It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez's United South America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

Okay...

What?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

It all boils down to money. Unless Chavez can get China to replace the $$$ flowing in to South america from the Capitalist west he will not succeed in unifying South America

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

Like this?

I'm sure the 60% that goes to the United States would find a happy home in China. Oil is the new gold, I doubt finding a stable importer would be a problem! As it stands now, you're absolutely right. I appreciate you clearing that up, because that's a really good point.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Exactly, though the oil deal will benefit Venezuala first and foremost.
Chavez needs to convince China to invest heavily in the other SA countries as well. The Soviet Union tried and failed but they didnt have the economy that China does. China can pull it iff and that is a scary proposition to think about.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have some heart breaking news...Not everything is a conspiracy.

I already responded to this before, but it seems you're deadset on making this ridiculous argument. I'm not saying this is all a conspiracy, there is obviously a legitimate desire for further integration, but that it is merely a step towards a NWO. Whether this is instigated by someone seeking such an order is something I can't really say, but I can certainly recognize that it helps the movement along more than anything.

Just because it's related to nations conglomerating, doesn't necessarily it's for ONE reason. There is millions of reasons why countries make ties with one another, and some conspiracy of one world government isn't always it. There's more immediate needs of these nations, and I can guarantee you, they're more dire than the worlds sociopolitical structure in 100 years.

You seem to think I'm saying they're all joining together for the same reason, which is ridiculous.

However, I would also like to note these kinds of efforts are almost always conspiratorial in nature. The EU for instance, was initially sold as a common market, but has effectively become a government of Europe, which was what was always intended by those instigating the effort. Right now it seems obvious Chavez and several others are trying to sell Unasur as something other than what it is, though some seem to be more honest than normal. In this sense there is some element of a conspiracy to it.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Khepri

Very well presented!

I won't knock you for this post. Though, I do think you're off base on assuming there's a shady utlerior motive behind these movements, instead of a common interest shared with the countries involved, especially concerning South America. It's pretty obvious they're trying to alienate themselves from the current banking cartel and create some type of economic independence. I don't see a communal union like this as suspicious as the capitalist one our countries are involved in.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Though, I do think you're off base on assuming there's a shady utlerior motive behind these movements, instead of a common interest shared with the countries involved, especially concerning South America.

I think it is partly a common interest, but I also believe some of it has an ulterior motive, though how involved Chavez is I wouldn't know. It is actually quite odd that Chavez would be welcomed in this effort so graciously by countries like Brazil, Peru, and Colombia.

It's pretty obvious they're trying to alienate themselves from the current banking cartel and create some type of economic independence. I don't see a communal union like this as suspicious as the capitalist one our countries are involved in.

While that might be how it's being sold right now I don't think that's all of it. Chavez and others may see it this way, but I don't believe others in the union will see it that way. I certainly doubt it's going to stay that way.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Khepri

Good post.

And that's your opinion. I don't think I'll be able to make you think otherwise. After all the oppression from the "super rich", especially in the elevated severity in South America, I can't see them buying in anytime soon. I'm moving to Argentina early next spring, so let's hope I'm right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join