It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fifth of November?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by JustMike

Awww, I feel bad now, yes I was at the right place, right time and it wasn't a difficult one to solve.

If SO is game,

I would gladly share the 50K with all who are in here trying to solve the puzzles.

If it is possible just divide them up and spread the wealth

This is all about the crowd is it not?

Please don't feel bad...I'm really sorry for some stuff I said so now I've edited my previous post. Sure, 50k points is a nice bonus, but it wasn't really the points so much, just missing an opportunity, is all. I won't say more on it because I'll just start bitching again.

Thank you for your offer of sharing points...My own feeling is that I'd rather you hang on to all the points you can get...Hey, you earned them!! You've been working on this for ages! :B

But as for "right time and place", that's one of the paradoxes of the www. We can communicate with each other, all round the world, but because of time differences we are still limited in how much and how often we can communicate in real time.

Back to the real matter at hand, perhaps Bill (SO) was telling us that the mystery message is simply an anagram, albeit an incredibly tough one to crack... Perhaps on the other hand he was telling us that we need to find a key word or two and the rest will drop into place.

Moving on to AccessDenied's comment about getting applause, for saying "we are the donkeys"...I think I get it... Remember I said that perhaps "Donkey" is "keymaster"? Crakeur never responded to my post but he never said I was wrong, either. So hey, if we are the donkeys, then it could mean that we hold the key to solving the mystery message. We, all of us, together.

It seems to make sense...to me, anyway.

I have some other stuff to post that might help but first I need to review what posts I got applause for so I can pass on anything that we can use...

Mike

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Okay, as it might help to identify some clues, here's info about two posts for which I got applause here. I haven't yet figured out how you all post (in blue) links to individual posts in a thread so I hope you can find them okay.

Springer gave me an "applause" for my first post at the top of page 42.

The second applause (from Springer again) was about 3 hours later, for something I put in another post on page 42. It's time-logged at 2.06 pm. I quoted his own statement

Originally posted by Springer
...the 5th of November has nothing to do with financial end (stocks, shares, selling or buying or anything related to these) of the business.

and responded to it.

It's often the case that we can't see the deeper import of things we say ourselves, so I hope someone can suggest what was in those posts that Springer thought worthy of support. (Sorry, Springer...Maybe I should just be able to say "Eureka!" Please forgive my mental torpitude.)

Mike

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Random thought-

This may not have anything to do with anything, but I'm noticing some of the ATS Mix threads are getting repeatedly bumped to the top of the list. The one about the Discovery Channel show with Springer is getting cycled pretty regularly-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now that may be just to make sure it gets maximum exposure, Dave Rabbit may be inadvertently clanging his coffee cup on the >BUMP< button, or maybe there's a significant clue in there somewhere.

I think the whole ATS Mix thing is the direction we're headed. Integrating media well beyond the original forum into the Above Network family.

Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. Not trying to generate further obfuscation, but whenever I've gotten involved in these puzzle thingies, that seems to be the outcome. Just warning everyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Integrating media well beyond the original forum into the Above Network family.

How you can come up with this stellar comment and this one:

Chicken pants!!?!?!?? Are those some sort of take on goat leggings? Never mind. Forget I asked. Don't consider this a request to post a photo of yourself wearing them.

I don't want to start an Ineternationaql Incident.

is a mystery to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
...the diagram is an enigma and i cant decide on what ground is it made for. it explains conformity, merging, unity, a collective, data sharing. Did nyone think of the colors. they are kind of peculiar. two shades of green face opposite polar sides. there maybe a pattern here. do colors symbolize anything. like 7 deadly sins have their own colors.

You could have a point there about the colours. I have no idea what they might mean yet but here's a little something that Crakeur said:

posted on 8-10-2007 @ 04:06 PM

...Now, Blue, Magenta, Salt, Pepper and Paprika, go figure out what that clue is.

Like I said, I don't know what this means but it's apparently a clue.

Mike

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Speaking of ATS Mix, didn't they say in one of the first few episodes that they would be giving clues to some games or events on ATS? I vaguely remember them saying that. I guess it's back to the archives to see if I can dig anything up.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Really? How you of all people could possibly be mystified at someone going from cogent rationality to dadaist absurdity for their own amusement is a mystery to me.

