It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRA link to border death denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

IRA link to border death denied

news.bbc.co.uk

Sinn Fein MP Conor Murphy has said he does not believe there was any republican involvement in the death of a man in County Monaghan.

The family of Cullyhanna man Paul Quinn, 21, said their son was abducted and beaten by the IRA because he refused to leave the country.

Mr Quinn was found at farm buildings at Tullycoora near Oram just after 1800 BST on Saturday. He died later.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is very serious.

Both the United Kingdom and the United States have taken the IRA off the list of terrorist organisation after their path to peace.

Very serious if the IRA is behind this, after the organisation has issued statements insisting they no longer engages in criminal or terrorist activities.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
After giving years of my army service to that joyous place that is Crossmaglen, i have to say.....why does this story not suprise me in the slightest?

I try not to look on the negative side of things if i can, but anyone who thought that we would'nt hear of another IRA linked death again was very naive i'm afraid to say.

Lets just hope this is not as the story indicates, and is also a rare event.

CX.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This one made the BBC news, big deal? The IRA are still active in Northern Ireland, only now they have no cloud of political “freedom fighter” status in order to sell their drugs, do their bank robberies or thieve from the people they claim to be fighting for.

This is not a serious story, as it will be brushed under the carpet in the name of progress and the will of it going undisturbed.

CX

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

This is very serious.

Both the United Kingdom and the United States have taken the IRA off the list of terrorist organisation after their path to peace.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how long a terrorist organisation is kept on the terror group list for after they have dispanded and declared peace?

If al quaida......whoever they may be
.....decided to give up violence tomorrow, would we see them stricken from the list fairly soon? I doubt it.

I did'nt relalise that after so many years of atrocities in N.I, that certain terrorist groups would be given the all clear? Oh yeah, sorry, it's not the PIRA anymore is it......it's the CIRA.

In respect for this sites rules on sarcasm, i'll cut this post short now.

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

In respect for this sites rules on sarcasm, i'll cut this post short now.

CX.

I know how you feel...

The IRA army council is still active, so how can they be peaceful?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Murdered man in IRA-linked fights

A man savagely beaten to death had been involved in two fights with people linked to high-ranking republicans, a former Sinn Fein member has said.

Jim McAllister said the family of Paul Quinn, from Cullyhanna, believed the IRA had abducted and murdered him.

Mr Quinn, 21, was found at farm buildings at Tullycoora near Oram in County Monaghan on Saturday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

DUP are threatening to end the Northern Ireland executive if the IRA is involved. Could be back to square one (again)

However, more developments in another area...

'Dissident threat' to SF members

Sinn Fein has said five party councillors have been warned by the police that their lives are under threat from dissident republicans.

The party's Alex Maskey said the councillors, one from Glengormley and four from north Belfast, were visited by police on Sunday night.

Mr Maskey described the threats as "totally unacceptable".

news.bbc.co.uk...

For those who are unaware, dissident republicans are the RIRA and the CIRA who refuse to support the good friday agreement.

top topics

join