It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did jesus travelled to india????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Over the centuries, the claim has repeatedly been made that Jesus Christ not only walked the earth but also spent his early and post-crucifixion years in a variety of places, including Egypt, India, Great Britain, Japan and America. Indeed, traditions maintain that Jesus, the great godman of the West, lived, learned, loved and died in such places. Popular modern literature also purports that Jesus sired children, who then became the ancestors of various royal families of Europe, including France and/or elsewhere, depending on the author.

MODERATOR EDIT -- PLEASE DO NOT PASTE THE ENTIRE TEXT OF WEBSITES INTO ATS.[/B]
www.truthbeknown.com...

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't know about him being in India but, here's an old thread about him being in Japan.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Aside from old legends and hearsay, what do we truly *have* to support this theory?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm just curious, but where did you get Jesus travelling to all of these places? One, it would help support what you claim, but two, I'd like to read about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
as far as the Christian scriptures read. no he did not

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It's possible, but not extremely likely.

At Jesus' time, the Romans had recently gained control of the Red Sea coast and Egypt, and they knew there was good stuff out there. Within 100 years of Jesus' death, a Greek had produced a work explaining sea trade throughout the Indian ocean.

So it is possible that Jesus, being a political rabble rouser with the ambition of being the next Simon Maccabaeus, might have gone looking for someone to play the role that the Roman Republic had played for the Maccabees by recognizing Judea.

However, it's doubtful that Jesus would have looked in the direction of the former Selucid empire. Egypt was closer, new to Roman control, and important.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
As the universe is a wonderfully mysterious place, I don't claim to know anything for sure, but here is a web-site which may help you to answer your question:

www.sacred-texts.com...

Today, folklorists have discovered a set of world-wide themes relating a story of a culture-hero who has a miraculous birth and tragic death... This does not lessen the impact, however, on traditional believers in these narratives as the absolute truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
There was a great article in Fortean Times on this subject a few years ago.

It just so happens to be in their website archive:

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'd like to think so, but even the 'Son of God' would find it hard to travel from the Middle East, to Britain to China/India and then to the Americas back then with no navigation skills or technology.

There could be like a New Testament spin-off or something, 'The Adventures of Jesus'.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There are a few fringe scholars who have devoted much time and energy to prove that Jesus traveled to India. Suzanne Olsson claims that while in India Jesus was known as Yuz Asaf

Olsson's research indicates that Yuz Asaf means "son of Joseph", and that "Iosaphat" is also a translation of "Buddha". Olsson has pointed out that Yusufzai is the name of a tribe in Afghanistan who still maintain ancient Israelite customs (However, there are absolutely no empirical basis for this assertion). To them the word means "child or children of Joseph."

en.wikipedia.org...

Supporting this view is The Bhavishya Maha Purana

The king asked the holy man who he was. The other replied: 'I am called a son of God, born of a virgin, minister of the non-believers, relentless in search of the truth.' The king then asked him: 'What is your religion?' The other replied, 'O great king, I come from a foreign country, where there is no longer truth and where evil knows no bounds. In the land of the non-believers, I appeared as the Messiah. But the demon Ihamasi of the barbarians (dasyu) manifested herself in a terrible form; I was delivered unto her in the manner of the non-believers and ended in Ihamasi's realm

www.tombofjesus.com...

If you're interested a lot of information can be found here...
www.tombofjesus.com...

Though I wouldn't rely too heavily upon the information there. It's fairly clear the primary purpose of hte page is to draw tourists.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No. He did not.

There's no proof the man ever exsisted at the time he's supposed to have lived. If you look back at prior religions you'll notice a striking similarity to other deities and idols that predate Jesus by centuries.

In fact, he wasn't even written about until 40 years after his death and resurrection.

John Lennon's statement about the Beetles being "bigger than Jesus" must have been correct. The Beetles phenomenon swept the globe and was well documented. Jesus didn't raise much acclaim until centuries after his supposed death.

Here is a well researched movie that presents these ideas in a decent fashion:
Zeitgeist

[edit on 3-10-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Zeitgeist is a collection of coincidences and ancient historical myths beings built atop one another from civilization to civilization.

They resemble Jesus in manner only because they all knew it was prophecized that the savior of mankind would come in the way Jesus did, doing the things Jesus did. In short, fulfilling prophecies.

In my opinion Zeitgeist is for the gullible. Sure, if you're naive, after watching an hour of that crap you'll think that Jesus never existed, and that it was all a symbolic story about sunrises and sunsets in relation to astronomical constellations of stars.

In the end, you can't answer the main question, which is why? why go through such insane efforts to make up this guy == who even Jews and Muslims acknowledge lived and existed == JUST to tell the same darn story about the same fake, mythological beings?

Jesus was a real man. His name was Yeshua. He was a normal man, like you and I. Any power that he seemingly wielded when performing miracles was directly given to him by the Father in the form of what is called the Holy Spirit. Jesus was not God incarnate, and Jesus died in Jerusalem around 4 B.C. from Crucifixion for teaching against the Temple and leading people in opposition of it, while also making outlandish claims (to the Jews).

If Jesus never existed, he would've never had disciples. If this were so, Peter would be fictitious, yet theres a square at the Vatican named after him where he was Crucified upside down. Each Pope is successor to Peter supposedly. I guess the entire Catholic Church has the entire thing wrong, and not only does Jesus not exist, but none of his disciples did either despite plenty of evidence, and Peter was made up, meaning everything Catholic in Rome was made up and a bunch of hog wash. Suuure..

[edit on 10/8/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you do a search on "Jesus visits India" you will get a few sites that talk about a few guys who researched this event back in the day. I heard about this idea from a google video I watched.

video.google.com...

You have to let it load up since the part that talks about Jesus visiting India is in the later half of the video. I have to warn you that the beginning of this movie deals with lots of stuff that doesn't deal with this exact topic, so you have to wait until the Jesus part comes up around the 1:36:00 mark. It will be worth your time.

I have no doubt that he went to India as a child and learned how to control his powers and use them for good. I am not religious at all, but this movie explains things that make sense to me. It ties in many aspects of history that most of you know about but might not put together.

top topics

join