My brotha from anotha motha.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Really? How you of all people could possibly be mystified at someone going from cogent rationality to dadaist absurdity for their own amusement is a mystery to me.

It was a compliment

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
It was a compliment

Which is exactly how I took it.

As was my comment.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

This may not have anything to do with anything, but I'm noticing some of the ATS Mix threads are getting repeatedly bumped to the top of the list. The one about the Discovery Channel show with Springer is getting cycled pretty regularly-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How many people saw the show? Anyone think it's possible he gave out some sort of hidden clue during it?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Yes, didn't you catch them...

He was using the ATS Gang signals, giving hints about Nov 5th, I can't believe they were missed...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Springer did his interview way before the revolution had a date. no clues in the interview.

Well, that's what he said if you follow the morse code he was blinking out during the interview.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a clue being in the thread about the show, although there could be something in the show that would lead to unscrambling/deciphering the message. I don't think there would be anything in the show that consciously relates to the message, but maybe something that would point to ....

You know what? I talked myself out of it. Scrapping that concept.

Now I think the best "lead" might be in the way the most recent scrambled message about the venue was solved.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow..the MODS are back here in full throttle.My my. I hope you left the carrots and marshmallows behind, because AD is out for a night in the BIG APPLE.
Now guys, I believe the real key to this revolution is collaboration.
IMAGINE it that way.Power to the people.
Jack, congrats on the points.
Mike, keep plugging away at it, don't give up.I'm on it too.
Yeahright, I'm wearing my tightest pants in the hopes it will make me think better...

Stephen....no comments on that last remark please.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I was just trying to think outside the box..........

I do think there is something with the ATSMix shows being bumped, perhaps the threads are the clue? I'm not trying to derail anyone, sometimes I dive too deep when the answers are right in front of me.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I been giving this podcast some thought. What struck me as odd, and got me thinking was when he was asked to define what a False Flag was. He used the example of the start of WW1.

First let me explain my thought process. If you say the word Mole, you get many definitions. A beautician says it is a blemish on the skin. A gardener says it is a pesky digger in the garden, and a guy that reads spy novels says it is a plant on the inside of an organization.

Now notice how someone defines the word, tells about the current thought process of their mind. If the definition chosen is outside of presumed context then it gives a method to look into someones current mindset or train of thought.

Skeptic Overlord did not mention any of the many commonly referred to false flags in history, Reistag, Gulf of Tonkin, Sinking of the Maine. etc.. Being an owner of ATS it would seem they would be first.

Instead he mentioned an event that led to WW1. Note that this is odd to me because anyone that browses the 9/11 conspiracies rarely hears this example. But this example was what he went to.

The biggest lesson in this historical example is secret treaties lead to terrible results. In the history of this event, the secret alliances around the world triggered off the war. And even though the assassination was used by government to blame another country, I have not heard of any indications in the history books, that the government that was actually attacked, had been the ones that actually planed it, or knew about it and let it happen. One of the key definitions of a false flag.

OK I agree a couple beers can cloud thought, so maybe he just picked wrong, but I am using this to see into his thought process, what is on his mind regarding the world, and ATS specifically. Violence from the order of the hand, leading to secret alliances triggering a terrible war? Thoughts of the historical lessons of secret alliances? Why this example?
Interesting...

Interesting choice of an example, but possibly nothing but a simple choice of words.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Yeahright, I'm wearing my tightest pants in the hopes it will make me think better...

Well that's doing absolutely nothing for my focused concentration on the puzzle. But... um... yeah.

If tight pants help the thought process, that Funky dude's closing in on Stephen Hawking.

Ivy League Chicken Pants.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I saw where SO said this wasn't web 2.0,

Could it be the semantic web devised by Tim Berners-Lee?

semantic web

The semantic web is an evolving extension of the World Wide Web in which web content can be expressed not only in natural language, but also in a format that can be read and used by software agents, thus permitting them to find, share and integrate information more easily.[1] It derives from W3C director Sir Tim Berners-Lee's vision of the Web as a universal medium for data, information, and knowledge exchange.

sorry if this was already mentioned.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
evolution digital global fifth NYC revolution dynamite essence conscience content imagine ATS

So far these are the words I have for the anagram. Some of them, such as dynamite and imagine can't work together in the puzzle. Just not enough letters. Also, ATS and NYC can't both be there as there is only one three letter word.

