It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young BF in PA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I ran across this on the BFRO today. A guy has a couple of pics of what may be a young BF from a trail cam. It doesn't look like a bear to me. Chimp? Young BF? What do you guys think?

External link below

Young BF?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Nice find!
Definitely not a bear. Looks alot like an adult Orangutang. But what would one of those being doing out in the woods of NW PA!? I wish it included a better shot of the face/head. Once again, hopes fade into reality... we'll probably never know what this is.

cj6

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's a chimp, or something along those lines!

How can anyone mistake these photos for a young Bigfoot?!?!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Have a summer place in North East PA in the Poconos region. A lot of Coyote's this year. More than i have ever seen before. Could be a coyote? Although with the arch in the back it looks more feline to me.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If the clock in the bottom right of each picture indicates the correct time the picture was taking, only 30 minutes passed from the bear and the other creature. Seems a little odd that someone will get that lucky with motion sensor camera in such a short span.

It is a interesting picture, would like to see a good close up of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I like Loren Colemans idea that it is truely a mange black bear as is alot more common then most think.

A picture of a mange black bear on Loren's Crypto site...

Just have seen a many of mange black bears in north Florida over the years while hunting and the like.

Thanks much,
Vance

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good find on the mangy bear pic.. there is a resembalnce to be sure.

Given the 30min time frame between pics that may be all it is. Another bear (a mangy one). With my own trail cam I've seen a short timeframe elapse between pics of "like" animals. Like a pic of a doe and a few mins later a pic of another deer. Given that these were bear cubs in the first pic there is a good chance mom would have been close by. Maybe mom had the mange?

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Frogs99]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
it does bare a resemblance to the mangey bear. Hard to tell really, however black bear are in abundance in PA, I see more of them then I do deer. Back on the bigfoot note, I spoke with someone via email about a possible bigfoot sighting up near the shickshinney game lands in NEPA. Thats really not too far from here. So this weekend I am going to go and try to find the gamelands up that way and do some small game hunting. Armed with muh shotgun and a camera. I'll document anything that looks out of the normal. If anyone of you live up this way and wanna do some hunting up near that area lemme know, always looking for a few more people!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It is definitely a black bear and the very same one that is in the first pic. Odds are it was startled or is jumping right as the pic snaps. I have seen young bears look this way before.

As for mange, I don't know that it would be the case.

Nothing strange here.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

I dunno jbondo, we'll say that they are bear. The only thing I am really going to call into question would be those timestamps. I find it extremely odd that one bear didn't move at all from that one spot for 30 minutes. I am not arguing with you on what it is, however the stamps seem the oddest to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great pictures! But I still dont know if I believe in Big Foot.. Ya what is that other black thing in the picture? is that a bear chillin with BF?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefighter119
I dunno jbondo, we'll say that they are bear. The only thing I am really going to call into question would be those timestamps. I find it extremely odd that one bear didn't move at all from that one spot for 30 minutes. I am not arguing with you on what it is, however the stamps seem the oddest to me.

Mom is resting or feeding on something and the kids get preoccupied with an acorn or a pinecone. Could also possibly be a bear trail or the same bears could have been backtracking. Anything is possible I guess but it just looks like a bear to me. As I have seen many bears and cubs in the wild as I'm sure you have.

The problem is that the average person envisions a bear as having a big pot belly and always just trudging along. When in reality they can be quite thin and when they stretch out their legs will look very long. I have seen them do what i liken to a cat arch before and that's what is happening in pic 2.

Think about it, what's the likelihood that a hominid would even be in such an awkward position?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

Check the first pic with the bear cubs. You see a feeder-type thing with a cone and a black bottom. In the first pic its up-right. Somewhere along the way it looks to have been turned on its side. That's the black lump in the foreground of pics 2 and 3 I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Oh, no, I didnt disagree with you at all. I just found it odd the one in the lower portion didnt move much. If at all. Do a side by side comparison. You'll see what I mean.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Firefighter119]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'd have to say that it is a black bear with mange, too much of a coincidence regarding the time stamps. Very interesting though. There must be images other than the two posted on the bfro website, so if they post those in the coming days/weeks, this should be resolved.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I had started a thread about this, but mine got closed.
I had searched before I posted, but didn't find anything.

I made some enlarged images of Jacob's Creature and also an animated GIF that has both images.

Jacob's Creature Pic 1
Jacob's Creature Pic 2
Jacob's Creature Animated GIF Image

I added the bear to the GIF in order to better compare them.
Jacob's Creature GIF + Bear

I made the GIF to help visualize the way the creature was walking. I'm not sure which leg is further back in the first picture. I can see it either way. I would appreciate any comments anyone else may have about this.

It looks like there is a light colored spot that may be an ear in the first picture.

In the second picture where the figure is bent over it doesn't seem that the bend is in the right place. Instead of bending at the hip it seems to bend above the hip bone in the spine. That's not how a bear would look from behind. Bears like dogs have a natural bend at the hip.

I also find the arm positions to be unusual in the second picture. It looks like the arms are quite long and are placed far forward of where it's lowered it's head to smell the ground. That's hardly a natural position for a bear to sniff the ground in.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by LazyGuy]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
In the second picture where the figure is bent over it doesn't seem that the bend is in the right place. Instead of bending at the hip it seems to bend above the hip bone in the spine. That's not how a bear would look from behind. Bears like dogs have a natural bend at the hip.

I also find the arm positions to be unusual in the second picture. It looks like the arms are quite long and are placed far forward of where it's lowered it's head to smell the ground. That's hardly a natural position for a bear to sniff the ground in.

I disagree, young bears can in fact bend in such a way. I have first hand experience. Furthermore, fully elongated, a bears "leg" can be quite long.

Who says the bear is sniffing the ground?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To me, it looks like a bear with mange.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by West Coast]

[edit on 25-10-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My friends have lots of those cams here in Florida and we have not caught anything like that yet. I had a big foot encounter down here two years ago and it was very scary.

Two years ago I had a run in with something in the woods down here in Florida. It walked like a man but had a much longer step, I could hear it and feel it in the ground. I herd it coming through the woods, It made the Turkeys go nuts and it was coming straight to me. I was walking on a trail that was in a swampy area hunting deer and hogs, It was pretty thick and I couldn't see far witch had me worried to say the least only armed with a bolt action scoped rifle. This was something huge and as my mind is freaking because I have never ever heard anything like this in the woods after hunting all my life. I was blinded by allot of brush in its direction and I was Cammied up real good so I was just standing still watching in fear ready to shoot as fast as I could then I heard it step into the water probably ten yards in front of me off the my left a little. I looked and looked trying not to move much and I could not see it but it was getting dark. It must have seen me because it didn't move from that point. Realizing that I was in a bad situation with it getting dark I decided to move slowly down the trail and get back to the main road. As I walked out back wards I could here it following me off to my flank so when I hit the main road I went into a jog back to the truck to tell my brother what had happened. It took a while however he finally realized I wasn't joking. I have been hunting since then and never seen or heard anything like that however I have not returned to that area and you wont catch me in the woods when its dark, Not alone anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Who says the bear is sniffing the ground?

BFRO Jacob's Creature Webpage

In the third image the ape-like animal appears to be smelling the ground near where the deer attractant mix had been scattered.

I'm guessing that that dark patch on the ground in the first picture is where the Deer attractant had been poured. The small Bear is very close to that spot too. It's nose is pointing directly at it. Maybe the Bear is sniffing the Deer attractant as well, but it's doing it in an entirely different way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join