It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater security firm banned from Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jgruh4e

i am amazed that you are allowed on this website using the so called signature you employ-being a zionist=waiting for Messiah to return and establish His government on the earth and overcome the enemies of His people-the jews and making jerusalem His capital city on the earth- i resent it-in canada it would fall under a hate crime to employ such language-so you want us to think that being attacked and murdered is normal for us to accept when its muslim extremists that are doing it to us and that we should just sit around waiting to be murdered?olmert has all kinds of bodyguards to protect him from harm-so he might think this is normal to happen to other jews in israel at the moment while he tries to get famous as a great peacemaker. if i were him i'd drive every muslim off/out of israels G-D given land-----we americans and british dont think this is normal-to sit around and be a target without doing something about it---yet.my opinion of the usa staying in iraq to try and maintain peace between murderers is that it is a waste of time /money and american and its allies lives-we should pull out and take with us those than are normal and leave the murderers on both sides to go at it.why should we be a referee to a religious hate campaign?by the way i hate no one-not even muslims but i hate stupidity and not using common sense and i've got no use for murderers and those that think its normal behaviour to not love their neighbors as themselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i've got to imagine somewhere, some alien is watching the screen and thinking, "will you look at these frigging clowns?".

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wonder just which branch or arm of BlackWater (BW) that's getting it's
license to operate in Iraq yanked??

BW Training Center
BW Target Systems
BW Security Consulting
BW Canine

not including the several air-support groups that work for/with/under BW

considering BW 'mission', there's several other sub-contractors that would be willing
to hire straight-away the BW contractors being released...
the companies; ISI, Triple Canopy, Unity Resources Group LLC
just to list a few that perform comparable services.

it's just a matter of who will be signing the contrators pay-checks
as they will definitely be staying...

the US & Pentagon are paying these hundreds of
'security contractors' & LLCs, upwards of 3.9 Billion per month

scan this link for a very informative layout of the Security Companies & Training Camps

