It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite makes village ill? Yikes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
How awfully strange.If it was radiation dont you think the authorities would be evacuating those people pronto??Bad odor so obviously air-born...could it be something that had been in the earth under the impact??Just throwing out a maybe...

I thought about the something under the earth thingy too.

en.wikipedia.org...

Iridium metal is mostly non-toxic due to its relative unreactivity, but iridium compounds should be considered highly toxic.

This article is about the chemical element. For the satellite phone service, see Iridium (satellite).
77 osmium ← iridium → platinum

References
Iridium (IPA: /ɪˈɹɪdiəm/) is a chemical element that has the symbol Ir and atomic number 77. A dense, very hard, brittle, silvery-white transition metal of the platinum family, iridium is used in high strength alloys that can withstand high temperatures and occurs in natural alloys with platinum or osmium. Iridium is notable for being the most corrosion resistant element known and for its significance in the determination of the probable cause of the demise, by a meteorite strike, of the dinosaurs. It is used in high temperature apparati, electrical contacts, and as a hardening agent for platinum.

I don't know exactly what this means.LOL

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What about sulphuric gases? Can that make someone dizzy and ill? They said it was odorous. Although I suppose if that were the case, they'd probably be able to tell that smell of rotten eggs and determine it was sulphur.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

Yup, and is this area volcanically active, so that a puncture from a meteorite could lose some sulfur?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Interestingly and marginally related, I was at a birthday party sunday evening in LA and there was a very large, almost thumb size meteor that streaked by. If you have ever been to LA you will know that seeing any kind of astronomical lights is an unusual thing with all the haze and light pollution we have here.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am trying to figure out what might be in this meteorite to make people sick.

I have heard of them falling in populated areas before, without toxic effects.

meteorites.wustl.edu...

Perhaps it is a chunk of frozen human waste from the ISS? Who knows heh

Is odd that there is water there.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don´t believe in the idea about sulfur gas/volcanic origin.

The reaction to Sulfur gas is known, so it´s not it.

Someone said something about volcanic origins for the odor and maybe gas. From a 6 meters deep hole?!? Almost not deep enough to make a pool so it´s not it either...

IMO, it´s still too early to think about an alien organism AND hard to believe an infection would generate reactions so fast.

For me, it´s either some chemical (maybe unknown yet) or mass hysteria, wich is very unlikely.

I live in Brazil, but not even CLOSE to Peru. Yet, there´s been a lot of meteor activity around here specially (for many, many years now) in farm and forest areas, and 99% of theses activity are not reported due to the distances and -sometimes- lack of tech/interest in that matter.

I have NEVER heard of people getting sick/ill near meteor debris.

What I have read (brazillian source) about this event in Peru is that people were having strong headaches and vomiting... This is EXACTLY what happens to those who are poisoned with radiation.
Can some doctor back me up on this?

See you all

(Sorry if I made some mistakes/typo's)

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am trying to figure out what might be in this meteorite to make people sick.

I have heard of them falling in populated areas before, without toxic effects.

meteorites.wustl.edu...

Perhaps it is a chunk of frozen human waste from the ISS? Who knows heh

Is odd that there is water there.

Yea, water, I thought that odd too, hmmmmm, waste?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Yes but what about geothermal pools with sulfur, this did have standing water in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincebaby
Either radioactive or biological substances were in the meteorite.

Or, the crater formed by the impact unearthed something toxic that was already there. Or, the sickness was unrelated to the meteor. Or it wasn't a meteor, but space debris. The number of possible explanations is large in the absence of solid data.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Dont worry about water there. It´s rain season (winter) here in the south.

Sometimes it rains non-stop for a few days and turns everything to mud, but quickly gets "drained down" after rain stops.

Pretty normal, and we´re used to it.

I´m in southern Brazil right now and there´s a lot of forets-like vegetation on the city I am. It has been raining for 4 days now and it´s very wet and muddy everywhere, but normal.

See you all on the flip side!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I get what you mean, but I don´t think that´s the case...

