It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just watched Ron Paul get shredded by 'Orilley, is he the right guy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lar Janus
this is the problem with unrestrained "democracy", "one man, one vote" thinking; people who have very little interest in current events/politics and an even weaker grasp on civics/liberty and economics get to decide policy for the rest of us.

Holy crap, had to post a few points:

1) We aren't a democracy (nor should we WANT it) and it's annoying it keeps being said.

2) We are by no means unrestrained, hence the electoral college, to balance against just such uneducated people. When it was drafted, people were ignorant from lack of schooling.

Now they are ignorant from lack of caring, despite schooling (worth isn't great anyway).

3) Rule number 1 of sociology and politics. People are stupid. Period.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
reply to post by hoochymama

You tell 'em Hoochie Mama! As we say in Texas; Sunday dinner's on the table, bring it on, wheeeee doggies!! [she says with drum roll on desk]
(or is that what we said in NC? darn transplants! never can get it right!)

[edit on 9/12/2007 by janasstar]

I think that would be Texas!! I live in NC and I don't say that haha.

Don't ever trust Fox News because their nothing but neo cons who is trying to discredit Ron Paul since he's against the NAU.

They don't want all their hard work undone By Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

reply to post by hoochymama

You tell 'em Hoochie Mama! As we say in Texas; Sunday dinner's on the table, bring it on, wheeeee doggies!! [she says with drum roll on desk]
(or is that what we said in NC? darn transplants! never can get it right!)

I think that would be Texas!! I live in NC and I don't say that haha.

Don't ever trust Fox News because their nothing but neo cons who is trying to discredit Ron Paul since he's against the NAU.

They don't want all their hard work undone By Ron Paul.

Don't act too uppity with me, Carolina, I was born and raised there most of my life, I was a real life foot-hillbilly.

They pronounce the city of Cherryville as churrville and Gastonia is Gastoney.(however, Mom wouldn't let us mispronounce words, or she would slap our teef down our froats). Now, back on topic, go Ron Paul! Smartest man in America!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Thanks for posting the videos... O'rly is a joke, he is becomeing what he used to fight.

RP: Our invasition or Iraq has made Iran more powerful.
O'rly: Hmm debatleable

Can anyone say one point were Iran is less powerful in the region compered with 5 years ago.

and...
O'rly: Iran may have nuculear weapons...
RP: Pakistain HAS nucuelar Weapons.
O'rly: THey dont matter yet, FEAR IRAN

O'rly doesn't want to hear it, he would rather push an adgenda of fear and misunderstading.

O'rly: 'We don't need a history lession'
No bill, thats is why we are dommed to repeat it, because you already know everything.

even better....

RP: we let Osma espace, and get away in Afganistan, i don't like the way we are running that war...
O'rly: Well thats what happens in war....

Wroung O'rly. You idiot, what good of war if we let our targets retreat, abd live another day, what idiotic doctrine is that under??? No. War is killing, war is dropping bombs on you enemy as they run away into the mountains to hide, we are not supossed to lets them run away, thats not war, that letting your enemy go for political purposes.

What a crazy bastard Ron Paul is
... saying things like defend our boarders, and defend our country and protect the american way...
...Whats next... is he going to say we should follow some old peice of paper? Yea ROn Paul isn't worth 2 Amero's.

And, on the country being a supposed democracy, it is amazing that even though people have said the pledge of aligence 1000's of times they miss this time
'.... United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which is stands...'

We are not a democracy, we are not ruled by majority rule, or mob rule, WE as a nation, ARE a consitutional Democracy. That is it. That is what America is, that is the means in which we are goverenved, and anything more then governing by that, isthe process of dostrying the puropse of that document, and the glory of this nation.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ron Paul did not get shredded, Orilley asks questions and doesn't let the guest expound on their answer. The only thing Olilley allows for is soundbytes, Ron Paul should have known that before he went on; give the simplest, most plain obtuse response as possible, and then if prompted talk about how you would fix said problem. Ofcourse this is not how problems are solved in the real world, and intelligent people don't rationalize that way, however in our current climate of non-debates and short attention spans, only trite responses are seen as being presidential. Aldoph Giuliani has this technique down pat.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Now, back on topic, go Ron Paul! Smartest man in America!

