It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Please don't taser me.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by weatherguru

Originally posted by C0le

If you think that you truly have that right, try doing some addition to your house, without a permit,
I don't ask nor do I need permission to do anything with my property.

or stop paying your taxes on your home

"allodial title"

or keep some "controlled substances" within it.
Get back to me on what happens to your "right to property and the control of it"

I dont agree to the use of these substances, however what another person does with his body is his business, regardless of "law"

[edit on 18-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
His official website.

www.theandrewmeyer.com...

Quite revealing.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
hey all,

To me the 3rd video is the best for hearing what is said and how he is dealt with by the police. ( that is also the one that can be seen on CNN )

1. He is asked by someone on the stage to go ahead and ask his questions does not just appear and grab the microphone.

2. He starts off by thanking the Sen for his time and for allowing him to ask his questions . (not to me the sign of impending problems)

3. After the microphone is cut he sarcastically remarks about this and turns to walk away and is then grabbed by the police from behind, he reacts to this as I think anyone would if grabbed from behind with out warning, he is it seams just wanting to return to his seat. (i say this from personal experience but sarcasm is something i don't think some Americans get, may be the police there where some of them? :duh

4. As he is moving to keep away from the police a very large officer grabs him and lifts him off the ground and takes him to the back of the room If he can do this then why not all the way outside?!?. Once he's out you can keep him out.

5. As he is on the ground the police have control of his arms when he is tasered so for me there seams to be no need for the taser to be used.

6. Information regarding his background has nothing to do with the fact the the police overstepped the line IMO and should be left out of it.

and to me most importantly, the police nor anyone else from what i can hear ask him to leave and thats the crux of the matter they just start manhandling him and don't give him any reason for it, that would set me off i don't know about the rest of you.

Any who just my opinion, may it to you be right or wrong i hope you wont bite to much.

Rogue 9.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by rogue 9]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

That's a very sad story. Another example of cops gone wild. These cops are encouraged to use tasers and other forms of "non-lethal" force whenever possible. Here in Oklahoma, a cop was suspended recently for tazing a middle age woman because she was yelling at him. Hasn't law enforcement learned anything from the Rodney King incident or the numerous other examples of excessive force documented in countless videos? This is infuriating.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
reply to post by scientist

I hope and pray that each and everyone of you here on ATS take this scene to heart. Learn what your rights are; it could very well be you in a situaion like this in the near future.

... or not .... wonder how many people have the guts to stand up to the "man" and take it on the chest. Most will just cheer that the disturbance was "dealt" with. DOPES.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The people saying what the police did was right were probably a policeman or relative of one. I live 10 min away from UF but i had to go to class. I would have went to see kerry if it was on a weekend.
Tased for asking a question? The police were itching to hurt someone. Everyone seen videos are police hitting a suspect and the suspect begs them to stop but they wouldn't; I'm not surprised.
Did you hear one of the policemen chuckle?!??!? All i can say that america is driven by violence. (football, tv, shooting games, rape, abductions).

Charged for disrupting a public event? I say it's more like being charged for bullying. Poor kerry
, wheres his mommy when he needs her.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I watched the clips...
Now I don't agree or disagree with the cops, because my opinion would depend on whose shoes I was in, and I wasn't in either the kid's or the cops'.
But I could not help but feel that the actions by both the kid and cops was all an act. It looked like they were repeating lines and watching for cues. I don't doubt the kid got zapped, but some actors will go to the extreme.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

Yes, very sad. As a matter of fact, the police ladder of force goes like this:

1) Presence
2) Command
3) Taser
4) Chemical (pepper spray)
5) Hands on
6) Lethal

How 'bout that huh?!? Something that has killed 165 people is higher on the list than pepper spray or hands on!

Friggin' ridiculous how out of control our police state is becoming.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is a sidenote. Did you notice that the first officers to approach him were rather smallish women?

In the past I know this has been an issue in police work. The problem being that the smaller statured female officer feels it is necessary to use overwhelming force to control a situation especially when confronting a large male.

Also male police officers tend to be more "protective" of their female counterparts.

I thought this may be part of the explanation that things got out of control.