Never heard of a geothermal pool "that near the surface " (What´s the opposite of DEEP, in english?)

See you on the flip side!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It's the population control virus designed by the NWO illuminati reptillian secret empire that has been programmed to selectively kill worthless individuals of our society. It was launched from the NWO Headquarters located in the darkside of the moon at 21:41:22 hours. Thus the beginning of the end starts now.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

Never heard of a geothermal pool "that near the surface " (What´s the opposite of DEEP, in english?)

Yellowstone Park and many other places have sulfurous pools. I can think of many places. Iron Oxide and Hydrochloric Acid equals Rotten Egg Gas. How do I know? I got in pretty bad trouble my Junior Year in High School many, many years ago. I mixed up a batch and put it in the central Air Conditioning System of the school and emptied the whole building. The smell makes some people nauseous but it is basically harmless. Mostly Psychosomatic symptoms.

About ten years ago in the town I lived in a tanker truck had a spill in the middle of the highway. The nearby residents started going to the hospital claiming they were sick with all kinds of symptoms. The doctors could not find anything wrong with these people but they kept coming in and got very angry when they could find nothing wrong. These people insisted they were poisoned and started hiring lawyers. It turned out the truck was carrying waste water from the Budweiser Plant nearby. The water had been used to rinse hops and was being sent to be dumped into a field. It was so harmless you could drink it without worry. Some of the people sued anyway and got laughed out of court. I'm recounting this true story to show that Mass Hysteria is a real thing. So real these people got genuinely ill even though it was all in their heads. Could be the same case here.

The opposite of deep is shallow.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer_PR
It's the population control virus designed by the NWO illuminati reptillian secret empire that has been programmed to selectively kill worthless individuals of our society. It was launched from the NWO Headquarters located in the darkside of the moon at 21:41:22 hours. Thus the beginning of the end starts now.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

It a terror attack from Iran! time to invade heh

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiBosh
This is frightening stuff, right out of late 50's science fiction. If a microbe from space were capable of affecting human biology, it could very well spell the end of the World as we know it. Forget SARS, Ebola, any of the plagues, or bird flu... This could be a real Captain Trips.

haha. maybe the meteorite just stirred up mold, dust and debris as it hit and that made the villagers sick.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

remains of an animal?----and chips of metal?dont tell me we have another ufo and remains of the pilot scenero like at roswell n.m.------just pulling your legs--- my overactive imagination?---i hope----but people getting sick?that is strange---hopefully its not a mini-wormwood-a precursor of it as the book of revelation talks of .the real one poisons 1/3 of the waters on the earthand many die from the waters revelation 8:8-11

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the weird thing about this apparent meteor is that it exploded, samples of lead & silver were found, the lead may be some protective case to hold radioactve substance ?, the silver i dont know, but i think these two metals point more towards a human satalite of sorts.
also just heard on the radio the number of people now affected with sickness is around 600, thats more than earlyer, so what ever it is seems to be still toxic. so a gas released seems to be still there so i think the toxicness is not gas, but more likley radioactive or chemical, but with now 600 effected it still may be biological, but i dont know if the 600 all visited the crator ?.
this is indeed unfolding into an interesting event.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer_PR

We need proof!!!!! Pictures of the Moon Base in high resolution with Surround Sound. Samples of everything sent to every major lab on earth. Names, dates and a thorough investigation followed by a Congressional investigation. This may not have anything to do with the US but I want a Congressional Investigation anyway. RIGHT NOW!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the animator

I am not sure Peru is a neuclear test site.
Dont worry it's nothing, well it's something but it is far from the end of the world or even Peru. I am sure these types of things have landed in our lakes and oceans in the past and have gone undetected. This one just landed near people. If a body shows up asking for sugar water I'll start heading for the hills.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimjamjerry

the meteorite stirred up mold and dust ?yes who knows what kind of weird disease might have been lurking in that earthly mold and dust------may be something far worse than ebola sars etc.------they also origionated on earth-from who knows where?it doesnt have to be a weird disease from outer space.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join