It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Truth begins to spread from internet to print.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Let's face it if we never had an internet connection with access to this site and all the other sites many of us would still be believing the official story.
I know this is true of myself.

However what about all the people who don't spend much time on the net, sure they may check there e-mail and pay some bills but that about it. They don't have time or a desire to check things out for themselves.

I have never seen the 9/11 truth in print publically anywhere until today 6 years later.

I went to a fast food store for lunch, and there was a health type magazine sitting on the counter for anybody to look at. As I paged through it, as I ate my launch, right in the middle of it was a full 2 page article on 9/11 truth, supporting it. I was really suprised. Anyways it made me think, this information is finally making it's way to the general public.
One point that it mentioned was how William R. was offerd millions in hush money but he refused it. How many other people have been bought out and paid for, stopping the truth from coming out faster.

But will the typical person who reads this for the first time over lunch even believe this? Thats the question.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I think there are more people paying attention to the evidence that the 9/11 truth movement has presented. Most, however, are in denial. It's a defense mechanism that's necessary for folks to get on with their daily lives. Many ATSers have chosen to go the distance at deprogramming ourselves, but we know that doing so exacts a high cost. Mainly, we have to construct a new version of reality for ourselves. It's not easy to do. That's why I think many other folks resist anything that challenges their world view. Folks are listening, they're just not committing. They want things to somehow be fixed. And they're hoping that their beliefs will see them through. Just like everyone else, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Or could it simply be that people believe their own eyes?

They, as I, saw 2 airplanes smash into the WTC building.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible must be the truth"

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hustler Magazine did an article about a year ago. Also, there are many paperbacks that have been in print.

www.911blogger.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I saw a post today on ATS that compared patriotic Americans that have all this information on 9/11, and are in denial to regular patriotic Germans in the 40's in regards to the consentration camps, they knew about them but were in big time denial, how could you function if you accept your own government is pure evil.

Can we blame people for wanting to deny to themselves that their own government murdered in cold blood aprox. 3000 people. And then went on to use this as an excuse to send many soldiers to there deaths and kill more innocents oversea's.

Ignorance allows life to go on. The truth can drive you nuts, because it's so painful.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think all this new 9/11 press coverage is the left right paradymn. Do the articles mention the corporate control of both parties or just smash at the Neo Cons?

I worry they will scape goat all of 9/11 on Bush, then crown Hillary the new monarch. Everyone will celibrate as things stay the same.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible must be the truth"

No-one is denying that 2 airplanes smashed into the WTC. The question is, who did the smashing? The quote in your own signature is very apt to this situation; whilst on first glance it seems unlikely, even impossible, that 9/11 was an inside job, when you look at all the evidence critically and with only a partly open mind you soon arrive at the inescapable conclusion that the official story is almost comically implausible and leaves only one possible conclusion.

I've met, both in real life and on the Interweb, so many people who insisted they knew enough about 9/11 to make an informed decision - only to find out very soon afterwards that all their "knowledge" was based on one or two mainstream TV documentaries. It amazes me that so many people brainwash themselves into believing that watching a couple of documentaries qualifies them to comment as any kind of authority on such a massively complex subject. And of course personal pride and ego means that so many people point blank REFUSE to even consider they might be wrong, even for a second; and when they start to see they ARE (or might be) wrong, they go into aggressive denial mode - attack the messenger who points out how wrong they are rather than believe or even examine the information presented. I've been physically attacked by people who objected to having their core beliefs shattered so cruelly. Thankfully I'm not a small chap!
I've also had people call the police (in mid discussion) and try to get me arrested "because I knew too much about the methods of terrorists". Talk about denial!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I worry they will scape goat all of 9/11 on Bush, then crown Hillary the new monarch. Everyone will celibrate as things stay the same.

A very valid concern; I have exactly the same fear...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Great sheep logic.
With that kind of thinking, governments never lie.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, if the "Truth" movement ever wants to be taken seriously they need to stop insulting everyone who disagrees or questions them. I, and indeed a lot of the sheep and dis-info agents, will accept the truth, whatever it turns out to be. But ironically it often seems that a portion of the "Truthers" don't want the truth, they just want to be right. I sometimes find myself reading something on this topic and the writer has clearly already made up their mind and nothing will change it. And then they say the rest of us are close-minded

Until attitudes change then there is no hope for a wider audience. And even I, speaking as an apparent sheep, think that is a shame.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Ignorance allows life to go on. The truth can drive you nuts, because it's so painful.

Pain has made me strong, only a fool would fail to acknowledge that life's greatest teacher is the harsh reality of which we will all ultimately perceive.

Every one of us possesses the capability to do 'evil' at any given time.

Ignore responsibility, and you do evil - this much is clear for those whom are gulty of manslaughter.

