It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Military Leader Threatens to Respond to Enemy Attack With Instant Rocket Barrage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
no they are not suicidal i think those missiles will do alot of damage to your lovely army which will face a humiliating defeat i hate war but if it happens my support will be with the iranians i think the americans have caused enough trouble

their armies
we should be worried that brown doesnt send any of our people to another Hell hole

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

true but i dont think he will hes not like blair and look we our already pullin troops out. segragation from america and it shows brown doesnt want to be attached with bush

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Don't you love it, when the armchair warriors and generals in this boards do all the planning for the war of Iran against the US and the destruction and vaporization of Iran.

Is just like watching Fox.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yes sadly. It is enough to make one weep.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by pavil

have a couple of Nukes in major US cities
(buy them from the black market or what ever)

if the Iranians are bombed the living daylight out of
return the favor to the cowboys

i mean with the size of the US and its boarder it wouldn't be that much to get a couple in and it would only be fair.

win win for everyone
or is that a lose lose for everyone

edit: spell check

[edit on 21-10-2007 by bodrul]

Just maybe they can get one into England too so we can all enjoy the fun...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by R.A.Biddog

Well put. Missles aren't the most accurate even with todays technologies but rockets without any guidance system at all - that's just mass civillian casualties.

I know the war with Iran is not needed but hey I ain't callin' the shots on top of the hierarchy. It will happen.... and nothing will stop it. It's probably a controlled or made up media release - FEAR - is the aimpoint and I'm sure it will strike through the soul of most of us Christians (whom are always right without a shadow of a doubt that no other religion could be right or could possibly contain elements of truth).

It will begin next year.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Just maybe they can get one into England too so we can all enjoy the fun...

hopefully, Brown wont be a prick and follow you cowboys in and attack another country

edit: unless of course your saying England is the one nuking Iran

(funny enough the majority of people calling for iranians to be attacked on ATS are americans)

[edit on 22-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Damnit... lost my post due to a timeout 'n don't have time to re-type the whole damned thing.

Short form:
Iran's missiles being small and short range means they are mobile and hard to locate/destroy via air bombardment.

The comment was likely made not because Iran believes they can destroy the US army (or even cause strategically significant damage), but rather to point out that this will not be as bloodless for the US as Iraq was. We're not talking a few dozen scuds to be picked off via anti-missile systems, we're talking about focused and coordinated mass rocket attacks, something the US has never faced.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor

no they are not suicidal i think those missiles will do alot of damage to your lovely army which will face a humiliating defeat i hate war but if it happens my support will be with the iranians i think the americans have caused enough trouble

If the war starts, i think u should go into your local pub and tell everyone who ur supporting.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yes, how DARE he threaten to respond to a attack! Its outrageous!

I think the use of the word "threatens" in this topic is hilarious. You should work for Fox News if you arent already...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

(funny enough the majority of people calling for iranians to be attacked on ATS are americans)

[edit on 22-10-2007 by bodrul]

Well first the one screaming for an attack is Iran themselves. They are the only ones who keep bolstering the war option. The only thing that would cause a major war is if they attack Israel in some kind of major campaign, but other than that there is no war period. It is stupid to think otherwise even though Iran in many ways wishes it would happen.

Just like the 11,000 rockets they said awhile back that they are very close to having a nuke, and so what did America do? Did we invade them? No we just said at their current production it will be eight years before that can happen, but Iran feels the need to continue to egg on America, but as I said it will not happen. Talk is cheap over there, so let them talk all they want…who cares…

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
The comment was likely made not because Iran believes they can destroy the US army (or even cause strategically significant damage), but rather to point out that this will not be as bloodless for the US as Iraq was. We're not talking a few dozen scuds to be picked off via anti-missile systems, we're talking about focused and coordinated mass rocket attacks, something the US has never faced.
[edit on 22-10-2007 by BitRaiser]

Well lets look at it...

