It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials...Mistaken for Gods, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber

IF these 'aliens' existed not only in our dimension, but in multiple ones, what exactly would be the difference between them and our perceived knowledge of angels and/or demons?

And don't try and get me on the command structure - just because they're multi-dimensional doesn't mean they don't have a leader.

The difference is in the words associated with angels & demons which come from a religious frame of mind. A 15th Century mind-set will simplicticly say "angels good", "demons bad". A 21st Century mind will say "many different races of aliens...some only perceived as "bad" because they are so different, some really bad. And the 25th Century mind will say....we`ll see about that.

In any case there is a huge difference. While angels and demons are described as having specific tasks and relations to humans, for some ETs we may be nothing but a curiosity.

In short: Angels and Demons are two types of entity, aliens may refer to millions of types of entities.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think it was Arthur C. Clarke wrote the book Childhoods End. Anyway in it aliens come to earth and big surprise they look like classical demons. I cant remember what really happens after that (Its been a long time since I read it) but I think its funny how everyone is really scared of them at first but they actually turn out to be good. None of it matters anyway the government has kept us all in the dark about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Have you read the COMETA report? At the very end of it, the authors conclude that they(assumingly they is a representation of the governments) fear that the population of people will no longer listen to them but instead embrace the aliens as gods and panic would ensue

"Art imitating life"

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Eden

No I haven't. Think you can get a link to it or something? It sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Alrighty, i'm not going to go into the various aspects of the word 'aliens' then.

Only that if they exist in a multi-dimensional capacity they may have influenced human thought without even intending to.

I was referring to 'multi-dimensional' Aliens, of course.

EDIT: This is just speculative thought, you don't need to take it seriously if you don't want to.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have often thought about this as well. Ancient people would have described things in their terms - things they knew about.

So, take the biblical reference to a "fiery chariot" carrying people around. Well, if they saw a glowing vehicle (UFO) that could carry people or beings, what else would they describe it as (and write it down as) but a glowing = fiery vehicle = chariot since the only thing they knew about that glowed was fire and their only vehicles were chariots and wagons. I'm guessing they chose chariot because they were "fancier" than wagons and used by upper classes of people.

Yes, I think you are on to something here ...

[edit on 10/31/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I like that multi-dimensional theory. It makes alot more sense than some of the other theories out there. Maybe they look just like us but have billions of years worth of knowledge under their belts.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sounds like the Nephilim ...

Genesis 6:1–4

When men began to multiply on earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of heaven saw how beautiful the daughters of man were, and so they took for their wives as many of them as they chose. Then the LORD said: “My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise one hundred and twenty years.” At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth (as well as later), after the sons of heaven had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons. They were heroes of old, men of renown.[1]

Jude 1:6–7

The angels too, who did not keep to their own domain but deserted their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains, in gloom, for the judgement of the great day. Likewise, Sodom, Gomorrah, and the surrounding towns, which, in the same manner as they, indulged in sexual promiscuity and practiced unnatural vice, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice job OP, this is an idea or theory which I am a major believer in. I also believe in a higher being, creator, god, whatever you want to call it, but the possibility that the gods and goddesses of the past, and present, are/were based off of alien lifeforms, is not only intriguing, but it is almost guarenteed. With only a small amount of history knowledge, one will find that the similarities of the dieties from people who did not have contact over thousands of years, from cave paintings to the Egyptians, and pyramids all across the world, as well as possibly on other planets, suggests that what we THINK we know about the past, is not really what happened. There is a connection between these superhuman "people" and the great monuments built toward them.

Three possibilities- the people who controlled the masses back then, are the same as the people who do now, not necessarily related, but they had control from economics or whatever.
Next, the aliens either were the gods and controlled the people or gave technology or power to the people who controlled the masses, and therefore the ability to control said masses.
Finally, it really was gods who showed people what they look like and how to worship them, or showed them, or the people made it up of their own accord.

To me, the first two possibilities are more likely, and second is more likely, unless the people had technology to control and never let it out, which would suggest a conspiracy that more or less goes back to alien technology from the extreme past. This is an argument that could go on for a long time, but there are definately aliens amungus.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Two one group say "God exists, Intelligent Design exists". To the other say "God doesnt exist. We are a product of evolution".

If Id begin to describe how faulty both these sytems are I could fill volume after volume after volume.

Please Oh Great Skyfloating, read us from your "Book of Truth"

The truth is right inbetween the two: Yes, Gods existed but they are not what you think they are! Oh yes, evolution exists, but it was "sped up" by an alien force.[...]

ancient astronaut theory is the MISSING LINK between religion and science...and this missing link is so disturbing to some that they will fanatically deny it.

First of all let me say that I'm not religious and I don't believe in 'god'.

More or less like yourself, I'm also inclined to believe this theory - that aliens in the past might have something to do with our development - in general, not necessarily genetic - I don't find that notion 'disturbing' at all and yet I can't possibly be as sure as you are or seem to be.

You know why? Because there is no concrete established data to prove it. But since you're so sure that that is the truth, maybe you have some undeniable evidence that will convince us all and could possibly share it with us?

May point is that if don't have anything concrete to prove your theory, don't say other people's theories are wrong. It just makes you sound arrogant and not open minded at all.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderCoveted

That was an excellent point you just made and it actually made me think twice about my belief.

So let me ask you this, if it is possible for Man kind to clone ourselves, who is to say that our DNA was not picked out of other beings from other planets and brought here as an experiment. An our race today was created by other races throughout the galaxy. Would that not be the creator of Man Kind?

