It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I turn off telepathy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Learn to shield yourself. Make a shield and program it to filter any forgein thoughts that might be coming towards you. You can also do the same for empathy.

Psi Pog
Psion Guild

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Valedamar

well like i can sense what other ppl are feeling and u were talking bout a friend being depressed well a matter of fact my friend was too and like i felt really sad when he was with this group of friends and me but when he left i felt alot better idk its just really weird

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DeusEx

Because unless its your problem you can't understand but for some people it is more than they are ready or willing to handle.

It should be possible to turn off often times something as simple as stress can be a great factor in making your telepathic abilities weaker.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There is no proof of telepathy, so obviously no-one knows if it even exists, let alone if it can be turned off.

Your question is like asking if an X-Wing fighter comes with a 10-CD autochanger in the trunk.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, King of Condescension, who the hell needs a 10 CD changer rack when you have a droid at the back that can't even speak English?

You question semantics and they play you like a CD. Then you realise that you're going to get listened to once and then youre going to get scratched badly and thrown in the glove compartment. Which I will assume is in the X Wing fighter.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by maynardsthirdeye

Because it is bad when you are doing it and having everyone's thoughts going through your head PLUS YOURS!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

be leached by a psi-vamp.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by DeusEx

It should be possible to turn off often times something as simple as stress can be a great factor in making your telepathic abilities weaker.

Funny a few people on this thread have mentioned "stress makes telepathic abilities weaker" and maybe I am a bit of an enigma but it was often during heightened states of stress and therefore awareness - I became conscious of my psychic abilities ?? Heightened states of emotional stress combined with will power and an unknown component are the perfect catalysts - not only for telepathy but also for manifesting thoughts. But I have also been told by someone my technique is unhealthy and dangerous ??

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

I dont believe you can switch the telepathic function off ???

Human beings have five senses: sight, sound, taste, touch, smell. These five senses combined will react to certain stimuli which in turn triggers a response ( Instinct) . What are instincts ???? We often call them Gut Instincts !!! Gut Instincts = intuition - gifts of prophecy , second sight - psychic skills - healing. All terms indicating our human ability to perceive information and energy beyond three dimensions. This is an elaborate, sensitive and intricate system.

Instincts - intuition although underdeveloped in many, are, inherited fixed action patterns of responses or reactions to certain kinds of stimuli.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'd give anything for telepathy... fine tune it, then you can control it. It would be better to try to control it than to ignore it and have this power well up inside of you... not to sound too X-men super-hero-ish

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

No such thing as telepathy? lol

Not only is there telepathy, but also there is mind control. I like to refer to individuals whose minds are being controlled as zombies.

There is some really bad stuff going around... we can only hope it doesn't reach the highest levels of our own government. Did you ever watch the Manchurian Candidate?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
There is no proof of telepathy, so obviously no-one knows if it even exists, let alone if it can be turned off.

Because there is no hard scientific proof of telepathy doesn't automatically mean no-one knows if it even exists.

Let me tell you that people who are telepathic or are close to someone who is have all the proof they need.

Fortunately science is beginning to accept the possibility that this phenomenon is indeed very real.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I know what you're going through. I don't like it either. When I first "noticed" it, I thought I was going insane. I can't cut off the empathy. The telepathy is still uncontrolled and occurs at random times, but the empathy I have total control over. It's very strange when I am able to control the "energy" of a room, when I'm not even talking. I call it energy, I'm not sure what to call it. Consciousness?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to I am being totured from the other person through telepathypost by Valedamar

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes, empathy and telepathy can be controlled and you can in fact learn to block it out completely. I'm not saying I recommend that course of action, but it can be done.

As was mentioned previously (as in several years ago now) in this thread, given a bit of time and effort you can learn to tune things out -- a filter of sorts, if you can imagine it that way. I'm empathic, and I had to learn to rein all of that in when I was dating a girl in Greenwich Village a decade or so ago. I took a bus into NYC to see her the first time and while we were headed to the subway to go back to her place from Port Authority, I was almost in anguish from the flood of thoughts and emotions swirling around me in the packed terminal. When two trains came in on rails under us at the subway station, the sudden rush of energy and emotion of all those people just about dropped me to my knees.

