It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Energy Machine of Joseph Newman

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

SEE THE LATEST VIDEO OF THE 7,500-LB NEWMAN ENERGY MACHINE

with a

450-LB FLYWHEEL + 1,200-LB ROTARY

using only

TINY 9volt ENERGIZER BATTERIES CONNECTED IN SERIES!!!

josephnewman.com...

What do you guys think about this?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A machine that requires electricity to run. So what?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is interesting from a couple of angles.

First with the bad. He's looking for investors but investors want independent experts to evaluate the machine. Investors also want patent protection. A real USA patent, not a patent pending or patent filed for, but paper in hand. This would stop all the skepticism and debunking as it would have been scientifically tested and results published. There are various roadblocks thrown in by Newman for just these two issues with him.

Now for his machine. He's tweaked it over the years as first models did have very inefficient transformer and commutator. He has improved these to a very efficient design. You just see the 9V batteries and he makes the claim that that is all there is. We'll go with that for now. A series of batteries could create a magnetic field and also load a capacitor to start a motor. The flywheel is energy waiting to happen once it gets moving. In theory, I can see enough power applied properly to start this device and then pulse the capacitor to keep it running. Remember, it's running with no load but just idling and I don't care if it weighs 100,000 pounds, look only at the flywheel and rotor.

This is interesting, but not perpetual motion. Even the claims of more power being produced is dubious. The reason for this is this is a machine. It has weight bearing points that are rotating. This provides friction which makes heat. The friction and even this heat is part of the energy equation of this machine. There has to be a way to recover this lost energy from the supply side. The supply side energy input is different from the output side and this is the very basic problem of this machine.

Without third party investigation, the results are inconclusive at best. I don't want to scream fraud. I will say this is interesting and independent researchers need to have a chance to investigate the claims and then make public the results. Posting a video on u-tube is not the proper way to do this.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Without third party investigation, the results are inconclusive at best. I don't want to scream fraud. I will say this is interesting and independent researchers need to have a chance to investigate the claims and then make public the results. Posting a video on u-tube is not the proper way to do this.

Newman has been trying to obtain patents for like 30 years... They won't give it to him for a reason. Many credible scientists have tested his machine and signed documents saying it works, but that won't help him against the resistance he's dealing with. The resistance owns the patent office thus regulates what is, and what isn't getting through.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
ill agree that a large amount of scientists have signed affidavids (sp) stating that machine is authentic and does what newman says..

newman took the US patent office to court after getting responces like "we dont believe in the tooth fairy" for reasons why they wouldnt give him a patent.. .. and at the end of the court session, the patent office demanded a demonstration.. which ended up not working - supposedly because the machine was grounded at the right place to make none of the electricity ever reach the internal components.

Newman was recently on a show for the science channel.. which showcased his effort.. and also noted that he turned down a 200 million dollar deal from some energy company in canada because they couldnt agree to mass produce the technology that would be affordable to the public.

I dont think a sane con man would persue this for over 30 years.
albiet newman is extremely religious.. so if hes wrong he may think hes right anyways.. not that im sayign thats fact.. just a thought.

my only thing is that on the show i mentioned above.. newman never shows waht he has.. jus that it "works" which undermines his intention to "better the world" with the technology.

its like.. after all this you'd think hed jus open it up for the public to see.. not hide it under a trash bag.. or the larger one.. behind steel panels.. makes no sense.

perhaps he wants to "better the world" but only with a monetary gain?

i duno.

-G

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by hinky

Newman has been trying to obtain patents for like 30 years... They won't give it to him for a reason. Many credible scientists have tested his machine and signed documents saying it works, but that won't help him against the resistance he's dealing with. The resistance owns the patent office thus regulates what is, and what isn't getting through.

UHHH

MMMHHH

he says in that video that step up transformer is giving out 0.4 amps at 3000 volts =1200 watts..

which is adequate to turn a heavy disc with low friction bearings....

remember washing machines use a 1000 watts...

also that current meter is pulsing...suggesting alternating current....a sine waveform?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by esecallum]

[edit on 26-10-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

I saw that same episode on the science channel just a couple days ago, wondering if that is what spurred this thread on.

As for general responses to this thread.

He does have many signed affidavits from reputable scientists that the machine works and does create extra energy that can be harnessed.

He does hold foreign patents for his machine, but cannot get a US patent for whatever reason (Evil Empire, etc.).

He was offered 200 million by an energy company for his invention...This in itself shows that it holds some sort of validity.