see: indexresearch.blogspot.com...

~~~~~~~~ updated 17-09-07, that's Today folks ~~~~~~~~~

[edit on 17-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What a disgrace Udio when our tax payer money goes for the profiteers of the Iraq war, but our men and women in the military after coming home with wounds that are mental and not physical have to beg for government support and care.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Now, Blackwater is back in the news, providing a reminder of just how privatized the war has become. On Tuesday, one of the company’s helicopters was brought down in one of Baghdad’s most violent areas. The men who were killed were providing diplomatic security under Blackwater’s $300-million State Department contract, which dates to 2003 and the company’s initial no-bid contract to guard administrator L. Paul Bremer III in Iraq. Current U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, who is also protected by Blackwater, said he had gone to the morgue to view the men’s bodies, asserting the circumstances of their deaths were unclear because of “the fog of war.”

Source:Blackwater Mercs

This is all very interesting! Thanks for sharing and thanks to everyone who made comments and showed me some critical info!!
My friend Chris, is a sergant in the marine core.. Im going over to his house later, and will ask him what he knows about Blackwater members.
If he has anything for me, I will sertinly come back and share with you what I learned... Prehaps I can talk him into making an account on here.
He has seen alot of combat, and is back now, becasue he was shot 3 times and lived!!! Hes one hell of a marine!! And a good hearted guy..

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
there is something very wrong with this world when the leader of the supposed free world hires a company that relies on a continued war like state in order to make a profit.

This current Administration is the military industrial complex. IMO there is no chance of getting to the next election without a massive event in America that invokes martial law.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Nice one ,Doc, and here was I sitting in my western european home looking at Fox,CNN ,AlJazeera, & Sky news ,thinking I was going insane,as I thought I was living in 4 or 5 differant worlds, One world (Fox) was headlining about some has been called OJ,another was headlining about Britney somebody, Sky was on about a crumbling bank (Northern Rock),Al jazeera was on about Darfur.Now I know that the american networks are not allowed talk about Iraq,in case americans might figure out whats really going on there.At least the canadians had the balls to show their dead being brought home, and they are supposed to be wimps!!. I really thought that your taxes were paying your army ,yeah right,!!!!.But you are really financing Blackwater, Haliburton, and several others, all with a vested interest in prolonging the situation for the maximum period,all in the name of profits for the friends of dubya and the oil moguls.Your killed and maimed troops are only incidentals on a much bigger picture. Remember that the oil companies lost billions a few years ago when oil sold at under $10 abarrell,the retired chief executive of none other than Shell Industries is on record as saying that at that time they expected oil to rise ,not fall, he also has said that their was a concious decision made then that they would never be caught napping again, and what has happened oil has risen inexorably since and the oil companies intend to make sure that it stays rising, why? because like air & water we can't do without it,the water is cheaper at the moment , the air is still free ,if a bit #ty,but they are working on screwing it up for us. The reality of fact that oil is a finite resource has begun to dawn on all of them,and who is going to use the last barrell of oil in the world,good ol USA . Why are we destroying the planet and our childrens future, greed, pure and unadultrated greed, be under no illusions,The NWO is not some fantasy, it is a fact and a reality unfolding before our very eyes on an hourly basis.
The youth of the world are becoming more and more hardened and callous, not by accident but by design, in preparation for the day when survival at any cost will be all that matters. You aint seen nothing yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This reminds me of the movie Three Kings with Marky Mark and Ice Cube. The part at the beginning where there is an Iraqi on a hill with a rifle and Marky Mark gets him in his sights and takes a minute to ask "Are we shooting people?" and after asking two times he finally shoots the enemy.
Private contractors don't have to ask those questions they know what to do.
Private contractors do the gritty jobs that have to be done. The jobs the government has to have done but wont do because they are worried about what the news will spin it into or what the public will say. It is crazy that soldiers have to think about the news and everything else when they are over there fighting. Some don't know whether to fill out a form or shot first. There is just too much news coverage of the war and how it is run. Personally I think war should not be covered on TV like it is. There is no such thing as a politically correct war. I would say 99% of news from the war has a spin and has specific details left out to get the public to lean toward the popular agenda that week.

I'm not all for mercenaries I'm just not under the misconception that war is fair and soldiers can go into battle and both sides be happy .

If you look at BW employees in a different light because they get paid so much look at what they have to risk.. Now name someone that is involved in this war that is not making money. Everyone from the the President all the way down to private first class Gomer Pile gets theirs. The only exception is some get more than others.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ish hit the fan in the middle of my post, can somebody clarify this for me?

I know a group called "Executive Outcomes" were a private military contractor based out of South Africa that was banned because of their "frightening" effectiveness in Africa. Can somebody shed some light on why they were outlawed and we currently have companies like Blackwater in a major conflict such as Iraq? Was this not applicable to the United States?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I just heard a piece on CNN where this was their opening story for the hour. They said that the Iraqi government not only revoked BW's license, but they have to leave the country.