It was overwhelming, but given time I learned to control it better. For me, it was a matter of learning to focus my attentions and actively pull back my senses. I used her as the focus for my thoughts, and she helped me out a lot. Eventually I could unconsciously alter the level of sensitivity I had to the emotions around us. I can't say it was always easy though.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Could you imagine what it would be like to never be alone. What if you could get rid of telepathy. Imagine what it is like for someone who has it. Wouldn't they want to only be sad when they are sad. To only feel pain when they are hurt. And to have friends like everyone else because they would not know what everyone really thinks. And too many minds in one room is too much for them. Imagine for a moment what it would be like for someone who has telepathy. People always calling them crazy. And they have no peace. Sure music and a pair of head phones is always a plus. But it would be completly nerve racking. Imagine what it is like when they loose control of their emotions. And and focus too much. They could possibly start a fire out of no where. People could get hurt when you don't know how to exert control over your own mind. The human mind has endless possiblities and once you know who you are, and what you can do the world is never the same. If you were a telepath I think that it would be scary. And there should be a place for people like that to learn about themselves and learn control. And to learn how to have peace within themselves before they go mad. Some people like the thought of being an "X-Men" But I think at times it would be cruel and unusual punishment. Telepathy when out of control feels like a multiple personality disorder gone bad. Who wants to harness that. If your not the one dealing with Telepathy. Then you just have no idea the torment and chaos. I think it would be fabulous to know if there was really a cure out there. Keep me posted...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
People keep talking about shields and blocking. You would think if we knew what that was we wouldn't be seeking the answer to Can you turn off telepathy... And as far as stress making you weaker minded. It just doesn't It actually takes away focus and control. Once the mind seems bombarded and put on "overload" you have no control over your actions. It's chaos. And you want to escape but have no where to run. Your head is attached to your body. And once the mind is open to focus and have one developed ability. You will be endless to what you are capable of. It can be scary when you discover the power of your own mind. In the 4th or 5th grade not sure which I was able to float a pencil a foot off of my desk. When someone got scared I didn't know how to respond and I threw the pencil through a wall never once toching it with my hands. The kids were so mean they called me a witch and threatened to burn me. I have exerted control ever since. But as I get older and seek more knowledge I tend to have more uncontroled accidents. There really isn't anywhere to turn to. And I don't want to be exploited as some circus freak. I just want to know why I am this way and how can I be normal like everyone else. I hide my mind as much as possible I hate being laughed at. It's hard enough just knowing that people really don't like you. The isolation is rough, but for the most part necessary to have some kind of peace of mind. Some one please explain any exercises used to block these abilities. Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
Okay, nobody really responded to my question if I can turn off my empathy, so I'm either assuming that the folks here hate me, or it can't be done. I'm hoping it's the latter.... Anyway, I realized that my telepathic spurts are worse than empathy; I can deffinatly live with empathy. Is there any way to stop being telepathic?

The ability to turn it off and on is refining.

Consciousness is a mindset. Just like vision. If you are looking with your eyes on a sceene with many items and distances and you don't focus your eyes at one place or thing you tend to see everything. This can be disturbing and confusing.

Conscious mind set is like vision. You have to pick what you focus upon. If you choose to focus on those things within the time/space of shared reality perception then this is what will be within the forground of your conscious perceptual abilities and this will dampin the background unfocused upon items. Over time you can choose to see what it is you want to see.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Its not about turning it off, the question should be more about being at choice.

To go into trance by choice follow these three simple steps

1 Simply notice
2 Play with options
3 Be in process

For more info go to the library or bookstore and pick up a copy of the gremlin taming method by Richard Carson.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Get out the tinfoil. Make yourself a hat. In the event the hat doesn't work... upgrade to a helmet.

Hope this helps your problem....

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join