The part about him not showing the machine to the public...If he does not hold a US patent, and he shows it to the public, chances are the next day GE or some petroleum company will file for and receive a patent for it, making it illegal to reproduce etc. Then they will most likely lock it away in a vault never to be let out.

As for the existence of perpetual motion and "free energy." I'm not sure whether or not these things exist, but I will say that the above points do add validity to his position, and that there are a lot of things about our universe that we are still ignorant of.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warlo
reply to post by GlahES

...The part about him not showing the machine to the public...If he does not hold a US patent, and he shows it to the public, chances are the next day GE or some petroleum company will file for and receive a patent for it, making it illegal to reproduce etc. Then they will most likely lock it away in a vault never to be let out. ...
-Warlo

a good point and I can understand the whole covering it on tv thing.. but its been decades for him.. i'd think he'd have and have had endorsed a website outlining the details.. along with mailing himself documentation with the specifics which usually hold up in court upon some legal dispute. (unopened of course)

he claims he wants the public to have the technology, so he goes to some fair in some fairly unknown town to endorse his machine... but even if his claims are correct.. his actions arent too smart to get the knowledge out to the "public" even the type of "public" on the ATS boards.. the internet community in general really. I duno.. the only explination i can think of is "god" is responcible for his discovery like he claims, and he is a fn moron. At leat for this day and age.

oh and if GE got a patent for it.. you can reproduce it.. just not mass market it.. especially for monetary gain. you could produce 1,000,000 of them and give the mout for free.. but not have a monetary gain.. theoretically.. and if taken to court? so what the technology is already out there.. and u have a USPS dates envelope of the technology patented by GE before GE even applied for the patent...

not having a US patent wouldnt stop me from spreading that technology.. and over decades?... can anyone see what im saying? if money isnt an issue then you must start small.. word of mouth.. and grow.. it'll be slow.. but decades have passed for this fool that takes a huge machine out to small town fairs.. lack of sense.

-G

[edit on 27-10-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
He has given out the details already. Hes just catching the energy spike that is normally discarded.

jnaudin.free.fr...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

Very interesting Terrapop,

Joseph Newman said that he was inspired by God.
Well, if it was “God” who helped him with it, then in my opinion, it was “Gods” purpose to let all the people of the world benefit from it.

So I wish him all the success and help he needed to accomplish this mission.

But I also hope that this time, “God” takes immediate action to prevent what happened by many other inventors before him who also has had breakthrough machines or apparatus.

Believe it or not, but in my opinion is this the reality.

Technologically, the hurdles to achieve what is called over-unity energy generation by accessing the teeming energy in the space around us are not insurmountable. Numerous inventors have done so for decades. What has been insurmountable are the barriers created through the collusion of vast financial, industrial, oil and rogue governmental interests.

Our review of now-obscure technological breakthroughs show that these inventions have been suppressed or seized by the following broad categories of actions:

Source; www.aero2012.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I am a sound mind. I am a very intelligent guy. Not bad to look at either..

But if there's one thing I could give up everything for, it would be to understand free energy. I think it is the single most interesting subject in the entire world. To be totally honest, I don't really understand what Mr. Newman is saying, but oh, god, I wish I did.

Can anybody put what he's talking about, or what his machine is doing in laymen's terms?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am finding this more interesting the more I read about this guy. I totally disregard his private life but look at only his work. The guy can be a nut job, but if the work is brilliant, it's still done by a nut job but the results are what really count. I am a skeptic about "free" energy and have seem many of the scams and machines. They are usually very easy to explain why the device doesn't work as stated or just a plain fraud.

What he has developed isn't a perpetual motion machine for a couple of reasons, but what he developed appears to be a very efficient motor. It has an external power supply, even if it is batteries by the hundreds in some cases. This device will stop once the batteries are unhooked or drained of power.

His mumble jumbo of how it works is just that mumble jumbo. He doesn't change any basic laws of mechanics or physics because he doesn't understand them. It doesn't work that way. However, I would like to see some schematics on his device. I do find it very interesting.

For his patent battle, he ran into a comedy of problems starting with filing the patent using buzz words he knew would throw the system into a frenzy. Then the patent official was not a person with a technical background, but he could read and saw the buzz words that automatically deny a patent. Then it became a pis**ng contest between Newman and the Patent office, bad feelings became even more apparent when Newman tried to get some Congressmen involved. The fight continues to this day.

Something is basically flawed with Newman. Either his personality or his machine. I did not see the TV show and I do not know anything about offers to buy his machine. But amounts mentioned are serious money and here lays the problem. Either he is a fraud and his machine doesn't work and he knows this OR he considers this device his baby that only he can "own". Sadly, after he dies, will his work really be exposed for what it is, unless he destroys everything.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I dont think i can add anything to this other than "yeah! what hinky said!"