You have got to be kidding me. If RP seems like the smartest man in America to you, YOU should not be allowed to vote. I believe the minimum mandatory IQ should be 100 to be ALLOWED to vote...sadly you may be left out, what a pity.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus

Now, back on topic, go Ron Paul! Smartest man in America!

You have got to be kidding me. If RP seems like the smartest man in America to you, YOU should not be allowed to vote. I believe the minimum mandatory IQ should be 100 to be ALLOWED to vote...sadly you may be left out, what a pity.

It might scare you to know that when I was tested before entering college, my IQ was 169. Want to get married? I could help lead you around by the nose, cutie.
(Allow me to say, there are other smarts than IQ ratings, and Ron Paul has them where it counts!)

[edit on 9/13/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus

Why is it when I mention marriage, thay all run away? LOL!
Maybe Ron Paul will get a divorce and marry me!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyvelder

um... you have it backwards. o'reilly got himself ripped a new one by ron paul...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Imagine that! Someone who styles themselves as some sort of Caesar or something wanting to decide who should or shouldn't vote. Careful there maximus, you're stepping on your own d***.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by joeyvelder

um... you have it backwards. o'reilly got himself ripped a new one by ron paul...

Just so. Despite Shill O'really's shouting, interruptions and misrepresentations, RP acquitted himself quite well as always. I particularly appreciated RP showing his inner steel when BO falsely accused him of being against the invasion of Afghanistan. BO then shrugged off his error with a s*** eating grin, showing his absolute contempt for the facts.

If this is the best the anti RP crowd can do, you should just give up now.

Shredded.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

you must not have read my entire opening post. i was actually hoping RP would come back strong against O'rielly after Hannitty punked him out after the debate, so there i was cheering for him and unfortunately he came across as a flustered, confused old man, just like in the debate and just like with Hannitty. I was hoping we had a true leader and sadly, i found him utterly lacking in every respect.
thank you for your post.
JM

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
reply to post by resistor

you must not have read my entire opening post. i was actually hoping RP would come back strong against O'rielly after Hannitty punked him out after the debate, so there i was cheering for him and unfortunately he came across as a flustered, confused old man, just like in the debate and just like with Hannitty. I was hoping we had a true leader and sadly, i found him utterly lacking in every respect.
thank you for your post.
JM

Talk about, open mouth, insert foot! You really did it, this time, Maximus! Just can't quit while you're ahead, huh?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How did Ron Paul punk out, he was not given a chance to answer. How is he crazy, in what views? He believes that we have been involved in their governments secretly as well as had bases and bombing and killing over in their holy lands and that is why they want to kill us. Not because we are free and if anyone really believes that you are very gullible. What would you be doing if China invaded the U.S. and was doing what we are over there? Would you not take pot shots at the occupiers? You would then be a terrorist. I do not believe any Americans should die and I will give my life for this country, but not for someone else's agenda. Look at the troops, RP got the most donations on the GOP side, they agree with him as well. They want to come home. Iraq was not threat to the US national security and there was no terrorists there before we got there and that is our own CIA stating this. Iran is not a threat to our national security either, their beef is with Israel and they can defend themselves. Why is he crazy for wanting to follow the law of the land, our founders warned us of everything that has happened today, look at their quotes. We are a great country and need to lead by example again, not by force. We never had to before. If we are attacked, by all means, declare war and kick ass but this was in undeclared, if we choose to ignore the constitution how can we call ourselves the United States any longer? Do we not stand for that any more, do we now stand for everything we fought against in WW2? Just asking? I like other views. There are crazies in every religion and we are not even 100% sure about 9/11 and that is from the 9/11 commissioner. It is American to ask questions. We do not need to give up our freedom, do not wave your rights with your flag. Do not fight amongst ourselves, it gives them power. It is not about Republican or Democrat, look at their records and integrity, I do not agree 100% with him but he is the best candidate there.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Oh, I read your entire first post, that’s just not the one I was replying to, as I think you well know. I was replying to your insinuation that js is mentally deficient, and perhaps should not be allowed to vote. But since you reiterated your previous statements, allow me to retort. Frankly, I don’t believe for a second that anyone who actually wishes RP well as you claim to, and has watched his many media appearances would use adjectives like punked, flustered or confused old man. In short, I think you’re a fraud. Just like the gun grabbers who claim to be hunters while denying that the second amendment applies to individuals, etc. You’re not doing yourself any favors with this subterfuge you know. Just state your opinions plainly without false representations and let the arena of ideas sort it all out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join