It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacques Vallee on C2C 9/17/07

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
George Noory has Jacques Vallee scheduled as a guest on Monday, the 17th. At Last. I've been waiting a long time for this interview.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

STM

[edit on 9/15/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Jacques Vallee was a leading UFO authority when i started studying the subject in the early 80's.But i think theres some people here at ATS that think he's actually a disinfo agent.I dont know what to make of him now.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lol! He sure is controversial due to his main belief that ETs/UFOs could be from our human collective psyche, also from some outside influence he calls tricksters and that really ticked off a lot of the researchers. I believe that in many cases he is right though.

I also believe in many cases the ETs/UFOs share our own time and space which he dances around, no real position, very evasive, mentions a little bit about possible military involvement. That is why I'm going listen to every word of the C2C to see if he has evolved his theory to include visitors from our space/time and I don't mean just from the military.

Edit to add: Just to be clear on this: I believe that the origins of some of the visitors are intra-dimensional, some are from our collective psyche, and some are from our own space/time. In other words we live in an amazing universe teaming with life on all levels/spectrums. Also, okay I guess I'll say it, a few are probably our own military playing their usual black-op games. Experiencers really need to learn to use discernment when dealing with these visitors/entities imo.

Here's a quote from an interview with Vallee, he is difficult to pin down on his exact beliefs, this excerpt was as close as I got and could be interpreted in several ways.

Source: www.dailygrail.com...

SR: Astrobiologist David Grinspoon (in his book Lonely Planets) talked of the possibility that extraterrestrial civilisations far older than ours may have passed this 'singularity', and may have access to technologies beyond our imagining. Is this something that would fit into the Magonia hypothesis, in terms of interdimensional travel? Your writing would suggest not, that UFOs are related in some way to the human collective psyche, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

J.Vallee: There is no contradiction between the two. The concept of other dimensions and parallel universes is part of mainstream cosmology now. I just received in the mail the latest copy of New Scientist. The cover shows two figures climbing into a flying saucer with the caption: “Life inside a black hole – how is it for you?”

Besides, I believe that the human collective psyche has access to cosmic consciousness

STM

Note: Vallee's theories are very complex and very difficult to abbreviate. I realize I have probably missed some aspects. I'm sure Palasheea will help and list them, lol, I'd appreciate it Palasheea. You too, Antar! You have a lot of insight into this phenomenon coupled with your analytical abilities. Any members who have opinions on his theories, or could help better encapsulate them or share your insights on Vallee please do. And that goes for you too, John Lear!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just had a strange thought.I wonder if they based the french UFO expert in'CLOSE ENCOUNTERS"of the third kind.He was a leading authority then.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here ya go:

Source:www.amazon.com...

Dr. Vallee has been widely recognized and honored as the premier investigating scientist in the realm of UFO research. He was the true-life model for the scientist played by Francois Truffant in the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." Vallee was also Steven Spielberg's chief technical advisor on the film.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I will be napping on monday because I will NOT miss this interview! I just hope that it is new info and not just a rehash of the same old same old, I am sooo burn't out on the past. Even the craft have changed significantly since the early sightings, and many different species are probably ready to start communing with us within the next 5-10 decades if we don't fail and blow ourselves up first. That includes the possibility that only the global elite and military complex survive. No advanced civilization want to deal with them...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm as much a fan of Jacques Vallee as I am Nick Pope. Which is to say not at all.

Vallee's psychological interpretation of UFOs in the face of UFO landing trace evidence and credible reports from government personnel regarding cover up points to him ignoring the greater possibility that there is indeed a physical aspect to this subject.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I had thought Dr. J. Allen Hynek was the chief technical advisor on Spielberg's CE of 3rd kind.

Read one of Vallee's books on Science v. French UFO encounters. I recall thinking great a Scientist not somehow on the payroll to keep away from UFO research and investigation.

But I found his conclusions to be-beyond me after he began getting into scientific formulas to explain UFO propulsion theory.

I'm going to try to make time to hear the show tomorrow night. Thanks for the heads up.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I will be listening! Of course I listen to the show every night from 10-2
Can't go a night without my C2C.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Vallee’s theory of the tricksters I believe is true. But there is so much more out there. Surely, with his background and access and backing (Bigelow) he must have some concrete findings as to the true situation. In a few interviews he said that he couldn’t go into more detail about NIDs and their findings (Skinwalker Ranch) due to the agreement he is under with NIDs, Robert Bigelow. BTW Bigelow started the original C2C with Art Bell. Perhaps Bigelow is going to allow him to speak a little more freely? It’s well known that Vallee does not like to be interviewed on UFO oriented programs, but yet here he is, Bigelow’s doing?

We’ll see I guess. I just hope Vallee isn’t his usual vague, above it all personality that comes across in his written interviews even on subjects that he is not legally bound on. I’ve been looking forward to hearing all he really knows for a long time now, perhaps this will be it, or if not Noory will have to really push to get an interesting interview.

Also it’s interesting that Vallee is big in developing new technologies. Ours? And he’s really distanced himself from his first love, UFOs (publicly at least), he’s alienated himself from all the other researchers, and has gone underground for years at a time. I’d really like to hear the whole story.

STM

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for telling about the upcoming Jacques Vallee interview STM! I will most definitely be listening in on that one. It's been a long time since he's done anything like this!

