It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham Hancock Interview - ATS MIX Show 52

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The Amigos, through their contacts, have put Johnny and I in contact with the person responsible for granting and setting up interviews with Graham Hancock.

www.grahamhancock.com...

Since this interview could take place rather soon, although Johnny and I have developed our own interview courses that each of us want to go, as a MEMBER of ATS.... WHAT would YOU ASK?

Post your questions here and we will ask a few of the BEST ONES including your ATS NAME.

If you GOOGLE Graham, you will find tons of information about his books, his philosophies and his life. Google "GRAHAM HANCOCK".

This is going to be a very exciting interview.

Dave

[edit on 1/3/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
How about:

Why do you tend to portray yourself as an investigative journalist, historian, and archaeologist while you actually only have a degree in sociology?

or

Why do your investigative novels always seem like filler and justification for your presupposed theories?

or

Please describe the events surrounding BBC2's Horizon program that you were involved in.

Sorry for the tone, I just dont like or respect the guy.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Reality Hurts

You might find this interesting then.....

www.grahamhancock.com...

Dave

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll read that at some point, but at this particular moment, I'm still steamed that I've wasted as much money as I have on his books. You know, I keep giving the guy a shot, to be fair, and its the same crap over and over again.

Do me a favor, ask him if he'll refund my money for "Fingerprints of the Gods". I think I got it for $9.99 on sale at Border's.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In many of his books, he starts with something tangible and then postulates 3 or more steps w/ loosely related suppositions. What remains to support his claims is a loose conglomeration of wild and baseless theories that bear little resemblance to anything factual.

So heres another question for him:

Starting with fact based theories and postulating further, how far can you go before the line of reasoning becomes baseless? Does venturing too far to support your own preconceived notions result in intellectual dishonesty? And if so, at what point does that happen?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Kewl beans, Dave... this interview should be lots of fun.

Since his last book, Supernatural, was heavily influenced by the findings of South African anthropologist David Lewis-Williams (The Mind in the Cave) studies regarding the connection between neurology and primitive art found in caves such as Lascaux or the symbolic designs/figures of the San peoples, etc., my question would be;

----------------------------------
Since it is apparent much of what we consider to be the seeds of the best attributes of civilization (society, medicine, knowledge, etc.) can be traced back to the earliest shamanic experiences (as amply illustrated by both yourself and Lewis-Williams), do you intend to study the traditions of the North American First Nations people as a future project (ie the Algonkian tribes)?

Selwyn Dewdney's most famous study of the spiritual practices, traditions and migration legends which survive both orally and inscribed on birchbark scrolls and exist in native communities and museums throughout northeastern America and Canada, provide tantalizing hints which dovetail neatly with both 'Supernatural' and 'The Mind in the Cave'.

The Sacred Scrolls of the Southern Ojibway University of Toronto Press 1975 [ISBN 0-8020-3321-0 LC 73-90150]

---------------------------------

grammar edit

[edit on 2/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would ask (Pertaining to "The Sign and the Seal") How could you get so close and then just walk away?
One of the greatest finds, arguably, in archaeological history and you just give up at the end!? How can you travel 99.9% of the journey and then say: "Ahh, that's far enough"?
Didn't you have the passion enough at that point to say: "I will find the Ark no matter what the cost"?
Bitter disappointment in Axum.
P.S. Still read the books though, they are a fun diversion.

[edit on 2-10-2007 by passenger]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My question would be:

Does he still keep up with all of the new findings on Mars? And if so what are his thoughts about liquid water being found on an image taken with the NASA's Mars Global Surveyor. Does he think there could be life on Mars at present?

Link to NASA's press release

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts

Do me a favor, ask him if he'll refund my money for "Fingerprints of the Gods". I think I got it for $9.99 on sale at Border's.

I absolutely love Fingerprints of the Gods.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Paypal me $9.99 and my copy is all yours.

EDIT-

General Blanket Disclaimer to no one in particular-

To be completely politically correct, I must add that I am in no way looking to advertise or sell any product here in ATS. Please consider the above a joke, if you are to thick to have gotten it already :p

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
this would be a great interview, anyway, i have read most his latest book "Supernatural" and its a great read, i agree with most of the stuff he say's but theres one point in his theory that i disagree with. And this is that idea that the aliens or ET's that people see or have seen in abductions etc are actually hallucinations of the supernatural world rather than phyisical beings in this world. Now i understand his point about the hallucinogens taking us to other worlds etc and i think he makes great points in trying to prove it, its just when he say's that all the abductions, and ET sightings etc are taps into the supernatural world, that's were i disagree, so my question:

You present great similarities about ET encounters and the Supernatural state obtained by consuming hallucinogens but i believe their's is a lot more differences than similarities. For ex. Unlike people who take hallucinogens UFO abductees never tell of entering a supernatural world, they speak of being abducted in streets, cars or homes. No UFO abductee claims to have healing abilities after their encounters, as do shamans. They both speak of pain, but shamans repeat the experience where as abductees feel frightened and scared to ever do it again. Shamans don't end up with implants, abductees do. Betty and Barney Hill, did they both enter the supernatural state at exactly the same time which also means they were both part of the 2% of the population with that ability? Sometimes masses of people see UFO's do they all enter the hallucinatory state at the same time? And I have never heard abductees report seeing jaguars or snakes which are some of the most distinct visions of the supernatural state. How do you explain these differences?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I must admit, I'm a big fan of Graham Hancock. I concur, to a certain extent, with the views of many who dislike him but in my view, his work is about ideas, theories and postulations, using some discoveries, facts and mythology to justify the possibility of those ideas. He speaks with confidence about the plasuability of his ideas, but never pretends to be anything more than someone with bold ideas.

