It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

www.thenewspaper.com

A motorist who refused to discuss his personal business with a St. George, Missouri police officer was threatened with arrest last Friday. Brett Darrow, 20, no stranger to unconventional encounters with police, caught a St. George Police Sergeant named Kenline stating that he had the power to invent charges that would put Darrow behind bars.

"Try and talk back... to me again," yelled Sergeant Kenline. "I bet I could say you resisted arrest or something. You want to come up with something? I come up with nine things."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What a nutcase! It's strange how the police officer's story changes completely once he knows that he's been caught on camera. He clearly threatens to destroy the evidence, and even tries to plot it with his backup. He is impeded by the fact that the video goes to a secure source.

He is eventually forced to give up.

A full transcript is available at the source below.

www.thenewspaper.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/10/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The video;
WARNING: Excessive use of Explicit Language!

Google Video Link

And his description;

This happened in a speed trap town in Missouri called St. George with only a few officers that think they have more power than they really do. This happened outside of their jurisdiction and they have no police powers, except for felonies in progress, where they stopped me, according to state law.

The commuter lot is open 24 hours a day and can be confirmed by calling 1-888-Ask-MoDOT.

You can see me pass the officer at :08 seconds as he nearly blocks the road as he sits waiting for the next car without license plate lights to come by.

You'll hear this officer tell me he'll make up "9 different charges" including resisting arrest before he has even tried to arrest me. You'll hear him say how I didn't use my turn signal and I was weaving when the video clearly proves him wrong.

I truly thought if I didn't suck up, I would be beaten and maybe killed.

I think the officers last name is Sgt. Kenline, but I am not sure on the spelling, if you know for sure, please email me.

Please excuse the clicking in the video.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Any word on what happened to the cop? Did he get arrested? Lose his badge?

It's because of jerks like this that cops are often called 'pigs'. 99% make the rest look bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I would hope they do get this guy off of the force, but i wouldn't hold my breath. This particular department seems to have a clearly established pattern of behavior, which is why this kid always has a camera.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
It's because of jerks like this that cops are often called 'pigs'. 99% make the rest look bad.

did you mean 1% make the other 99% look bad?

or that 99% of cops are bad?

or possibly that .99% of cops make the other 99.01% look bad?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
!!! are you kidding me!! this cop say's he's been an officer for more then 20 years.... how many times has he done [crap] like this in them 20 years!! and i know most people wll say,"just because one cop acts like this dont mean they all do" that might be true,but more times then few,most are -snip- like this freak.

he has no right to be called a public protector... this is america though.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ringo_shells

I think his original statement was fairly accurate.

This guy's the rule, not the exception. A culture that is infested with corruption.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Dude.
Post here what happens next.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can provide so many examples of power-hungry a-hole cops. I have been pushed around for stepping on the curb the wrong way during a parade. I have been searched and detained constantly since I started driving. I drive very well and have no convictions on my record, but cops seem to have it out for me. They run the serial numbers from my stereo, they ask about my personal life, question me about where I keep my guns or drugs in the car. I say that the majority of the cops I have come in contact with are exactly like the guy in this video. Trying to make a boring job exciting... and being a royal f-ing a-hole in the process. you lose.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
is there anyway to write the department he's apart of?i tried to find them on the web,but it seems like the P.D. is without a web site.

i would really like to see what is going to happen to this cop,it has my blood running hot....

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i did something stupid in my college days that got me arrested. one thing i noticed is that i was never read my rights and they were asking questions. i accepted that i was in the wrong so i didn't push the issue, but if i recall it's absolutely necessary for them to at least ask you if you understand your rights. when we got to the station they started out looking for more charges to throw at me until they realized that i'm actually a normal person that did something stupid. so yeah, i can't speak for all cops but the ones i dealt with also seemed to have a hint of this type of behavior.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
OK, this one is tricky. First off, the cop stepped over the boundary of civility without a doubt, but has anyone ever tried to talk to a smartass before. They're always thinking of the next thing to say, NEVER listening. This kid obviously has had prior issues with authority, he said so himself. The city "paid" him not to sue.

The cop should be repremanded to a degree, but certainly shouldn't lose his job. The kid was parking in a dark parking lot at night. There's nothing wrong with the cop seeing what's up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What can I say? Power corrupts. The same sort of BS happens in Malaysia, although on much wider scale. You guys are lucky, the percentage is still probably not as high.

Google search for keywords police malaysia, you'll see what I mean on the first page. I despise the cops here more than neocons, because the neocons don't affect me directly.

Edit to add: but if you're white, you've nothing to worry. The pigs here are still stuck in their colonial mindset, they'll worship the ground you walk on.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i am so tired of the police man...
i got leaned on again saturday....tired of it

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The kid was parking in a dark parking lot at night. There's nothing wrong with the cop seeing what's up.

Wow, did you watch the video? From your response I'll assume you haven't.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with the cop seeing what's up, but the video speaks for itself. Seeing "whats up" was definitely not the cops only intention, and I firmly believe that the kid would have been arrested, at the very least, had it not been made clear that the video was being fed to a secure source. The cops tone changed dramatically once that little bit of information came out.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh I watched the whole thing. It's just a difference of opinion.

Did I miss the part where the kid said why he was driving around with a camera on? I know it's his right as an American citizen and all, I'm just asking.

Peace

apc

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Man, that transcript is really worth a read.

These cops keep it up and they can't be surprised when riots start breaking out again.

We need national conduct audits for all police and sheriff departments.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Yeah, nip the problem in the bud before it gets out of hand and causes more disgrace. Once it's out of hand, once it becomes the culture, you'll be fighting an uphill battle. Speaking from my own experience in a country where the cops are worse than the triads.

Edit: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Arm yourselves.

Often on this board we feel that cameras are a weapon against us. The truth is they are a weapon for the people too.
Videos like this are becoming more frequent because we carry cameras. Go do a YouTube search for Police brutality. It is our only defense against those in positions of power who wish to abuse that power.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join