It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Says North Koreans May Be Helping Syria with Secret Nuke Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

U.S Says North Koreans May Be Helping Syria with Secret Nuke Program

www.foxnews.com

ROME — A senior U.S. nuclear official said Friday that North Koreans were in Syria and that Damascus may have had contacts with "secret suppliers" to obtain nuclear equipment.

Andrew Semmel, acting deputy assistant secretary of state for nuclear nonproliferation policy, did not identify the suppliers, but said North Koreans were in the country and that he could not exclude that the network run by the disgraced Pakistan nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan may have been involved.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 15-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Oh great,they even talk about A.Q Khan being in Syria and helping.This upcoming war grows in size,and danger every single day.Now possibly back at it with N.korea also?Sigh what a crazy #*$ world we live in today.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Anyone wanna bet money that in the very near future we will see a report form the white house saying.Syria is helping Iran with their nuclear program and suddenly Iran is alot closer to nukes then we thought.Sigh,will it ever end?I only see things keep getting worse and worse untill we have a war that tops all wars ever fought.Literally changing humanity as we know it.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yep. It seems like everything is starting to come together...but a lot faster then I thought. Very interesting times we living in.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Iran already has the ability to build nuclear weapons. They do not need Syria's help, but they do need Syria's help if they go to war with USA and Israel. They were ready in August, but are they running the plants for nuclear bombs? Who knows.

Iran removed United Nations seals to make its Isfahan uranium processing plant fully functional on Wednesday, despite international pressure to suspend all uranium enrichment.
CBC

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
like.. I dont want to pick a fight or anything.. but of couse they are going to say something like that... I mean... America has been doing its hardest to set this place up so that the world will turn against it, just look at the cold war. Those idiots acted like they didnt know what was going on in all the countries they were "helping". This is a general responce to the main post by the way.

-fm

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Iran cannot make nukes yet this is fact.

Secondly yes the United states is doing eveyrthing they can to set up Iran.But this claim also pulls in North korea yet again and possibly Pakistan.Lets face it we all already know that Syria will step up to bat to help iran,so no big shocker there.

The shocker lies here.

-The U.S can now and most likely will claim Iran is further along then anyone thought(wether false or true.

-What the hell are we gonna do with N.Korea now,I mean they really did have nukes.YET AGAIN we trusted them and gave them the money we were holding.What are poeple in Washington even paid for.Commen sense morons.

-Possiblity of Pakistan being involved somehow.

-Possibility that N.Korea gave Iran actual nukes and thats why Iran has been so foolishy brave in the face of the United States.

-This most surely will be a key factor in helping to rush this war to us.

I think most everyone expected a war with iran for some years now.However I think only a select few really understand the big picture.All I can say is this will be nothing like Iraq,and could very well spark WW3.

Everythingyouknowisalie,first time i actually read your name.I like it,can't believe you got all that to fit heh

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i think it's more like N Korea moving their nuclear processing to Syria,
rather than 'helping' Syria develop their own WMD infrastructure.

N.K. has set up a atomic processing 'franchise' there, and probably
is going to 'pay' Syria with the more advanced missiles that N.K. have.

i'd also guess that N.K. will 'sell'radioactive material to rogue states and orgs. which could then construct 'dirty bombs', from that Syrian 'franchise' materials

Andrew Semmel,
the Zangger Committee.
International Atomic Energy Agency,
ITDB, Illicit Trafficking Data Base

all have a network of 'eyes', some 96 countries
(and dozens of NGOs) watching & tracking
all sorts of stuff, atomic, nuclear, chemical etc

www.iaea.org...
the report does not name names, but Andrew Semmels' statement
gives us an indication of who is doing what & where...
(this is one aspect of the 'good side' of a Big Brother social order)

[edit on 15-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Interesting link,I never knew about all that wow.

I don't know where i stand on what the real deal is,but I'm pretty sure i know what our goverment is going to tell us.I bet they will say these are helping Iran,and that Irans progress may be further along than we suspected.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's the way George!! SPIN it first then attack. Show the data-source supporting your words too, it's a simple matter of not trusting anything you say Mr Bush. Credibility?, in my judgement book you lost it a long-time-ago Mr Bush.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This pretty much means the US has the "right" to go into all there countries, doesn't it?

I'm too just waiting every day to hear they're going to strike Iran now. WWIII very likely.

[edit on 15/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dallas Well said,I completely agree.

NuclearPaul,I to wake up everday and first thing I do is check the usual sources to see if it started yet.Sad when thats the way you start your day.

join