It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Passengers Die on British Airline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Has this one been posted yet? It's rather strange, isn't it? People just dropping dead for no apparent reason?

LONDON -- British airline authorities say the deaths of three people on two Miami-London flights in the past two days are not related.

A 19-year-old British woman died Monday on board a Virgin Atlantic flight from Miami to London's Heathrow Airport, the airline said.

A day earlier, two passengers on a British Airways flight from Miami to Heathrow died, including one from suspected viral meningitis.

www.nbc6.net...
www.news4jax.com...
www.bradenton.com...

[Edited on 1-19-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That's just crazy. People dropping dead!?!?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
if you've eaten airline food you'd understand

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've been on many, many air flights. I know what you mean.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
But seriously i've eaten alot of ailine food as well and i'm alive... it has to have something to do withthe Miami-London link... or its a coincidence... does anyone know if it was the same plane involved in both cases or were they seperate planes?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
could it of been blood clots? i heard that theres something that will cause a blood clot in the knees from all that sitting and when you stand up it will move into the lungs or brain, and that why people take asprin before they get on long flights

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Deep Vein Thrombosis... if that were so, it's an amazingly high occurence.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
im not flying on british airways

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
if you've eaten airline food you'd understand

So, will you be having the chicken or the chicken?

Even if it is deep vein thrombosis, that still doesn't explain someone even attempting to board an international flight with viral menengitis. That's not one of those things you casually catch and don't know about, if you follow me.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero

Even if it is deep vein thrombosis, that still doesn't explain someone even attempting to board an international flight with viral menengitis. That's not one of those things you casually catch and don't know about, if you follow me.

No, it's not. Especially when you're at the point where you're going to die hours after boarding.

I'm doubting it was DVT at all, but could a blood clot form and separate that rapidly?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr

LONDON -- British airline authorities say the deaths of three people on two Miami-London flights in the past two days are not related.

A 19-year-old British woman died Monday on board a Virgin Atlantic flight from Miami to London's Heathrow Airport, the airline said.

19?!? what the hell did she die of?

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The most cramped conditions I have ever experienced on a 747 were on a British Airways flight from London to New York. The seating configuration was ridiculous. The length of my femur (pelvis to knee) literally could not fit between my seat and the seat in front.

I got an upgrade, and when I asked the stewardess how this could possibly be acceptable policy, she said "Yes we get a lot of complaints about that".

I had a relative on the same extended trip who arrived home and found he had DVT some weeks later.

Anyway, the perils of traveling in cramped tin pencil-like objects with rotten air conditioning are bad enough without having to be concerned about lax security and potential hijackers on board.

In 100 years people will look at 20th century and early 21st century long haul flyers and consider us as pioneer commuting fools.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
19?!? what the hell did she die of?

I don't think they really know yet. They seem to think the one guy died of viral meningitis, though. It's still rather peculiar, wouldn't you think?

top topics

join