It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Stephen Colbert: I'm On To You!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You! Yes, you! Colbert! The one with his own humorous and vaguely news-like show on Comedy Central. I'm talking to you. Yes, you, buddy!

I'm on to you, man. I caught you.

You are a member of ATS. I don't know which one, but I know you are either a member incognito, or you regularly read the boards as a guest.

I know this. I don't just believe it. I know it.

How do I know this, you ask? Because on last night's broadcast you said something that was almost word for word something I'd read on the boards myself yesterday. I wish I could remember exactly what it was, or whose post it was, but I can't, because I've been busy doing my job as the voice of reason and reading all sorts of crazy stuff over on ATS all day long and it went out of my head, buried under a pile of chemtrails, Shadow People, microwave torture, cities on the moon, and absurd fears of evolution.

Not only that, but you have a quote in my sig! Dude, if you aren't on the boards, what are you doing in my signature? Oh, wait. I put that there because it was the funniest thing you've ever said.

But that doesn't mean you aren't on the boards, Colbert. I'm watching you.

And I know you're watching us.

(BTW, love your show, man.
)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
haha nice find MM

that would be neat if it was true and he posts something

maybe he just repeated something from an article that was also on ATS and ATS is the only place you read it so maybe it just triggered in your brain that it was exclusively from ATS

i kinda typed that without stopping to think, but do you understand me?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I get you. And I'm probably just doing some wishful thinking of my own. But when he said whatever it was, my ears perked up. And since I felt the need for a rant THIS evening, it seemed good fare.

But I'm still watching you, Colbert!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
any speculations on which ATS member is Colbert?

perhaps he is a moderator

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
he can't be a mod. They work too hard (so I'm told).

Maybe some of his writers are members or come here for quotes.

I'll be watching the Colbert Report very closely from now on.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
maybe if you catch the re-run of the episode you'll be ready for it and can get the exact quote

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No doubt Colbert visits ATS. I probably don't feel as positive about it as you do but the guy is tuned into what is going on online. I've always felt Colbert was "one of us."

How about this? Stephen if you are reading this work "Major Malfunction" into Thursday's Colbert Report. Just two words that would easily fit onto the show's script that only we would "get."

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh, Umbrax ... I think I love you.

That would be hilarious.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well, I don't know if he would ever venture into BTS, many ATSers don't.
We do have our comics section though. Stephen Colbert possesses Captain America's shield, so who knows.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

But what does the Colbert quote in your siggy mean, it doesn't make any sense to me. What is he talking about?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
heh, this is perhaps the most far-fetched theory i've heard on here yet.

then again i don't frequent the UFO boards.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What is so far fetched about a media person seeking out sources for his ideas?
There are a lot of clever, funny, and smart people 'round these parts.

We are a goldmine of interesting thoughts.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, spacedoubt. I've seen some brilliant AND hilarious stuff on this site.

reply to post by fweshcawfee

He was talking to a Catholic priest about something or other. My memory is really getting bad, it was just two days ago, and I can't remember exactly what was said -- what are the early symptoms of Alzheimer's again?

But he did a debunking one-liner, and the priest turned it around, and then Colbert said the line in my sig. It was freaking hilarious.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I still don't get it, guess you had to be there.

Colbert is one of the best composed TV personalities I know of, if not 'the' best. He never seems to lose his composure or skip a beat, ever... even in uncomfortable situations like with Bill O.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lucky for you, fwesh, I found the video on the Comedy Central site.

The priest's interview starts at 3:18.

The line in my sig's exchange starts around 2:31.

But the whole video is Stephen in top form.

Not that I'm sucking up or anything ...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
MM is this the vid that has the stuff you can't remember, or is it just your siggie?

Or is it both?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just the siggie. I haven't the time to go through the archive and try to remember whatever it was I thought I heard at this moment. Gotta get the kid to bed.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
ok then.

Thanks. Let us know when you find it..I'm really curious..
I'll probably watch a few anyway..just for kicks.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think I'll take this interlude to try to blow holes in my own hypothesis, to show that even I am not immune from I. Er, me.

When I start thinking too hard about something like this I end up second-guessing myself and lose track of when I thought something occurred. I'm going to go look through some of those vids, though, just to see if I can find it.

The biggest flaw in the ointment, of course, is that, in looking at the video site, the most recent one is from 9/13. But then, Colbert, like the Daily Show, doesn't do a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday show. If it WAS last night's show I'm remembering, then maybe the videos aren't up yet (bad webmaster! no donut!).

But if it was a repeat or even from the show of 9/13 and I am simply confused and senile (try raising two small children alone in your 40's on 6 hours of sleep a night and see how coherent you end up :lol
, then it is entirely possible that the member's post I read was actually quoting Colbert, and not the other way around.

In which case I have rant for nought but fun. Which was my original intent, anyway.

But I'm still gonna be watching you, Colbert!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
LOL

Don't worry to much about it.
Just put up, or shu.....LOL

It wasn't too long ago, in the midst of some recent family chaos, that I spent a good 10 minutes looking for my sunglasses..you know where they were of course..on my head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join