It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

104 year old parrot belonged to Winston Churchill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
British Prime Minister Winston Churchhill's parot may have turned up. Charlie, a blue and yellow macaw,who was reported to have used many profanities in describing Adolf Hitler in WWII may be in a garden centre in Reigate, Surrey.

His owner, Peter Oram, claims his father-in-law Percy Dabner sold Charlie to the future war leader at his Croydon pet shop in 1937 and later took the bird back after Sir Winston?s death in 1965.

Click Here for Article

````````````````````````
title spelling edit

[edit on 17/5/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
He he, I heard about this on the radio the other days. Apparently the bird still pipes up with "Ba**ard Natzis" from time to time, which Mr. Churchill taught it.

It's funny to think your pets might outlive you.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Macaws live that long??? It thought it was 60 years max...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I remember hearing that on the news. They said them damn birds can live up to 110 years.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wow they can out live Humans??? and its only a bloody birds lol maybe we can learn something from it.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Why don't they try to talke to these birds anyways?

I guess they are too stupid?

In this case the bird is smart he outlived most of those people that he did his monologue for...

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I want a bird like that!!!

just kidding

Birds are meant to be free not in cages!!

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I want a bird like that!!!

just kidding

Birds are meant to be free not in cages!!

So are humans. But you don't see us being free, do you... if you think you do, look again.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Cocatoos can live up to 160 years. People leave them in their wills as "family heirlooms".

Also, living long has nothing to do with being smart, just that your biology doesn't experience entropy as quickly.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a quaker parrot that is free to roam in my house. Quakers have an average lifespan of 30-40 years. He can speak a few words, but prefers "Birdie"/"Pretty Birdie".

You'd be surprised at the amount of words some birds learn to speak and their actual comprehension of those words. They're not as stupid as some of you may think.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

So are humans. But you don't see us being free, do you... if you think you do, look again.

personally I believe humans are trapped in a cage called reality in which they work 9-5 jobs, buy houses, cars and other material things and spend the rest of their lives working to pay for these things. That is only part of the cage...the other part is the cage of religion, which dictates how they live their lives.

however, we are still free to an extent...no one has locked me up in my house yet, I am free to leave my "cage", which I have done on many occasions...but birds should not be kept in cages in people homes as pets. dogs and cats make good pets not birds.

(i understand the ones in zoos, to keep extinction from happening etc, etc, but I am talking about birds as pets)

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I saw that bird on TV. No way it's 100.

The African Congo (all grey) has the longest lifespan (and vocabulary) of any bird. 75 years.

If that talking parrot is 100, it's an alien and no normal bird.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow this is an ancient thread...

Any updates on this? Looks like it may have been debunked -

Charlie (parrot)

top topics

join