"Can anybody put what he's talking about, or what his machine is doing in laymen's terms?"

he uses a few nince volt batteries.. say 10, and the output of his machine is not 80 volts.. or even 90.. but over 900.

Basically.he is getting more power out of the machine than usual machines, given a certian power input. More than what is put into the machine.

its like kicking a rock with your foot and it hitting the back of your head once its gone around the earth. Current science says the rock situation and the machine situation are about as likely to occur, generally speaking.

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Free energy in a closed system is impossible. Period. End of story.

If you think otherwise, then I advise you to take a physics class. Once you begin to understand how the universe works, you will begin to realize that Newman, Klein and their likes are con artists and charlatans.

Matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
con men.. sure sure..

but impossible? sounds more like religion to me.

its impossible because today's physics says so!

todays physics.. sure...

ill be retardedly blunt.. ill hope you can follow

id say my head cant fit up my ass because its impossible for it to get there in the first place..

someone kills me.. breaks my spine or decapitates me.. then moves forward in positioning my head up my ass..

obviously i can concieve of this..and i can concieve of physics being wrong.. not that it IS wrong.. i mean.. as of yet noone has killed me and positioned my head in an uncomfertable, im sure, place.. but that doesnt meat it wont happen. however unlikely (less unlikely after this post, im sure)

i know thats very abstract and im sorry but thats the first and strangest way i thought of to get my point across..

i probably didnt tho. bleh.

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don’t worry about it.

Here’s one for you:

You can’t pour 6 gallons out of a 3-gallon bucket.

You can get 3 gallons out of it, but to get another 3 out you first have put in another 3.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i dont see the how thats relevent..

with any machine well known today.. ther is NO Free Energy..

ok..

they are saying the 3 gallon bucket isnt a 3 gallon bucket..

or

they are saying that if you use a different kind of bucket.. the amount of gallons isnt an issue..

like saying "if you use a car.. you cant fly" and they are saying "im not using a car.."
and you say.. "You MUST use a car!"

so maybe you shoudln't worry about it..
and maybe stop making condescending comments like saying i shouldnt worry about it.

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GlahES
he uses a few nince volt batteries.. say 10, and the output of his machine is not 80 volts.. or even 90.. but over 900.

Basically.he is getting more power out of the machine than usual machines, given a certian power input. More than what is put into the machine.

Voltage doesn't equate to a power gain though. Consider a taser gun which runs on relatively low voltage batteries but produces an output of 20kV or more but the actual power out is less than the power in expressed in watts. It's simple transformation with charge pumps, capacitor storage and delivering the output in pulses to deliver the output voltage in pulses (capacitor discharge ignition system is a good example).

Not that *apparent* overunity isn't a possibility but the standard law of conservation of energy still applies. Accessing and converting some kind of background energy is how it can be done and a good example would be hydro-electric generation which is basically solar powered (fuel created and delivered by natural forces), wind generation is another good one. The drawback with such schemes is usually that the cost of establishing the storage/conversion facility is far greater than that of a conventional thermal scheme for the same energy output.

Tesla's theories of collecting electrical energy directly from the 'aether' may have possibilities as yet to be worked out but in the end there really isn't any 'free' energy.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
nicely stated pilgrum.. and i agree

hoever moron-genius newman shows that witha few nine volt batteries.. he can turn a fan weighing many hundreds of pounds. indefinately..

my point is he needs to prove it to the non-doctoral layman such as i.. im not a mathmetician.. but i know that what newman presents to the public is inadequate.. and couple that with his "resolve" to "better the world" its like saying i know how to have world peace.. and i want world peace more than anything.. but i wont tell you how to get it.. either he's a conn man or he is in it for massive monetary gain..

id say a conn man if he actually turned down 200 million..

delusional maybe.. i dont know.

-G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

How is “don’t worry about it” condescending?

I’ll make it perfectly clear by avoiding the analogies now.

Free energy in a closed system is impossible. Period. End of story. Anybody demonstrating free energy is demonstrating an open-loop system and damned well better have a testable explanation for the source of the energy.

You can’t get energy out of nowhere. It has to come from somewhere.

And your car analogy doesn’t fit at all. What they’re doing is like dropping the car and telling you it’s flying.

hoever moron-genius newman shows that witha few nine volt batteries.. he can turn a fan weighing many hundreds of pounds. indefinately..

No, not indefinitely.

Well, at least your appraisal of his character is reasonable given the knowns and unknowns. I appreciate that you have some scepticism towards him and his claims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join