It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love This Time of Year...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
October/November...Fall. Great time.

The leaves and the trees look nice and colorful. The air smells great and fresh. Nice breezes.

All the hot and humid air from Summer is gone...

Holidays aren't too far away.

Monsterfest on AMC!

Baseball Playoffs, Football season.

It's a good time.

Only bad thing is the change was really quick, 3 days ago it was nearly 90 degrees and now it's down to 55 in no time and I'm cold as a mother fu-

...Eskimo

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I agree ... it was 24 degrees a couple of days ago...today 3 degrees in my part of Ontario Canada..and freakin snow...yes..it was snowing earlier today.Not enough to stay but geez.
Actually, I like the leaves changing...but not the change in me. Iam completely solar powered.This time of year..I slow down, get depressed...some days non functional, all till April. I have seasonal affective disorder, and winters are brutal for me.
On the upside...I love Halloween, and all the CANDY!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I love this time of year, The fresh brisk air, the cool mornings,

All the wrapping up warm, and ohhh hot chocs and loveley warm baths after a cold rainy day,

Perfect !

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hello? Anyone else like Fall?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I like it, the smell of the fireplaces burning all the summer stuff that broke, like Chinese sandals, knock off sunglasses that are all scratched up, sunscreen that makes you all blotchy, the smell of rotting vegetables in the garden that never got harvested, the squeal of varmints fighting over rotten vegetables in the garden. gas prices going up prior to the coming holiday season, crawling up on the roof to drain the swamp cooler, burning off your eyebrows lighting the furnace, ah yes, Autumn the season of renewal and the beginning of the wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas season where everyone stays hammered for a long time.

Seasons Greeting everyone!! I love you!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Man I love the fall. What you talkin about? We just went through our very first corn maze. It slowly grew dark while we were in the middle of it. I highly recomend it if there is one near you anywhere.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
*yawns* *stretch*

Ah, yes. Fall. Not the best season (that'd be Winter), but it's almost there! Which is just as good.

The cooler weather.
The leaves turning.
The ducks in them V's they sure love.
The fall concert tours starting up.

Gotta love it.

Nothing's better than sitting in a coffee house on a nice brisk day with a book, and a cup of tea (or latte, depending on my mood).

You mentioned Monsterfest. Dunno if it's up your alley or not, but Horrorest (8 Films to Die For) is in the first 2 weeks of November. A bunch of theatres will be showing them. They're "supposedly" too graphic for general audiences.

[edit on 10-14-2007 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I've heard of those films. They play them in the theater around here.

Never seen it though. Yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Autumn. My FAVORITE time of year! When the air is so crisp that you can hear the distant call of a crow miles away. When 'that smell' that only comes in autumn is in the air. When the crisp leaves which were flourishing on trees just weeks before become a playground for little kids to jump in. Oh and big kids like me too!
Ever run through a cornfield this time of year? Pumpkins adorn homes, and ghouls and goblins become our friendly neighbors. When yelling 'BOO!' is almost expected.
The heat has gone away, and wearing a sweatshirt suddenly becomes an option.
Apple cider, ginger snap cookies, and candy apples are a staple of our diets. Pulling out the crock pot and making a yummy stew which fills the house with a delectable aroma all day long.

Enjoies, you nailed it my friend. This in my opinion is absolutely the best time of year.

top topics

join