I still believe he was assaulted and his rights were violated... unquestionably.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

thanks for keeping us up to date on the democracy we're trying to give to iraq and thinking of giving to iran ? i wonder--if the poor kid was wearing a --i love heinz--t-shirt if that would have given him a free pass to say what ever on stage with kerry? yeap so much for free speech----kiss our democracy good bye since 9/11.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
again, democracy is NOT a good thing. democracy = mob rule = all those people laughing and clapping at the violation of his rights.

It's a republic that makes us great, and a republic we should protect, not a democracy. (We need a republic, with democratic processes)

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This has just gone waaay too far!!
The Police should not even consider getting involved when someone is simply asking questions, regardless of how they ask. OK, it is impolite to be rude, but the Police should never get involved.

Anyone remember that guy being thrown out of a meeting of one of the UK political parties for heckling?? Freedom of speech is dead!

I guess shortly sites like ATS will be considered dissident (if it isn't already) and we'll start being restricted like China.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
reply to post by MasterRegal

cops work for us!..not the other way around..so when asked a question,it's their JOB to answer the people that make their paychecks possible.

I don't know why everyone seems to think that cops work for "us".
Everyone thinks they are to "protect and serve"

It is my understanding that they do NOT work for us.
They work for the entity which hires them.
They compensation does not come the taxes we pay, but from
the fines they collect. You might consider the fines as a tax,
but I believe it is extortion.

So in reality... we work for them. Our more precisely, the
governments which commission them.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93

I don't know why everyone seems to think that cops work for "us".
Everyone thinks they are to "protect and serve"

No I think Transformers got it right.. (movie not cartoon)

Look at Barricade the side of his car states this..

"To Punish and Enslave"

Here ya go..

For those who dont know what that movie is about..

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just cant belive that even on this forum some ppl say that police did good thing... I just cant belive this. Innocent man was treated with high voltage and beaten and you say that its "all right mate"? Maybe you deserve to live in police country, brainwashed and safe... In majority of european countries this could not happen, police knows that ppl stand with each other and fight and they usually think before they start a fight especially with large groups of young peoples. When something like this happens you grab nearest chair and beat the s* out of them. When they come back with gas and all, you run, its simple and always works. Thats first thing that comes in my mind, even my girlfriend asked why nobody was defending him. This is America? The land of the free? Sheeps is all what i see. Laughing that someone is beaten by cops and thrown to jail for NOTHING! And idiots arguing that he was to loud and cops did great thing.

Think about time when YOU ask wrong question... Now i know that i dont want americans by my side in that time... At least most of them. And time to ask "wrong" questions is coming in almost every part of the world...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

shar_chi :i like the picture you show-------that guy standing in front of the tanks has got more "nuts" or is more nuts than any human i've ever met in my life----i hope G-D makes me that "strong"if i am called upon to face death eye ball to eye ball for what i believe in.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shigawire
I just cant belive that even on this forum some ppl say that police did good thing... I just cant belive this. Innocent man was treated with high voltage and beaten and you say that its "all right mate"?

US Americans need to ban the use of the taser.

I hate to think what the Nazis would have done with such a device.

I am not surprised though that there are people on this forum who applaud the police action. There are always "Good Germans" ready to cheer the state as it puts its collective boot down on the throat of an individual.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here are my thoughts on the subject:

Why weren’t the police officers instructed — in advance — on how to behave in a campus setting?

Heated discussions among students are totally normal. The student wasn’t doing anything, at first, other than running his mouth. Of course he resisted arrest. Just as many a political science major would have. But he wasn’t punching anyone. Merely trying to shake the cops off. Again, the type of setting this happened in is what’s important to remember — a University auditorium. Out on the street is another story. There, not to cooperate with law enforcement officials is a big deal, and usually rightfully so.

So, the police was way out of line. But so was John Kerry. What was he doing? Shouldn’t he as a ‘leader’ have interfered? Why did he just stand there like a stick-in-the-mud and watch things spiral out of control? He should have, could have walked right up to the tussle and asked, no, demanded, that everyone leave the young man alone. He should have been smart enough to do that.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm mixed at this situation. He was asking a question, and AS SOON as he asked about the skull and bones thing, cut off. Then he resisted, ok that's good enough for a beat down, but not a taser. I don't know, It's borderline Communism.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join