It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro first to suspect JFK conspiracy? Released NSA docs suggest yes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just found this article about some info the NSA released on the JFK assassination. Here's a few excerpts:

"This is bad news," Fidel Castro said in serious tones. He repeated himself: "This is bad news." The date was November 22, 1963, and Castro had just heard that one of his staunchest enemies had been gunned down in the streets of Dallas, Texas. John F. Kennedy was dead, and the Cuban leader was extremely worried.

Meanwhile, a European intelligence agent cabled home this message from Havana: "Although it was only the third time I had witnessed a speech by Fidel, I got the impression that on this occasion he was frightened, if not terrified." According to the agent, whose message was monitored in secret by the NSA, Castro was concerned that the assassination might "provide the excuse which up to now was lacking to justify internationally an invasion of Cuba."

www.parascope.com...

Now the question is, was he right? Was it a conspiracy to allow the US to have international support to invade Cuba, and if so, why didn't we?

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by junglejake]

[Edited on 1-23-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Fidel knew that meant he was about to become a scapegoat and possibly get an asswhoopen!!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah, that's pretty much summarized in the article. The crazy part is that he seemed to know what was coming, and when Oswald turned out to be a pro-Cuba supporter, it just confirmed it in his mind. But what do you think? Was that why JFK was killed, and if so, why didn't we invade?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I actually do not think that is why JFK was killed. I think it had more to do with pulling out of Vietnam. The military industro complex had big balls and alot of swag back then. Throw in support of Johnson and the contracts for big bucks kept rolling. Cuba was always small fry. The missles scared US pretty good, almost an invasion over that. But Kennedy settled it with a mexican stand off.

top topics

join