your meet and greet actually had.

I enjoy this website for the opportunities it gives for discussion. I found the Remember 5th November stuff gimmicky, to be honest. But that's fair enough, this website caters for a huge amount of people who all have different tastes and ideas - so good for you if you thought this was innovative and an interesting new direction for the site. Sadly it was all rather lost on me, though I go on hoping you're right, just like I go on hoping John Lear and all the others are right, too.

LW

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
However interested these major news outlets may have been, though, a simple search of Google News for Above Top Secret demonstrates how much impact your meet and greet actually had.

You do realize that the gathering ended only about 12 hours ago, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

The Revolution BEGINS November fifth. ATS has turned a corner and is pursuing a clear vision for the future. Something this big can't take place overnight.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
However interested these major news outlets may have been, though, a simple search of Google News for Above Top Secret demonstrates how much impact your meet and greet actually had.

sadly as you mention, there is not one mention of the event in google's news section today. only one mention of ats appears at all and that is halfway down the gossip column of the new york daily news website.

this is my fear - ats should be something more than just a tabloid referral - it should be groundbreaking, earth shattering and in your face with the stuff they don't tell you on the news. it should be a site known for pushing the frontiers of conspiracy research, not as a multimedia friendly social networking gathering with celebrity endorsement - i'm sure you could hire dan ackroyd for that job.

we NEED the whistleblowers and the insider interviews and the in-depth intelligent articles to stay afloat. that is what should be actively pursued now. if we can attract those type of big names then we will be taken seriously and not as a joke.

don't respect the meainstream media for who they are - make them respect us for who we are!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
REVOLUTIONS take time

This is the beginning

Do not be discouraged that the main stream media has not plastered this event on their outlets.

Be ENCOURAGED that the MSM tries to clamp down on OUR voices.

Could they feel threatened?

I think so.

Imagine, the thought processes, the discussions, the questions, the debate that we see here every day......

Becoming MAIN STREAM

IMAGINE the day when WE are MSM!

The day is coming when spoon fed, biased, politically correct sources of media will be the fringe.

We seek the truth, we want the truth, we can handle the truth.

It is OUR world

IT should be OUR VOICE!

Be patient and continue the conversations

That day will come.

This is only the BEGINNING

JSR

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well, from what I saw, it looked like a good "revolution dinner".

I understand the importance of these things. and I have no hard feeling about having to do it. its great that ATS is growing.

however, this could have been covered in an announcement after the fact. like a board business thread or something. the hype on ATS was way overdone. seeing as how, this was to attract people not yet members to the site.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the main stream media spreading this like wildfire though. there is a reason for all of the media consolidation these days. and why so few hold the keys to so much media content.

ATS is for sure a revolution of sorts. the members here are hands down outstanding. there is no better place to come for open discussion of a wide variety of topics. but, the members have to carry the ball for the revolution. no news media will do it for us. so keep telling everybody you know about this place.

congrats three amigos....and members.....

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
Oh yeah, and Access Denied said hi to me on camera!

No, she didn't. She said Hi to me and mis-pronounced my name. You can verify this by looking back on that thread where I asked her to.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JSR

I have personally brought three new people to ATS. I don't know their screen names, nor do I want to, as that would spoil the way things work. I will go on trying on a one-to-one basis to involve people with ATS.

I believe in the ATS ideal, even when I'm feeling cynical about how downright stupid the world as a whole has become. This event brought us into the forefront of a few more minds. And if these people see that they can't fight the revolution, then they'll join it.

Power to the people!!!!

JSR

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

dont get me wrong....i agree with you. i just think the "on-site" hype was way overdone. could have at least tossed something for the members to chew on the day of.......other than the webcast of the "revolution dinner", thats all.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Well jedimiller you know there are enough of us ATS members that we could crash the next party.

Can you imagine a thousand people in foil hats busting through the doors?

Now that would make a statement.

OH GOD!!!! I think I just peed on myself...

I will also be a crasher of the next party... But I think I will wear my tin-foil suit of armor...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What we need is a cable channel that gets bundled into a regular package deal. Then a couple of reporters/announcers to give all the latest scoops from ATS.

They could do some web cast interviews with people from the forums, as well as have a roving reporter that could go to locations and ask the type of questions we want to hear answers to.

In between times, they could package some of the stuff that plays on the History Channel, as well as do NASA updates. Most of all, they could do "Breaking News" our way.

Now that would be a revolution!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what revolution? this type of content has been on the internet
since the beginning considering it was darpanet that says something
I remember a site about 14 years ago called the conspiracy vaults
it went offline after about 5 years when the owner died in a car crash.
no revolution sounds more like an I.P.O. party than anything else.

reply to post by neonine

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by ArtemisFowl

does anyone else think it's ironic revolution and celebrity are being used in the same sentence?

[edit on 5-11-2007 by riley]

well i wasn't sure why they called it a revolution when it was not only an ATS party. But a over proportionized donation event for Ron paul which as the ron paul radio put it is "fighting thegovernment and helping the people take over with the 'money bombs'"

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl
well i wasn't sure why they called it a revolution when it was not only an ATS party. But a over proportionized donation event for Ron paul which as the ron paul radio put it is "fighting thegovernment and helping the people take over with the 'money bombs'"

Um, I must have missed something. Where does Ron Paul come into this?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ron Paul wasn't even mentioned. DK got a little plug from the Belz tho.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks schuyler for completely deflating my huge head!

I was also typing in chat, what I thought they were reading at that moment, for her to say hi and the way she pronounced my name is also a common occurence for me.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl

Um, I must have missed something. Where does Ron Paul come into this?

i meant to say that they also called that a revolution and it was done at the same time as the party

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have some questions.

First of all, Great job.

I am proud to be a part of the group that is going where no group has gone before.

Have any of these celebrities been ATS members already before this event?

If not are any of these celebrities going to be a member of ATS now after this event or be a part of it in anyway?

Are there any celebrities that are a member of ATS that we don't know about yet?

I think ATS needs to take over the media, this is not one of your plans is it?

I know you have a whole lot more to share with us and I will be anxiously waiting.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

OOOPPPSSS!!!!!
Sorry, I thought I pronounced it right.
"Shoo-Ler"
If I pronounced the "c" I did not mean too...but I was drinking all the free "Alien Abduction " drinks.

I read on the monitor you wanted a shout out...so I gave it.
Would have loved to be a cam hog and say Hi to everyone...but not possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

LOL, yeah, they only wanted to hear from you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join