And thanks for your positive comments STM but you are by far more introspective and analytical than I am. And you're a much better writer too!

I haven't read over all of the posts yet in this thread and can't wait to see what's here. Will post again here tomorrow morning!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
J. Allen Hynek worked closely with Vallee and I believe that Hynek’s opinion of the situation is the truth and I believe that Vallee is well aware of it's validity. Why is Vallee so quiet on the over-all picture? Has he found proof of something so earthshattering that it would tear down our protective walls ie our beliefs of our place within the universe(s) and how the universe(s) are structured?

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

In 1977, at the First International UFO Congress in Chicago, Hynek presented his thoughts in his speech "What I really believe about UFOs." "I do believe," he said, "that the UFO phenomenon as a whole is real, but I do not mean necessarily that it's just one thing. We must ask whether the diversity of observed UFOs . . . all spring from the same basic source, as do weather phenomena, which all originate in the atmosphere", or whether they differ "as a rain shower differs from a meteor, which in turn differs from a cosmic-ray shower." We must not ask, Hynek said, what hypothesis can explain the most facts, but we must ask, which hypothesis can explain the most puzzling facts.[11]

"There is sufficient evidence to defend both the ETI and the EDI hypothesis," Hynek continued. As evidence for the ETI (extraterrestrial intelligence) he mentioned, as examples, the radar cases as good evidence of something solid, and the physical-trace cases. Then he turned to defending the EDI (extradimensional intelligence) hypothesis. Besides the aspect of materialization and dematerialization he cited the "poltergeist" phenomenon experienced by some people after a close encounter; the photographs of UFOs, some times on only one frame, not seen by the witnesses; the changing form right before the witnesses' eyes; the puzzling question of telepathic communication; or that in close encounters of the third kind the creatures seem to be at home in earth's gravity and atmosphere; the sudden stillness in the presence of the craft; levitation of cars or persons; the development by some of psychic abilities after an encounter. "Do we have two aspects of one phenomenon or two different sets of phenomena?" Hynek asked.[12]

Finally he introduced a third hypothesis. "I hold it entirely possible," he said, "that a technology exists, which encompasses both the physical and the psychic, the material and the mental. There are stars that are millions of years older than the sun. There maybe a civilization that is millions of years more advanced than man's. We have gone from Kitty Hawk to the moon in some seventy years, but it's possible that a million-year-old civilization may know something that we don't ... I hypothesize an 'M&M' technology encompassing the mental and material realms. The psychic realms, so mysterious to us today, may be an ordinary part of an advanced technology."

Also a note to Dallas: I’ve found references to both Vallee and Hynek helping with Close Encounters of the Third Kind, one I’ve already posted above, here’s the other:

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Hynek developed the close encounter scale to better catalogue various UFO reports. Dr. Hynek was also the consultant to Columbia Pictures and Steven Spielberg on the popular 1977 UFO movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and made a brief, non-speaking appearance in the film.

STM

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the heads up SeentoMuch! Ya I am going to love this interview as well

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Hey TRG!

Hope you're feeling better

It should be interesting for you, definitely. Much of what Vallee describes could be accessed via OBEs/Astral Projection imo. Just gotta watch out for the tricksters!

Take it easy,

STM

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Okay, just checked the C2C schedule and Vallee is still listed as the guest tonight. Still wonder if Bigelow had anything to do with this interview happening.

STM

[edit on 9/17/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I too will be listening to c2c tonite as I think that Mr. Vallee is one of heavy weights in the UFO field but Noory with his inane banter and pointless questions, tend to spoil most interviews of qualified interviewees. I'm sure he's a nice person however but I really miss Art even though he called me a "wingnut."

Punnett rox though!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You're right, Noory really needs to go all out tonight. And Lol, I too prefer Art Bell and Ian Punnett!

STM

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gotta bump this up a few times tonight. Don't want anyone to miss it if they're interested in this subject.

STM

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by whaaa

I'm sure he's a nice person however but I really miss Art even though he called me a "wingnut."

Whaaa, the night Art started calling us all wingnuts was the night he interviewed Benjamin Chertoff of Popular Mechanics magazine on their 911 Debunking issue.

I was on the Fantastic Forum and the next day I had one of the guys make me an avatar of a little wing nut that would spin up to the top and back down. I nominated myself Supreme Allied Commander and Chief Wingnut of the FF.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by Xfile

Jacques Vallee was a leading UFO authority when i started studying the subject in the early 80's.But i think theres some people here at ATS that think he's actually a disinfo agent.I dont know what to make of him now.

He certainly went after me and Bob Lazar in a very unkindly way. I was invited over to his house (in San Francisco) by Dr. Hynek's former right hand man Fred Beckman, a long time friend of mine. I talked with Vallee for an hour or so. I forget what program he was on but his version of the meeting was totally bogus.

He also interviewed Bob Lazar at some point and his version of that meeting was bogus also. One of the things I remember was that he asked Bob what equipment he had in the lab at S-4. Bob told him the usually lab stuff like an oscilloscope etc. Vallee then reported that Bob told him he worked on flying saucers with an oscilloscope. Boy did that ever frost Bob!

I'm going to listen tonight, if I can stay up that late but I don't expect much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join