It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we do...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
...about North Korea?

I was just wondering what some of you extreme idealists would do about North Korea. Something has to be done. They have nukes, they said so. They have claimed to have re-started their nuclear program, and have been making bomb-grade plutonium for some time now.

The North Koreans have always been known as what some like to call Death Merchants. They sell weapons of all kinds to anyone who can buy. Some disgruntled idiot with a lot of cash could easily send a large portion of unliked realtry into the stone age.

I don't like the idea of military force on this one, they would use their nukes if given the opportunity. Foriegn policy doesn't seem to have much of an effect either.

Any suggestions, I'm just curious. I can't think of anything myself.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Was this before or after Bush called Kim Jong Ill a pygmy?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
pygmy? I'm not sure what you mean. I was just reading some news and the North Korea threat seems to have been here for a while.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It intensified after Bush refused to continue talks with N. Korea and when Bush called Kim a pygmy.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well, I don't remember hearing that, but it was stupid to discontinue talks. Eventhough talks don't work very well, it doesn't hurt to try.

If Kim Jong Ill is doing this for personal reasons against Bush, that's just sad. Why wage a war for personal reasons?

I can see North Korea launching a nuke sometime in the near future.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
He is crazy. You can never leave a crazy man to his own devices. You have to keep talks up which Bush refused to do.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't see the logic in stopping the talks. Even if they weren't working. Why stop trying? I won't defend Bush on this one, that was a bad move.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I believe bush is being a man on this issue. Everyone knows that NK is goin to be smoldering ashes if they use nukes, it's meerly a tool to trade to get their own way like more funding from other countries and for someone to listen to the crazy midget running the country. Bush saw this and called his bluff saying that we will cut more funding and we are NOT going to be threatened by your nuclear posturing. On principal this is a great move, TOO MANY countries have done this kind of dance and it's time to draw a line. Even the crazy midget is not THAT crazy.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When was Bush ever a "man" about ANYTHING?

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It only makes sense to refuse to deal with someone who is extorting you. You only reinforce negative behaviour if you do otherwise. Let me guess....Your a Bush hater!? I Bet if old "Wild Bill the Bigomist" had done the same thing you would have thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A bygamist is a man married to several women.

tr

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"The North Koreans have always been known as what some like to call death merchants." -JoeHayner

Then why, unless the posts are incorrect, was Donald Rumsfeld working for a company that sold them Nuclear plant plans or materials just five years ago?

Do you care to explain ?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Then why, unless the posts are incorrect, was Donald Rumsfeld working for a company that sold them Nuclear plant plans or materials just five years ago?

I never said the US wasn't classified under the same thing. You see, we're just idiots though. The US is the biggest arms dealer in the world. A lot of what they sell gets shot right back at 'em. So, actually I think they'd be classified as 'Suicide Death Merchants'. I think it's pretty humerous, but I have a strange sense of humor. Don't try to blame it on the Republicans, the Democrats have had their share of it too.(think WW1)

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I see... we are like reinforcing wavelengths, you and I.
With all of Hitlers actions and speaking of Christian beliefs, I bet he has not helped Christ spread his Gospel. Christ in NO way was like Hitler.
That's a good way to really destroy Christ's credibility. I see alot of posts that talk of how religions start wars. Really anyone who starts a war is not a Christian or a Moslem, or anything Holy or precious. Alot of people try to USE religion to gain support. There are stupid Christians. There are stupid Muslims. People who profit by war need all the stupid help they can get.
That's what angers me about the war on drugs, too. We never seem to have less drugs. It seems to really be more about a war to control drug Money. Like when the US gave the taliban 43 million bucks to stop poppy production. The taliban did it. Then we attacked afghanistan and said they only stopped poppy production to drive up the prices of the opium they had in their warehouses.
Now there is like 1000 times as much poppy growing there as there was before. I saw OLLIE NORTH on tv at the airport huffing and puffing after a blitzkreig hike into those mountains after the attack. Man, I swear he looked like he was on speed that day (on tv) He was excited, for sure. No proof, just suspicion- that guy is dirty.
...You know, if the police were really trying to wipe out pot use in the usa, they wouldn't sell pot with seeds in it, their informants and undercover agents do this all the time. And don't think they always immediately bust people who they sell it to.
If you think I'm getting off subject, let me compare trhis to Rummy selling Nuclear plant stuff to North Korea. And calling Kim a pygmy and breaking off talks. Hmmm definetely sounds like a warmonger(Bush).
Remember too, that Saddam offered to debate Bush but Bush refused. Now that was really stupid, because he could have agreed to the meeting and used it for a bust. But then no one would ever talk to a president about peace again (so I'm surprised he didn't do it.)
Also, another method to catch saddam without attacking the whole country of Iraq would have been to
send one of the former arms merchants to saddam promising a nuke for sale. then trapping him. It's obviously apparent that Bush wanted to have a profitable war.
If the apocalyptic battle in the bible is a war against Christians, no better way to stir up the world against religion than by repeatedly having some supposed Christian like Hitler or Bush kill people around the world witha cross around hisr neck. (or on his military uniform)

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by tr]

new topics

top topics

join