It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big brother can hear you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3_Libras

YA you would welcome them, do you think they want you! your just there cattle!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Once again you make yourself look foolish. I cant wait for cameras on every corner of the street...I get all giggly thinking about the better world we'll be living in.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What was this thread about?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Um, I have a police scanner that can pick up phone frequncies. If I have one then there are many others out there that have them. Almost all phones are not encrypted and anything and can be picked up by anyone. Even land lines at some point will be shot through the air. Do you really think that there is a phone line connection from your house to say....Tokyo? But, you can make a call to someone there on your land phone. Chill out, the money and resources needed to tap everyone would be insane. They can barely do the job that they are tasked with as it is. If someone in the government wants to listen to your convorsation then you must have raised some eyebrows in high places. If your not doing anything wrong then chill out about it, what exactly are you talking about on your phone that would cause such a reaction? lmao

As for the mic thing...that is also something that can be done by anyone. Hacking bluetooth is a huge problem. Ive seen people (SEEN them with my own eyes) make phone calls on other peoples phone by hacking through a bluetooth wireless link with their phone, and Ive seen people do many other things that you might not believe with bluetooth .Besides, what could a person hear when your phone is in your pocket? It hard enough to get signals and to keep conversations going when the cell phone is being used properly.

There are many more privacy issues out their that are way more harmful to you than this.

Edited-forgot to talk about the mic.

[edit on 14/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Pfeil, I tried the same thing with a different approach, and all I got was "But what if they listen to you have phone sex with your boyfriend"

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

NOTHING, why is everyone getting at that??? i have nothing to hide, its the fact that this is america and its BS that they can invade our privacy like that!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Oh thats another thing I forgot to mention, you think its privary invasion is a new scheme invented by the big bad men behind the New World order who wait to make your their slave? Im not even from the US, and clearly I know more about the country you feel so deeply about saving from all the phone tappers out there. Its nothing new, now its just legal. Deal with it.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This has potential to be quite a real freedom stomper.

Computers can be programmed to recognize keywords routed through communications Hubs.

This means even if you were to say to your friend "that's the bomb!!" your looking at the possibility of now being monitored here forth.

There would not be the need for individual manpower listening to each phone individually except to review what was captured automatically.

And to those not concerned....maybe you should get a life and then you could be interesting too.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbearpig
reply to post by Pfeil

NOTHING, why is everyone getting at that??? i have nothing to hide, its the fact that this is america and its BS that they can invade our privacy like that!

I think the point your missing is that, your not safe from ANYONE. Anyone can get your information. Just look at all the computers that have been stolen from military bases, some with vital informaion about military personel. Computers being stolen from hospitals. Credit card companies being hacked. Everytime you fill out any kind of job application you have to give all your critical information, whose to say the person you give that information to wont use it for themselves. Anytime you make a phone call, ANYONE can pick it up. Your computer, no matter how protected you may think it is, can be breached and information can be taken off of it.

The point is, cell phones are just a extremely small part of a greater privacy invasion issue, there are way more and much bigger privcy issues at hand.

Also notice that this was from FOX "news". They got you worked up didnt they. Those darn cell phones! The govenment is listening to me. Tell everyone you know! They just look at you like your friggen insane. The FBI is listening to me through my sattelite dish also! Where is my tin foil hat!? Honestly, what are the chances the government is listening to anyone on the off chance that they may have there cell phone nearby and to catch someone doing anything illegal or just to see what someone is talking about. There are much more effective, cheaper, easier ways to bust intos someone personal life and get the information they need.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
This has potential to be quite a real freedom stomper.

Computers can be programmed to recognize keywords routed through communications Hubs.

This means even if you were to say to your friend "that's the bomb!!" your looking at the possibility of now being monitored here forth.

There would not be the need for individual manpower listening to each phone individually except to review what was captured automatically.

And to those not concerned....maybe you should get a life and then you could be interesting too.

That brings up a really good point. Think about all the slang and everyday words that some people use, not just in everyday life, but also in a workplace setting, that would raise flags. The Gov. would be chasing millions of people because of things people say, like you brought up. "Thats the bomb." Its totally not effective. Think about all the wargames and website and forums for games where people use the word bomb, kill, die. Counterstrike is the worst, they use all of these and even terrorist and many others. The Gov. would never be able to get out of the game forums. lmao Just look at this post. Ive raised many red flag probably.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The idea of simply to many sources to be followed up on is logical.

I had in mind a sort of Matrix of wordage that could categorize the levels of suspicion based on continued dialogue records.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Interesting... The FBI is resorting to hacking into phones now.. I always wondered if they could activate the camera inside a phone as well. Theres just something creepy about these devices like the apple monitor which has a camera built in. I guess if they can remotely enable the mic, why not the camera?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A thread on this already exists. Please contribute there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join