It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Eight Year Old Son, The Criminal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Its getting pretty bad in a society when you can't even POINT at someone anymore.

1984 Indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow, this is insane.

It might comfort some of you to know that things weren't this bad when I was a senior in high school (a scant 2 years ago, so it hasn't been long). At least, it wasn't that bad in the high school I went to in Oklahoma.

I took drama as a senior and we had class demonstrations one day. For my demonstration I brought food to class and had to cut it up before I could serve it, so I borrowed a couple knives from the Home Ec room and went to the commons area with a friend.

The principal walked out to ask what we were doing, and said that he had the authority to suspend us for sitting down in an empty room cutting food. But then he said

"It's ridiculous that 20 feet away in the Home Ec room these are cooking tools, but where you are right now, they're weapons."

He told us to just finish what we were doing and left. Nothing was filed, neither of us got into trouble.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by guanna

This is actually horrifying to hear.. I live on the other side of the planet, but what you'r government is doing makes me scared..

I mean, what does this example do, if not proove they are trying to turn EVERYONE into sheep. Mindless robots, drones, call it what you want..

This really scares the crap out of me..

Don't Circumvent the automatic ATS censors

[edit on 11-15-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I don't mean to swear, but what a complete load of CRAP! Trying to charge and 8 year old for playing finger guns??? That's ridiculous! When I was in primary school we used to use Connectable Texters to make guns and have pretend wars and such, and I turned out just fine (I hope).
If they try to take it any further, I say give 'em hell Guanna. You're a parent raising a kid, and your child deserves to be treated like a child, not a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Someone else might have said this already, I haven't read through all the posts (nor will I, no offense but I read the first page and the last and I think I get the gist of the conversation).

But stop posting about it here, entirely, don't say anything else regarding the situation because some a-hole in court might use it against you and your son.

Then get a lawyer. In America everyone can afford a lawyer because if you don't have the money yourself, they have to give you a lawyer for free.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im curious if there is an update on this?

*Where does this stand now?
*What were the charges that were brought against him?

I look forward to an update!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Few months ago i wouldn't believe you with this post
but something similiar happened to my Nephew in Conneticut
I live in Montreal, but my sister in CT.

My Nephew was play fighting in grade 1, play fighting in the school hallway where punches n kicks did not land on each other

cops came, my nephew got expelled, again had to do with homeland security.

No news, complete media blackout

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What was your nephew charged with?

Im guessing the OP is never coming back. Shame, Id really like to know the chrages, as im a CJ major and I find this relevant to what im studying.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Me too Leo. I hope the OP at least comes back for an update. Please don't leave us hanging. Some of us are genuinely concerned.
:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I thought I'd share my little experience with the "Zero-Tolerance" Policy upheld in the education system.

During my Sophmore year of high school (2000), I was charged with making a bomb threat. The school's policy at that time was as follows:

Level 1 Infraction (least)
Level 2 Infraction
Level 3 Infraction (most)
Zero-Tolerance (maximum punishment)

Now, a bomb threat was listed specifically under a Level 3 Infraction, with called for 3-5 day suspension, parent conference, etc. However, Terroristic Threatening was classified as Zero-Tolerance.

So I was charged with a Level 3 Infraction, but was punished to the maximum. The "maximum" was 5 days suspension and expulsion from school.

After my preliminary court hearing, we noticed this flaw in the rules. We brought it to the attention of the superintendent, who was completely careless and couldn't have cared less. We actually filed suit against the school board because of the rules. Needless to say, the school has since changed the rules....it was never taken to court, as they complied fairly quickly.

Without telling my whole story up to this point, just let me say what I did was in written form, and in a complete comedic manner. I never had any intention of making a bomb threat, or any threat of that kind.
Sure, I should have known better, but it was meant as a joke...I admitted my mistake, and the school was well aware of my innocence. The whole incident was handled haphazardly, at best.

Heck, the police were there and I was told that I could be detained, but the police have decided not to, as they didn't consider me a "danger".

Anyhow, I finish my school year at an alternative school, in which I didn't belong, since I wasn't a trouble-maker or druggie. All 4 teachers I had there commented that I didn't belong!

Luckily, I got to go back to my original high school and finish my schooling as normal.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

I just looked into moving to Canada. It is expensive!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is screwed up...

Where I live, my son picked a fight in 8th grade and got lunch detention!!!

He THREATENED a girl, asked a staff member what would happen if he pulled the fire alarm when the accreditation team arrived, and ONLY got a parent-student-staff meeting!

I live in a wealthier neighborhood, say, are rich neighborhoods "groomed" to become the Elite?

My son gets QUALITY education!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hate to say this, but the media is controlled...

You won't get much of a "media circus", but you should at least TRY, contact as many people as possible. The Harry Potter idea is good.

Try contacting Alex Jones at infowars.com. At least make it "breaking news" to the alternative media.

But try, TRY getting the story on CNN!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
[quote
Anyhow, I finish my school year at an alternative school, in which I didn't belong, since I wasn't a trouble-maker or druggie. All 4 teachers I had there commented that I didn't belong!

Dude, you made a bomb threat. Joke or not. Anyone can say "just kidding" when they get caught.
I am sorry you went through that but you did it to yourself. I would have raised hell if you went to my childs school and they let you come back to school at all.
Next time you might want to use your head before spouting off your feelings. Bombs are not a joke. People die from bombs so don't expect us to laugh along with you.

Now that said, I hope you learned a lesson and will attempt to make society better instead of harming yourself or someone else.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by guanna

Sir,

The first day of my son's suspension would have been the first day of his home schooling If I were in your shoes! Zero tolerance = Zero common sence!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
guanna I hope everything is resolved, I think its really dumb the school principal and police has to press charges against you son and his friends for something as light-hearted as kids playing cowboys (finger gun)....

...If I find out the teacher that called the cops, I was slap them for being too lazy to properly handle the this type of situation, and resorting to the cops.

...serious, I got in trouble with possession of a weapon in college because my friends were throwing the knives (I got at the renaissance festival) at a tree. My friends got caught, but were let go. Me...well at worse I got a slap on the wrist and a warning, and yes it did go on my record, but I was told that it was temporary and if they would remove it at the end of the semester.

I don't understand how people can do this to children.....the world is so messed up. Whatever you do, don't take advantage of the situation and sue....for profit...I see too many people do that, and its messed up...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
God I really hate this p.c. bs. After you deny it, if it gets to court ask the judge. if the police consider pointing a finger such a real treat why don’t the police dis- arm after all they can point a finger to stop the criminal cant they.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join