It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The smell of cordite was prevalent everywhere that day...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
According to Pasquale Di Lillo...

The smell of cordite was prevalent everywhere that day and explosions increased in force as the morning progressed.

Writing in a letter to the Editor of the Pocono Record dated 5th October 2007, Di Lillo, who worked on the 58th floor of WTC 1 for law firm Brown and Wood, also claims that...

The WTC did not fall because of the planes, rather it was all the explosives that were placed in the buildings.

I Googled Di Lillo and came up pretty much blank. Anyone have any more information on this guy and his claims?

I'd imagine, given the opportunity, he'd have a pretty interesting story to tell.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I was there the day it happend, but not in the building. I was outside the building that morning. I have a thread concerning my thoughts about the buildings being wired. I do not believe it was the intent of the government to blow them up for the sake of an attack, but a response to the attack.

here is my link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am sorry, I can not say that I too smelled any chordite. However, I had already left the scene before the buildings came down. When the first body hit the ground less than 100 feet away...I could no longer stay. The sound of that body hitting the concrete will never leave me. I saw the body on the way down, BUT did not watch the impact....Thank God for that, I still hear the sound, don;t need to relive that sight.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

I heard of one witness at the Pentagon that has stated this. This is the first time I have heard this from survivors of the WTC. However, there is a report from survivors that state that 70 % of them smell Jet Fuel (Kerosene)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

I do not believe it was the intent of the government to blow them up for the sake of an attack, but a response to the attack.

I did read your thread with interest. I have suggested something similar myself in the past, but perhaps coming from a slightly different angle.

I wondered whether this would be used as a damage limitation exercise just in case evidence ever did start to emerge that the towers were rigged in some way. If it did, the government could 'admit' to having had the buildings secretly rigged as a response to the 1993 bombing. They might then go on to argue that the explosives were accidentally detonated by the damage/fires, which is why the buildings collapsed 'unexpectedly'.

I would still contend that, if evidence of explosives were ever discovered, then it must have been for the purpose of bringing down the towers on 9/11. I'm just saying that, because of the 1993 attack, they have an opportunity to muddy the waters.

Let's not forget, by the way, that the 1993 attack didn't exactly come as a surprise to the FBI.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coughymachine

I've never heard of any witnesses at the WTCs saying they smelled cordite.I've heard video and read text from people at the Pentagon stating cordite was a predominate odour.
I read the story you posted from the link provided and despite what some say, I would agree that it's a plausible scenario.

President Bush, VP Cheney and Rumsfeld would have looked good in the world's eyes if they simply said "It was a very hard call to make, but the needs of the many out weighed the needs of the few."
Something to that effect.People would have understood, people could have closure and other governments could accept such a decision.

Either way you look at it, they covered their behinds.It wasn't foolproof since evidence was left behind, but it was covered up enough to cause doubt,hence the 'conspiracy theory'.
Good post!

top topics

join