I have lots of questions. As a matter of fact, I planned to write to Graham, so I'll try and bring some of those questions to this thread:

Have you ever been tempted to undertake a more detailed study of the part that the ancient British Isles played in the preserving of forgotten knowledge, or the possible relationship they might have had with a lost civilisation? The Lia Fáil (Stone of Destiny) that lies at the hills of Tara in Ireland, for example, is clearly comparable with the omphalos you detail in Heaven's Mirror.

Your books deal with the possiblity of cyclical civilisations divided by great cataclysms. You have also profiled the Mayan Calendar and it's end in 2012. At the risk of addressing some kind of hysteria, I've often wondered whether you yourself are fearful, or even simply prepared in some way for what may happen, or whether you even believe in the 2012 prediction at all?

I will probably have further contributions once I've had time to word my other curiosities.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by Cythraul]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I dont want to ask anything. I just want to say I think he is a brave man who has continued to tell the truth as he sees it despite being threatened and hated by the people who are still stuck in the illusion.

Thank you Graham.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
i attended the 'private screening' of the hawass sphinx video in london many years ago.

there is a facinating story surrounding this video that im sure many members would like to hear all about in more detail than i can provide. could mr hancock tell the members how this story came about and why the screening was deemed 'private'.

(and thank him for his time)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Graham Hancock ?!?! Go the 3 Amigos ! Ive admired his work for a long time, i dont have a question, more as a request for those great two ATS Mixs hosts, Johnny and Dave, can you ask him to explain things in a way that every one can understand them, some times i get lost.

So to wrap it up.

Can Johnny and Dave please ask Graham to make his statments and answers in a way that every one can understand.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Please ask him if additional information has come out since Underworld. Also i wonder if he has any thoughts on the present global warming debate in light of what he says happened 12,000 years ago. Third, not quite a question, but he seems not to be able to focus. Instead, he flits around from one thing to another without quite finishing anything. That's nice if you are able to do it on a personal level, I suppose, but it tends to leave his readers hanging with no closure. I thought we'd get some more information on ancient civilizations, but he seems to have digressed into this supernatural druggish stuff. I don't even want to bother with that and will not read it. He's losing me. Is he losing his 'fan base?'

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
if you are to thick to have gotten it already :p

[edit on 2-10-2007 by Reality Hurts]

Too thick. toooooo thick. as in:

if you are too thick to have gotten it already

Here is a user friendly tool to help you differentiate between these homophones: To, two and too

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I haven't read his new book, but I love The Sign and the Seal. I challenge anyone to find a more informative book about the Ark of the Covenant. I don't have to agree with his theories to appreciate his book.

I haven't thought of a question yet, I just wanted to post to say that I am so looking forward to listening to this interview! Someone above posted some very good questions.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Is he beginning to subscribe to the idea that the fruit from the tree of life was a psychadelic/psychotropic mushroom?

What's his stance on monoatomic white gold theories?

Has he ever been to the Osirieon in Abydos, Egypt and if so, what were his impressions and any additional thoughts on the subject? Same question for Naqada, Egypt.

How do the Chinese and far eastern cultures fit into the ancient past? We hear a great deal about middle and near eastern and even south american ancient cultures, but very little about the ancient histories of the Far East.

Does he believe or have any evidence that would suggest there was ever an oriental pharaoh in Egypt?

Has he personally witnessed the White Pyramid of China and what were his initial impressions?

[edit on 3-10-2007 by undo]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Reading Underworld now. Enjoyed Fingerprints.

When looking back into mankind's history. Stone was the basic building block. Huge stones, some are larger than what can be easily moved with modern equipment. An advanced civilizations with this building engineering should have something more than ropes, block and tackle, and levers, IMHO.

Manageable rope size, or rope from that date, does not have the tensile strength or failure strength to manage these stones, even when multiple ropes are used. Wooden logs used as rollers or bearings would have just crumbled or turned to pulp under the weight of some of these stones that were transported miles, in some cases.

The problem lays with a lack discovered facts that there really isn't anything showing an advanced civilization beyond stone age. Advancing a theory doesn't prove a theory.

What is modern man or modern engineering practices missing in the movement and placement of multi-ton stones using a "primitive" practice of manpower?

Forget the laser and flying saucer crap with alien technology. Keep it on planet Earth only.

Very challenging and thought provoking work, send my best regards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join