It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway checkpoint asks drivers for blood, saliva

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Highway checkpoint asks drivers for blood, saliva

www.nworeport.com

Motorists in Colorado are expressing outrage over a weekend stunt in Gilpin County, about an hour's drive west of Denver, where highway checkpoints were set up so a private organization could ask for samples of blood and saliva.

"I don't think they're authorized to do what they're doing, and I view it as a gross violation of law-enforcement protocol," Roberto Sequeira, 51, told reporters for the Denver Post.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is an outrage!

www.nworeport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sourcing something other than "nworeport" would be a uhm... good idea...

www.denverpost.com...

That's pretty out of line for the county to be assisting in this "survey."

I wouldn't be as bothered if the institute set up survey points at rest stops or gas stations, with permission, and did not have LEO presence. As well as every effort made to show people they are the equivalent of the person with a clipboard who tries to stop you at the shopping mall.

If they want to do this type of survey I don't care. But their leading people to believe it is a law enforcement action is quite unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
sickening. truly.

I wonder if any of the results of the survey might be getting shared with the police after the fact. you know, like 'john doe, lic plate xxxxxxxx' was found to have xxxx drug in his system.

now, anyone with a much better grasp of the law than I tell me if this would constitute giving up your rights against search & seizure since you essentially volunteered it?

new topics

top topics

join