It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you that don't believe in reincarnation, explain this...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Your probably right. I am not convinced either, just offering possible ideas.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I didn't want to come off like a jerk, either. I've just noticed that pandering to the crowd to be polite only encourages further speculation. A speculative snowball effect that goes wildly out of control if you let it.

Edit: And who's to say I should have any authority in that anyway... To each their own

[edit on 3-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
DeadflagBlues,
The girl "Is" claiming to be Kalpana Chawla, the female astronaut that dies in the space shuttle Clumbia disaster.

Google her name if you want her go to the wiki link:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think reincarnation isn't an illogical theory; we have examples or illustrations of it all throughout this earth we live on. We have the daily sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and moonset, each seemingly the next day reborn in the sky. The lunar cycle more explicitly oozes the notion of rebirth with its new, waning, full, and waxing phases.

The concept of time in relation to the planets cannot be viewed without thinking about reincarnation. Planets are destroyed and made. Even the entire universe, it has been theorized, has existed in total life and destruction countless times before this one, with the big bang wiping out all evidence of the past incremental stages.

Even religions that do not believe in physical reincarnation believe in spiritual reincarnations, becoming a new enlightened being, while shrugging off the old self.

I do not really know what happens after death, but I think the concept of reincarnation is not that wild a one.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

How is it not a fact? show me a personality that lives outside the brain. It is a product of the brain. When 'you' die, thats it, there is no more 'you' only the non-human elements that made you up still exist to go back to the dirt, sea, air and other life forms. Ghost, reincarnation of the soul, all these are miserable attempts to avoid the inevitable, that which is death.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think this story is fascinating.

I do believe in reincarnation and have my own past life memory that really changed my life when I had the recollection.

Great find!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
How is it not a fact? show me a personality that lives outside the brain. It is a product of the brain. When 'you' die, thats it, there is no more 'you' only the non-human elements that made you up still exist to go back to the dirt, sea, air and other life forms. Ghost, reincarnation of the soul, all these are miserable attempts to avoid the inevitable, that which is death.

Here:

www.aleroy.com...

Source and location of consciousness is unknown, that is a fact. You can keep preaching about consciousness being located in the brain all you want, they've been doing that for 100 years already with nothing conclusive, just speculation.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

While that may be true that Consciousness has not been pin pointed, how about this little experiment, you let me kick you in the head as hard as I want and see if you lose Consciousness, perhaps you will lose it, why? because I damaged the generator.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Let's try this: At the same time that you kick him in the head, I kick you in the head to see what the effect will be. They meight cancel each other out or multiply or its all an illusion

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Those pictures are so amazing! It really boggles the mind! Some Christians think that reincarnation could be a type of spirit that has attached to a new person. That makes sense to me. This is very thought-provoking.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

There was a several housr documentary on this on tv several years back. It seems that in certain parts of the world it's not uncommon.

I don't believe in reincarnation. It's possible that it is a lie started by the family.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here is another case of reincarnation. This woman remembers her children from a past life, and was so worried about her children. Amazing story! Story about Jenny Cockell "A Past Life Remembered".

www.thothweb.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
While that may be true that Consciousness has not been pin pointed, how about this little experiment, you let me kick you in the head as hard as I want and see if you lose Consciousness, perhaps you will lose it, why? because I damaged the generator.

You said "we can't leave the body", that's totally incorrect. Learn to astral project and you'll see for yourself.

Hrmm, of course I'll lose consciousness because my consciousness is attached to my body. Doesn't mean it gets turned off buddy. We dream every night, yet most of the time we can't remember a thing. Does it mean that my consciousness is turned off? When you're unconscious, your consciousness doesn't leave your body, because you're still alive.

Do you know that people have been reported clinically brain dead at an NDE, and yet their consciousness/soul walks right out of their body and they stare at their physical body? If the brain is dead, how is it doing that?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have a question, why do so may people who claim to be reincarnate souls claim to be from past historical figures?

Why arn't people coming forward saying they are the reincarnate of a assembly line worker from a beer factory?

"Norm!"

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yeah, okay, that's fine. If it was a reincarnation of the astronaut, there would need to be a lot of credible evidence supporting the claims. I also think there's a significant difference between "I died in space when a iceball hit my rockeship" and the events that transpired in The Challenger incident. I think there's a lot of "hope," let's say, in those regions. I won't say if I do or dont believe in her claims until it's substantiated. I'm not going to give into the excitement that something like that may be true, you know? Actions like those take away from personal rationale, and that's a bad thing.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry I got off topic, as for the story? Theres what? a billion or more people in India? I think they are just trying to sell a story, for what motive? who knows. They even threw in that her parents are illiterate, I think they used those words just to persuade you even more. NDE's and OOBE, astral projection are not really proof that your awareness can leave the body and enter into the objective world.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It worries me

It worries me greatly, certain people here have taken that news report as gospel

There are so many reasons why that story in no way proves reincarnation.

One reason (Perhaps not a likely one) is that the article in itself could be a complete lie. It happens.

But then, ther article could be true in hwhat it's reporting, but has dramatized it, alot. That happens VERY commonly.

I dont see at all how this could be considered proofd. Just because the article claims the parents are illiterate. That could be a right up lie. Do shock people.

And even if they are, chances are it's influence and other people talking that could make this child believe this.
(But i personally believe it's the parents)

You children say all sorts of things.

I know a 4 year old child, who knows nothing of economics, he doesnt distinguish, he is only young. He would have no concept of wat earns the most money and what doesnt. But a few days ago, he called over his mum, pointed towards canary wharf (For those who dont know, it's actually an area, but is more famous for the tallll building that was once the tallest in london. aAnd of course, alot of money is earned there daily), and he says "Mummy, when i'm grown up and i'm a daddy, that's where i'm going to work". I suppose this means he is some sort os psychic? No it doesnt. It's just an odd occurance.

My little cousin used to tell me mum about how she looked after my mum when my mum was a baby.
That does not mean, in anyway, that she is a reincarnation of my mums babysitter, or someone who looked after my mum. In fact, i do believe my mum never had a baby sitter. It was only her mum looking after her (He rmum who is still alive).

Children say strange things. And even stranger things if they have had ideas put into their heads by other people

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Hi there,
Can only speak from my own experience ... but as for the many, many people that I've regressed over the past 10yrs, I've never had one tell me they were a famous historical figure. Every single one has been a regular person living average lives. That's what I find the convincing factor.

As for the ones who claim to have been famous, best analogy I can give is like comparing the reactions of someone who has clinical hypnosis ... compared to those victims of stage hypnosis (bet there's not too much clucking like chickens or eating onions like apples in most clinical offices ... likewise not too much theraputic help found up on stage). Basically down to the client/therapist connection and relationship

Having said that we have to also consider the fact, that unless being a famous and/or historical figure means you don't get to come back again ... it must mean that somebody walking around right now could indeed have been someone famous in a previous incarnation

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyrolot
There are so many reasons why that story in no way proves reincarnation.

For those that don't believe in reincarnation, no kind of evidence will suffice. There are so many children out there who remember things from their past lives among other things, but they don't talk about it because it's not acceptable in society. It's a controversial subject.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I am not sure if I get your analogy, are you saying there is a fun like hip culture of claiming some past famous life, the stage show.

And a real form of clinical regression that brings out true past life experiences.

Is that what you mean?

By the way thanks for the response, I have only heard the claims in the news of famous people. I always figured they were doing a little wish fulfillment.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join