It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin tells Washington: Russia will not accept military action against Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

I personally can't speculate as to Russias military regional reach and logistical strength as that is very much NOT my forte haha.

What is ironic is the fact that behind the political convenience of Moscow and Tehrans relationship lays a very ugly past particularly fresh in the Iranians eyes. The Soviets heavily funded and sided with Sadam in the Iran-Iraq conflict. A conflict that established the current Iranian regime and subsequently cost the lives of over 600,000 Iranians many of whom belonged to the "Basiji", the civilian wing of the current regime there. They surely wouldn't have forgotten this. Also, lets not forget that Ayatollah Khomeini the leader of the Islamic Revolution also famously dubbed the Soviets as bad as the US.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I can't believe how many of you fail to take this seriously..

Oh Russia would never ever........WHY NOT.

You seem to forget the cold war???

War is what humans do,it's in our blood..Americans have grown to comfortable and war here seems impossible..

Wake up people,go read

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Im glad Russia and China will back Iran...

Back them with what? Strong words and a pat on the back? Much like they and a few European countries did to Iraq. You can forget about direct, military, financial or material support, there will be plenty of political grandstanding however. People read way too much into public relations comments which change on a daily bases and are meant for ignorant consumption. War with Russia and China? Maybe if this was wonderland... In the end, if the US deems it necessary to attack Iran we will not ask for "permission" and some counties will kick and scream, others will go quietly into the night, in other words sideline, next…

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am beginning to think that China is reacting to the USAs behaviour in the middle east by tainting exports with poisons...It could be them giving a subtle warning "We can damage your economy if we want to."
The only other countries who have been experiencing dodgy chinese imports that I have noticed in the media are Australia and the UK..go figure.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

'Hurt our economy'? Do you know the damage these cases have done to the Chinese export market and economy? With foreign investors threatening to pull out unless conditions and other factors are improved in China. Not to mention the public relations image and the tighter regulations and inspects of Chinese goods by foreign agencies. If anyone is getting the short end of the stick here is China itself. Why do you think they responded so quickly not only with a public relations campaign but also swift justice? Capital punishment for several party members who have profited from the corruption that resulted in this. Or the forceful war Chin has been waging on illegal and dangerous goods privately manufactured and sold for cheep domestically and aboard. China wants to improve its image and increase foreign investment; you don't do either by intentionally selling harmful products and letting manufacturing piracy go unpunished. No offense but please do more research before posting a comment next time.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Westpoint: no offence taken

I know China depends upon the trade from the west,but I still think they are unhappy about what the allies are up to in the middle east,and may in the future at least use economic warfare to get their own way on the political stage.
Maybe I went too far to say they I was beginning to think the toxic imports were intentional,but I would not rule anything out in the future-as if China's growth continues at the present rate they will soon be the biggest power on earth.
Then they could cause serious problems if they so desired.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

intresting i hope not i dont want any allies with america on this one thay need to defend them selfs like iraq did and afghanistan dont u rekon?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join