A rocket that has no guidance system is not an issue militarily for it is a physiological weapon made only to kill civilians, and any rocket that has a guidance system is very vulnerable with today’s technology. Let’s say something happens that leads them to make good on their threat. Israel most likely has the best program in the world to get their population into bomb bunkers, and so they will have losses, but nowhere near what people would think.

Launching these rockets at US Base would be like trying to play darts at 50 feet and hitting a bulls eye. For the ones that have guidance systems it would be a one shot at best for many would be destroyed before they launched and as soon as the radar is turned on a missile is in bound from a vast number of ways.

So a large number of rockets are launched at a base. Between the jamming, Phoenix system, patriots etc. a few might get through that would not be a big militarily advantage. A one shot attack of 11,000 will only doom Iran with not even a small dent in the US military capabilities.

The reason I say doom is because if they did launch 11,000 rockets there is not a country in the world (mainly Russia and China) that would lift a finger to help them after that.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I love how the title seems to imply that those madcap Iranians are threatening to destroy the world.

If one nation is attacking yours, how is it a "threat" to say you will respond?
Self-defense is not a threat its simple logic. Even if our leaders don't outright say they will defend our country if attacked surely its something we would naturally expect.

That's like a kid about to get punched in the eye by a much older bully and saying he's going to hit you back if it happens and the crowd around them gets outraged at his audacity to mention self-defense.

What should Iran do? Say, "If we are attacked by Israel and the US we will not only stand-down during the bombing but actually help them pick even better targets to make the military action as successful as possible."

FOX News...lol

This article is useless if not just simply propaganda.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

People their for most part are not suicidal but the leader is..a by product of insanity.. Half targets he means are US ships none of which are where he "knew" they were yesterday. Other target in nearby Iraq/Isreal their may be some threat to

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Does it matter at all in this discussion that Iran is supposedly supplying combatants in the Iraq war now? Cause, I mean, in my book, that is called aggression. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to get Nuked. I really really don't, but as far as I can see, they have it coming.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Does it matter at all in this discussion that Iran is supposedly supplying combatants in the Iraq war now? Cause, I mean, in my book, that is called aggression. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to get Nuked. I really really don't, but as far as I can see, they have it coming.

The problem is all they need to do is say those troops, weapons, bombs were not officially sanctioned by the Iranian government, and even if they did say that they were we would not go to war over it. We might start small surgical strikes on military assets, but that would be the max extent. Iran would need to openly attack the US or other country for an all out war, but they will not do that.

I also do not think "they have it coming" as a way to punish them with massive civilian losses. A much more effective way would be to sanction the crap out of them and the population feels the pain of it while understanding it is their government causing it all.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

may i ask how the US would "sanction the crap out of them"?
China and russia (ring a bell)

i wont talk about the strikes and so on, we just go around in circles on that

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

have a couple of Nukes in major US cities
(buy them from the black market or what ever)

if the Iranians are bombed the living daylight out of
return the favor to the cowboys

i mean with the size of the US and its boarder it wouldn't be that much to get a couple in and it would only be fair.

win win for everyone
or is that a lose lose for everyone

edit: spell check

[edit on 21-10-2007 by bodrul]

i think you got the 2 events right but the order wrong.

nuke in US (false flag)
destroy iran.

any takers?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

i think you got the 2 events right but the order wrong.

nuke in US (false flag)
destroy iran.

any takers?

Looks like you already made your own conclusion.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some of you are claiming that Iran needs advanced C3 to launch a counter strike with missiles. Those missile and rocket crews probably have their targets and when the first US bomb hits the target, nearest tactical weapons are launched, causing a ripple effect across the missile force. Creating a wave of missiles. And US cannot hit 11000 targets in a single wave, id say 3000-4000 is the maximum.

And i assume that 11000 is not counting Anti-ship missiles that do have the capability of inflicting serious damage to any shipping at gulf at the time.

Iran will be destroyed, but how many lives can the US population stomach? USA isn't known for their ability to actually handle casualities...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join