It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two stealth-bomber shaped aircraft just vanished into thin air!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi Pj,

Sorry my bad!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
On_yur_6 say's,

I cannot find the link right now but I also read that it was being tested with a display on the bottom of the aircraft that relayed the image from the sky above to make it appear invisible from the ground

Great Find! Could they use that technique on helicopters? There's been many times I've been standing out in this desert and hear helicopters. It sounded like they were directly above me, BUT I CAN NOT SEE THEM! I've have also seen many things in these skies... that just seem to disappear.
One time the military decided to do a Red Flag Exercise and didn't tell us citizens living in the area. It started around 9:00 p.m. PST. All of a sudden we were bombarded with low flying jets, helicopters, and those huge hueys. Needless to say, it was *a little nerve wracking*.

Finally we were told TWO DAYS LATER!

Can those reflective sky images on the bottom of the craft be turned on and off at will?

[edit on 9/25/2007 by MountainStar]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to an earlier post. Sound "cloaking" or masking has been around for quite awhile also. I know it has been applied to helicopters but I'm not sure about fixed wing jets. Just blast the frquency 180 out of phase that the aircraft is producing and it should cancel most noise.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I saw something almost similiar to what you report, although what I saw "dissappear" was not too far from WPAFB and in 1984.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Silly question

If a plane material is made exclusively of mirrors, wouldn't it go invisible in the sky?
Perhaps that plane switched to a reflective surface while in flight

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
If a plane material is made exclusively of mirrors, wouldn't it go invisible in the sky?

Nope. You would see the bottom of the aircraft, which is facing the ground. And if it's facing the ground it's reflecting the ground to you for the most part. And if you see a piece of the ground flying through the sky at a couple hundred knots with an aircraft-like silhouette, you tell me what you think it is

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Silly question

Perhaps that plane switched to a reflective surface while in flight

I think if it were physically possible you'd have more luck with glass. Aside from the mirrored surface glinting so much it'd reflect that ground. Glass would probably look like a strange distortion but unless light reflected off small areas of it it'd probably be quite transparent.

Of course I'm just guessing this is totally theoretical and I can't imagine anyone making an aircraft out of glass that would be capable of operating at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Most likely it would be made out of huge LCD screens affixed to the bottom of the aircraft. The video cameras would be on the top of the aircraft aiming straight up. Therefore what you see on the screens looks exactly like the sky above the aircraft.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've been wondering about this. Do you think its possible, that the technology that is being bandied about, with regards to the tanks being made invisible by using camera's, could be used on aircraft also? I just got done reading the thread about the MoD guys making the tanks invisible (i'll link to it below). If it works on the ground, could it work in the air. Admittedly, the heat sig and sound may still be present, but is it not feasable to think that the camo tech is already on some aircraft. After all, when asked, people seem to think that tech that is released today, had been in the making for a lot of years, so whats currently in the works, is anyones guess.
I hope this makes sense!! It was just a thought i had.

Inivisible Tanks

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think I found what the Culprit craft was, a B-1 Bomber (Lancer). I was unaware these existed? Hmm...

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

You didn't know B-1's existed?

I'm shocked, nothing against you, B-1's are one of my favorite so I'm just shocked someone didn't know they existed.

But yeah, the mirror idea isn't bad, at least not at altitude and with it facing up. It's extremely difficult to spot a small airplane above 5 thousand feet 2-3 miles away with a few clouds and if it's painted white. I'm just saying, at a certain point you can't tell.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey PJ.. I lived in LA for 9 years and have seen some pretty weird # over LA. Things I couldn't identify and I grew up on an AF Base (consider myself an expert). You don't sound like the typical off-his-meds whacko having a hallucination, either. You write well and I believe you. I also notice that you are a graphic artist - can you give us an approximate rendering?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think what you saw was a stealth bomber however was it cloudy? Because if it was clear then maybe the light penetrated the material and showed the plane but when the planes went under the clouds the wasn't enough light to show it. Thats my theory but i'm just tossing them about.
The other one is that the material is activated so when you saw them they were just about to activate the material.
Lucky guy we never get to see any stuff like that in christchurch, New zealand

Cool post

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Semoro]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is not fiction but the truth. I witnessed in Virginia Beach, VA. back around 1991/1992 a helecopter over broad bay suddenly appeared at like around 0200 or 0300 hours. I freaked out could'nt beleive what I had witnessed??? It started with flashing blue lights kinda like heat lighting and got worse. Then a large electrical charge with lighting bolts appeared from a center point directly over broad bay...then I herd a quite slicing-sound kinda like a propeller cutting through the air absent the engine noise???. that went on for a few seconds. Then all of a sudden a helecopter appeared kinda like a philadelphia experiment teleport and then the lighting bolts and flashing lights went away and the helecopter started making noise like a normal one would it made a u-turn in the air headed in a south direction then went Northwest? After this I came to my own conclusion that the US Government has indeed perfected the philadelphia experiment into full throtle/swing topsecret operation....

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
... ok, how can you be sure the sound you heard came from the object you saw? ...

Do you realize how ignorant this question is? If human beings, or indeed any animal that relies on hearing, were unable to determine direction and speed of things making sounds, we would have died out LONG ago (to predators, if nothing else).

What happens when you hear a loud or unexpected sound? You immediately turn towards that sound. EVEN INFANTS WILL DO THIS.

You can judge how high a plane is, by how far behind the plane the sound seems to be coming from. On a quiet day, you can hear jets up at cruising altitudes, and the sound seems to come from an area 3-6 inches behind the plane (from an observers perspective)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
PJslug,

I've seen weird things in the sky over LA too!!! A few weeks ago I was driving on the 170. right where it goes south from the 5 heading towards the 134 when I swear I saw a black triangle. I never mentioned it before because I was stuck in traffic and it was going right over the free way. very high up, but traveling very slowly (seemingly). I thought I was just imagining things and that everybody else had to have seen it too.

I've also seen the moving zigzag star phenomena when I lived in toluca lake. it was at night time so you know it would have been impossible to have seen a satellite.

I'm living in valley village, just moved there from sherman oaks. where abouts in the SF valley are you?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Perhaps this is relevant? If it is out in the general media, imagine where they really are with this?

Source
INVISIBILITY devices, long the realm of science fiction and fantasy, have moved closer after scientists engineered a material that can bend visible light around objects.

The breakthrough could lead to systems for rendering anything from people to large objects, such as tanks and ships, invisible to the eye – although this is still years off.

Several years off is probably code for "we have had this for years".

[edit on 8/18/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

I've seen weird things in the sky over LA too!!!

I attended a college and university in that area in the early 70's. I saw lots of weird things in the sky; mostly after drinking the Electric Koolaid at parties.

Sorry, I'm in a strange mood today

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sorry to necro an old post.

I thought I saw something similar today.

I work at the London Bridge Hospital, and as i was climbing up the 4th to 5th floor of the stairwell (there are 6 floors) I saw a black low flying object fly towards us.

The background was a partially blue sky, bright sunshine and low lying clouds.

It looked like the front of the distinctive triangular cockpit of a F117A craft. I thought , cool! As far as I can tell, they do not have any authorised flights in UK, much less over london bridge.

I track the object for a good 1-2 seconds.

And looking out the next window over the Thames.
Nothing....

No distortion in the air.
No shadows cast over the bridge with pedestrians below.
No flying objects anywhere in the nearby sky.
The nearest clouds were a good 2-3 miles away.
No sound of an airplane whatsoever....

So, it has me gazumped. Indeed it has....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join