Power corrupts, and every single person on this planet possesses some modicum of power (the power of your personal life, and the ability to do with it as you wish, for example).

The question is whether you can amplify that power.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To the OP - do you have a link to the article? Be nice to read that.

The last thing I read in the media about it was not too kind. Basically, It called anyone who questions the official story as a delusional, loony, tinfoil-hat wearing kook. Nice of them. It's not really MSM, but it's close enough. People read the rag. Here's a link for those who care to read it. It's fun stuff.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Can't trust the press. Matters on who owns them, I guess.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

I talked about this very idea with a coworker in 2002 before the invasion, but during the build up of troops in the region around Iraq. I think I said "if this doesn't work and only inflames the problem, it's like political suicide".

We'll all feel great that the kings rule is over, but what will change when the queen takes over.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by franzbeckenbauer

No-one is denying that 2 airplanes smashed into the WTC.

Oh yes there are (some denying that planes flew into the twin towers). I’m surprised you’re not a no-planer yourself, Mr. one-of-the-greatest-soccer-players-of-all-times.

Also,
Dear Chorlton:

It’s a classic question — did you see two airplanes smash into WTC1 and 2 live on site in NYC or did you see it “live on TV”? It’s a BIG difference! If you were indeed an actual witness, seeing the planes plow into the tower walls, please share your experience in greater detail. We haven’t had anyone here on ATS do this yet.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

I think there are more people paying attention to the evidence that the 9/11 truth movement has presented. Most, however, are in denial. It's a defense mechanism that's necessary for folks to get on with their daily lives. Many ATSers have chosen to go the distance at deprogramming ourselves, but we know that doing so exacts a high cost. Mainly, we have to construct a new version of reality for ourselves. It's not easy to do. That's why I think many other folks resist anything that challenges their world view. Folks are listening, they're just not committing. They want things to somehow be fixed. And they're hoping that their beliefs will see them through. Just like everyone else, I suppose.

They are defensive because theyre selfish and stubborn, nothing more. I dont pitty da fools. They bug me, being unwilling to change your thinking is like being autistic. i hope they all change though and join the real seekers.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
They are defensive because theyre selfish and stubborn, nothing more. I dont pitty da fools. They bug me, being unwilling to change your thinking is like being autistic. i hope they all change though and join the real seekers.

This is exactly what I was talking about, insulting those who don't automatically agree with everything that is said
Not only telling those people they are "selfish and stubborn" but also going on to be highly offensive in comparing them to those who suffer from autism!

Let me ask you this mastermind77, how willing are you to change your mind? If the truth came out that went against everything you currently believe in, would you gladly welcome it? Or can you say with 100% certainty, from what you have learned or just from your gut, that you are surely right?

There would be a hell of a lot more productive discussion taking place if everyone went at it in a calm and friendly manner. Not throwing names around just because they question something - that really is the staple of a closed mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muppetus Galacticus
This is exactly what I was talking about, insulting those who don't automatically agree with everything that is said. Not only telling those people they are "selfish and stubborn" but also going on to be highly offensive in comparing them to those who suffer from autism!

Let me ask you this mastermind77, how willing are you to change your mind? If the truth came out that went against everything you currently believe in, would you gladly welcome it? Or can you say with 100% certainty, from what you have learned or just from your gut, that you are surely right?

There would be a hell of a lot more productive discussion taking place if everyone went at it in a calm and friendly manner. Not throwing names around just because they question something - that really is the staple of a closed mind.

All valid points, some of which Im guilty of in one occasion. I just got pissed off, truly. Im new to this forum, but I've been on ATS for years. After 9/11 I believed the original story until last year when I thought that it was probably allowed to happen, but thats as far as I went I never even considered taking it further.

Now a few weeks ago I start looking into the subject because I heard about the 'loonies' and 'wackjobs' the media was talking about. I was really skeptical about 'inside job' types of stuff and wasnt warm to the idea at all, but I decided to look into it anyway. Even with a skeptical and critical perspective I was blown away by the all-too-convenient coincidences before and after 9/11.

The more I read and saw, the more pieces of the puzzle appeared to come together neatly, not from a single conspiracy theory, but from sources from all over unconnected. Now, the way I see it is if one cannot even admit that at least some of these theories have at the very least SOME merit, then you are either brainwashed beyond help or just unable to think critically and or unwilling to do any kind of reading or investigative work on your own.

So, yeah, when I see someone completely refusing or unable to look at the facts and science that do not support the official theory- damn right its frustrating. The wool has been pulled over a lot of people and most like it that way because its warm and comfortable.

Another thing that pisses me off is when some debunkers selectively pick away at weak points of a theory and use it to discredit the entire investigation. Its that kind of "thinking" that pollutes almost all discussions in just about any subject.

top topics

join