Wolf Blitzer was saying that BW provided an important service and speculated that the military may have to be used to provide security. That may be true, but their services are needed only because of the insecurity. If this war was managed properly from the beginning, there would have been a larger military presence and would be much more secure today.

It's funny how this mistake in leadership has reaped such a profitable industry for BW.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I just heard a piece on CNN where this was their opening story for the hour. They said that the Iraqi government not only revoked BW's license, but they have to leave the country.

I guess that depends on who in the Iraq government you ask. The Sadr goon, Interior Minister, or

in spite of that declaration, which was carried on wire reports, a senior Iraqi official contacted by TIME said that prime minister Maliki is expected to discuss the episode at a cabinet session scheduled for Tuesday and that, as far as the license being permanently revoked, "it's not a done deal yet."

Time

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Blackwater being kicked out of Iraq is simply excellent timing for the agenda of Bush/Cheney or whoever is the Man Behind the Curtain these days.

Now all of those private forces (mercenaries) are available for hire to put the meat in the plan to attack Iran.

While the thought of the civilian loss of life in Iran horrifies me almost to speechlessness, I would expect that it is better for Blackwater to be let loose on another theatre of war rather than have them back in the USA causing the kind of havoc and agitation that is within their power to employ.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
what if blackwater was moving out because something huge is going to happen over there? and they will be needed here. This could be a cover story for whats really going on.

I think you have definitely hit upon one possible reason. Blackwater would be needed in the USA to enforce Martial Law -- regardless of the reasons for the Martial Law.

It might be a good time also to use Blackwater to take over ... no, I won't say it lest what I write give someone an idea that is best left in its coffin.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Chalk up another one. What are we up to now?

All I'm saying is what I saw on CNN. It's like you said, it depends on who you talk to in the Iraqi government. That shows that their government is about as consistent as ours.

I also noticed the bit at the end of that article.

However, the Iraqi official also said he had spoken with at least two cabinet members about yesterday's shooting and that some in the government have "been upset about Blackwater for a while now. They want them to get out," said the advisor.

It does sound like it was a "last straw" and they are using this incident to try to revoke their license.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
this video basicaly says it all

www.youtube.com...

i had no idea that these people and or companies existed. Lol i thought it was just in the movies...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That video is a very negative account of Blackwater, U.S.A. That's unfortunate, since almost no one will comment on the positive aspects of the firm. Mercs have always existed and always will. Blackwater has operations so secret within certain U.S. government agencies that they can't even confirm their contracts to other government agencies or in some cases to persons within the same agency. Like another poster said, if I go to Iraq, I want Blackwater looking after my security.

I have mentioned in another thread that if one finds a secret U.S. base guarded by Blackwater, you have found the site of the real area 51 type activities.

Thanks to the OP and to everyone who posted a link here.

[edit on 9/17/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
In response to the question about executive outcomes. the mercenary group that successfully brought the Sierra Leone civil war and back and forth civilian slaughter under control in under six months. Executive Outcomes was the victim of Globalist factions operating inside the UN that refuse to allow small nations any Say in how they manage their own internal Crises.
In essence what really happened was Executive Outcomes was in Sierra Leonne at the request of the legitimate gov there, and they had the situation stabillized. However the globalists bullied the Sierra Leone Gov into Ending Executive OUtcome's contract by threatening to withhold vital Aid and reconstruction funds, Supposedly because of their moral opposition to Armies for hire (Note we see now that obviously when large countries hire Mercs it's a different story, and what they were really afraid of was Small easilly controllable nations taking control of their own destiny and bringing themselves into the modern age).

As for any sort of ban on mercenaries... Errr who has authority to ban mercs? that would be NO ONE.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's their country and their lives. Let them for once make decisions on their own. There are plenty of militia in the country to hire as body guards. Al Sadre is taking over when we leave anyway so we are just postponing the inevitable.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good Riddance..

Half those murderers for hire should be tried and imprisoned at the least...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'd say the Iraqi's are shooting themselves in the foot on this one. Or, are they? The contractors needed to continue the work on the Infrastructure can't work without security. BW gets thrown out and no security. No security = no work on the infrastructure. No work on the infrastructure = angry Civilians. Angry Civilians = easy targets for the Insurgents to kill or take advantage of.

BW was protecting either some Contractors or Diplomats while traveling from point A to point B. They encountered an explosive device intended to kill them and then some "Civilians (yeah sure :lol
opened fire on them. They shot back in self defense. Because these "Civilians
", hid behind real Civilians, some of the real Civilians were shot along with the "Civilians
" who were trying to murder the Diplomats and the BW People. Wow! What a story!

Now, BW who was doing the job they were hired to do while at the same time saving their own lives are being kicked out of Iraq for saving their own lives!

I can't think of a more perfect scenario for a Iraqi Insurgent to pull off after lying their way into the legitimate Iraqi Government. I think they should have a hard look at the Government Official(s) wanting BW ousted. Their may just be a weasel at the end of this tunnel laughing their you know whats off at the media reports. Maybe even an Iranian who's name starts with an A perhaps?

Just some of my humble thoughts on this matter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join