…I'll post anything new that I come up with as it presents itself…Come on guys and gals, we can do this.
[edit on 17-10-2007 by GAOTU789]

Thank you for the input!!

Checking back through my own scribbles (on real paper!!), here’s some of my choices:
virtual, entity, digital, dynamite, revolution, above, top, secret, ATS, exclusive, media, ethics, multi, platform, EVERYONE, trust, belief, share, exchange, reason/ing, cooperation, interaction, conditions

Already, we have some bases for concurrence and that is most kewl! Now we need more input from other members' scribbles to see if we can find some words that have a greater commonality...meaning several of us gotthe same ones...

However, whether various combinations of these words may be in the message or not depends upon how the message has been constructed. We have several different possibilities for this message and that is half the problem of trying to solve it.

Possibility 1 is that it’s a straight anagram, with (a) all the words in the answer of the same length as those in the anagrammed message and in the same order (and probably reversed), or (b) with words of different lengths and/or in different order, and/or with either complete, partial, or no reversal.

In this scenario I’d go for (a), because of the syntax -- both overall and connected to the placement of punctuation. If it’s (b) then we have a massively more complex problem than we have with (a) -- one which could actually be beyond solving with the time and resources we have available.

Possibility 2 is that the jumble of letters may have been developed from a cipher and (a) once the key is found and the letters de-ciphered to their true form, the answer will be fairly easy to discern (with perhaps only individual words as anagrams), or (b) the de-ciphered letters will still leave us with an anagram that may require some effort to unscramble.

Possibility 3 is all the other stuff that has kept me awake a few nights: multi-level (key) ciphers a la Nazi Germany’s “Enigma” (historically one of the most important ciphers of modern times to be broken), or a (kind of) “one-time” method that is based upon a relevant text that SO has posted on ATS and which would match in word length/order with the “mystery” text and provide the key, or otherwise…a few other cryptological nasties I’ve learned of and which I won't say too much about here...Things based upon prime number alpha-numerical sequences and non-base-ten number sequences, for example...

Ewwww...

I’m kind of hoping that Bill is not that "cruel"…

Overall, I’m torn between 1 (a) and 2 (a); I’d vastly prefer 1 (a) if we had a certain couple of key words, but I would be quite happy with the latter option if we can deduce the cipher’s zatraceny key.

("zatraceny" is a Czech word and not very polite...but it's not too bad..
)

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
...OK I agree a couple beers can cloud thought, so maybe he just picked wrong, but I am using this to see into his thought process, what is on his mind regarding the world, and ATS specifically. Violence from the order of the hand, leading to secret alliances triggering a terrible war? Thoughts of the historical lessons of secret alliances? Why this example?
Interesting...

Interesting choice of an example, but possibly nothing but a simple choice of words.

I agree that a couple of beers can cloud thought wonderfully well...
I also agree that studying idiosyncracies can allow a person to see into another's thought processes and give a clue to solving an enigma they have created.

Ummm... Actually I think I wrote that before some days back
I'm finding it hard to remember..."Dollnean ngcniualcy" is rolling round and round in my head...I am seeing dollnean ngncniualcies in my dreams and they are not a pretty sight!

Seems to me that the very images we have been given (both "whatisit" and the "fist" image) offer some insight into Bill's line of thinking. I've already given my opinion somewhere back in this thread that the "fist" possibly conceals an image of Che Guevara -- a person who is acknowledged as historically representative of "revolution". The other image of the "spheres", though clean-looking and "modern", is based on symbolism as well. So perhaps there is a direct correlation between these two images that we need to consider.

I still am curious about the choice of font for the "dollnean" (etc) mystery text. It has that Tolkienesque-Elvish look to it, and I don't suppose it was presented that way just for aesthetic reasons. The font doesn’t seem to be one in my normal load of “Windows” stuff… Has anyone found out what it is, exactly?

Edited to fix typos and inject some humor. (Maybe.)

[edit on 18-10-2007 by JustMike]

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join