I think it's possible that our race is a type of hybrid and it seems that we don't not fit into the nature of the planet. Because we are destroying it and ourselves.

For instance, you hear about the story's of Reptilians being here first on Earth from all kinds web sites that is posted out there. Is that possible? There were Dinosaurs on this planet a millions years before the human race showed up?

If I was to find out that we are a hybrid and were created by other higher intelligences, I do not think I would look at them as Gods because the good point of view you just made.

I think at one point maybe I was starting to think that way, but if the ET's created humans or helped it along does not make them our creator, they just messed around with our DNA, Reptilians, Nordics, Greys also had to have a creator at some point.

Or are we being fed false information about our race? Maybe we did evolve from other planets and have a lost history of who we really are.

Good thread, I guess I have to think about this one some more before I sound any more foolish than I already do.

Thanks for your perspective UnderCoveted

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
I think at one point maybe I was starting to think that way, but if the ET's created humans or helped it along does not make them our creator, they just messed around with our DNA, Reptilians, Nordics, Greys also had to have a creator at some point.

Even assuming that extra-terrestrials had something to do with the development of man, it doesn't mean someone did the same for them.

I think you acknowledge that evolution is real, right? Living things evolve or disappear. Or are you saying that aliens created all animals and living things on Earth?

If evolution is real, then could it be that these extra-terrestrials - even having had the capacity to 'modify' or create us - are simply more evolved and advanced beings?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I stopped believing in God when I was 13 and after about a year of trying to find a suitable religion, I came across bibleufo.com

For a while I was convinced that was the case, then I followed its link to the (as bibleufo puts it, unrelated) Raëlian Movement. For almost four years I've considered myself a Raëlian. If you're unfamiliar with it, well obviously it's similar to the ideas the OP posted.

In a nutshell, extra-terrestials began creating synthetic lifeforms (as soon hopefully Dr. Venter will be doing) and came to Earth as their planetary laboratory. Their home government was displeased that they had created 'test-tube children' (us humans, made in their image) and made the scientists pose as divine beings. After a series of events (the deluge for one) this wore out, and the ETs realized they were created in the same way. Since then they've taught various prophets their knowledge, adapting guidelines and whatnot to the time period and region of the culture

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Takkybunny

Ah my good sir, you forget that if you can transmit through dimensions what use have you for time?

After all, is it not said that compared to God Humanity has happened in the blink of an eye?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have trouble believing aliens would talk to us. Here on earth we don't really share technology with each other. Why would aliens give us any tech. I would believe maybe if there was a war of two non Terran species (politicly correct) and they wanted more troops and one came up to us and told us the other will kill us and our only hope is to give us weapons. Hey if we humans are so violent aliens species stay away from us we would be bad asses. Black water the planet formerly known as earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderCoveted
Extraterrestrials....Mistaken for Gods, Angels, Demons, etc.

This is fascinating because it could also be the reverse, too. Gods, Angels, Demons, etc. .....Mistaken for Extraterrestrials!

The bottom line is that any entity not from this physical earth is literally an "extraterrestrial". If one believes that Gods, Angels, Demons, etc. are not from this physical earth, they are then "extraterrestrials".
Until we have solid, hard, tangible, physical, concrete evidence to all this, this remains in the realm of "belief systems" of humans. It's basically a religious belief.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wonder about posts like this and the site.--------------------PC

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
I've always thought the same about "God's" being mistaken for what they really were,and when you look at allot of pictures from old art you will always find a person with a very distinct color to them... why would they paint someone green?

I have gone back and forward in my thinking about things like these. I have seen the arguments about the WWI fighters landing in Africa, talking to villagers who had never seen planes before, and then leaving. Once they left, the villagers would create model planes and worship them, thinking that their new gods would return. This example is used as an argument for ancient peoples mistaking aliens for gods, ect. The problem I have with much of the ancient art pictures is that they never actually look like aliens, or UFOs as we know them now, and are supposed to be taken as their interpretations of these aliens or UFOs. The African villagers made models of planes, not birds with humans on their backs or something. If we went back in time and showed someone an ipod, even if they didn't know what it was, why couldn't they actually draw an ipod? I don't think that they would draw an interpretation of an ipod using something common to them. Just some thoughts.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Bible reads like a history of the relations between mankind and the heavens.
One of its first claims is that man was created from the dust of the Earth (read: carbon-based) in the image of god and the angels. If this claim were true it may be safe to assume that this "image of god" would have to be a universally dominant pattern among intelligent lifeforms. This may explain why all of the aliens we know of are bipedal or "human-like". (In one biblical encounter with an angel, a prophet describes the angel as having "an appearance somewhat like that of a man".)

The Bible paints the picture of a "Kingdom in the Heavens" centered around a soveriegn conciousness/creator against which a third of its inhabitants are in "rebellion". This Kingdom and its population existed long before the Earth did. The Bible seems to document a celestial struggle to re-establish this "heavenly kingdom" on the Earth.

Whether one believes the Bible or not, there's no getting around the fact that it deals directly with the issue of alien life and ancient interactions with the populace of Earth.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm always surprised by the number of people who think this is some revolutionary new idea. Like "Chariots of the Gods" hasn't been around for decades. There are quite a few old "Star Trek" episodes that also say exactly the same thing, 40 years ago. Super aliens with great powers being mistaken for gods and worshipped. It was a common theme in 1950's sci-fi pulps.

This is not some fresh, new idea. It's old and stale and rehashed a million times. ugh ugggghhh... I just died of boredom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join