It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can sense your TV :O

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Like the title says, I can "sense" your TV. I don't know where to put this, and I've been looking for someone to share this with. I've had this weird "ability" as long as I can remember... let me explain.

I'm in the bathroom, with door closed, dropping a nucleur bomb on ToiletSaki
, when suddenly, I would feel like a "ping" go off in my brain or something (I don't know how to explain this feeling). Whenever I feel this ping, it usually meant a TV or radio or other electronic device has been turned on in a nearby room. I do not know why, I just do.

Another example is when I'm walking to my room, and while I'm walking I can "sense" that the TV is on in the room next to mine. (I did not even get within 10 feet of the room, and something just ticks in me telling me the TV's on). This example is different from the "ping". Instead of a ping, I sort of see like....I don't know how to explain it...it's like when you sense that you're not alone in a room or something. That feeling washes over me, but my brain didnt interpret it as "you are not alone", it interperted it as "the Tv's on".

I don't think other people in my family can do the same. For example, my dad would turn on a TV, I would feel a ping while im sitting on the couch or something. But, my dad would press the "power" button again (thus turning off the TV) since he thinks the TV isnt turning on because the TV is like "loading" it's channel or something (when you turn on a TV, the TV doesnt automatically goes to the channel right? It takes like a few miliseconds after you press power for the screen to go from black to picture). Once he turns off the TV, I no longer feel the "ping" except I feel..nothing.

Note- I feel the same thing while I'm walking to my room, and the computer in my room is on.

Sorry, but that's the best way i could explain this. If anyone can explain this to me or something, I'll really appreciate it. I am not making this up, I just wan't someone to explain what I'm feeling.

Edit- Just to shut some skeptics up: No, I did not hear any sounds coming from the room. The feeling usually doesn't come when I'm walking to my room and the TV's sound is turned up loud enough for me to hear.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I can hear TVs, at least the older ones, not sure about LCDs. They make a really annoying high pitch sound. They also tend to generate quite a bit of static electricity. You could be sensing that, or subconsciously hearing the high pitch noise it makes too.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

I've experienced that same thing occasionaly, but I never really thought anything of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread, Hyzera. I can sense the TV as well and often meant to look into it more but never got around to it for one reason or another. I believe though it actually involves being able to hear the high-frequency sound it emits. Don't quote me on that though

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I too can sense me TV in the way that you describe. However, I believe it has something slight to do with sound. I understand that you say you can't hear the TV or the channel or anything but I believe the "ping" you feel is just a high pitched background noise from the TV. The noise that comes from the screen lighting up I would assume because I can still hear it when the TV is muted.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, Kruel, but that doesn't explain me feeling radios and computers...they don't give off a high pitch sound, right?

Another example: Last year, during this 3-day getaway our music teacher put together for us, while I was walking past another cabin, I could feel a strange feeling. The same feeling I get while i'm walking to my room and the Tv's turned on. I walk closer to the cabin and I look in. I see a TV turned on with a PS2 plugged into it.

Edit again - wow, like 4 people replyed while i was typing this.. I knew ATS was active, but that not active!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I also have this. It is actually the high pitched noise emitted by CRT screens Ithink it comes from the transformer. Some people can hear it, some people can't. The fact that it is so high pitched it is just at the limit of your audible limit so your brain doesn't register it as sound but more of a 'feeling'

I don't know about you but sometimes if you walk past a house with the TV on you can just tell that it's on.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can sense TV's as well, I've been able to do it for years now. I think I can just hear the static maybe, what I do know is that I effect electrical equipment. I've went through literally hundreds of headphones, on each pair the left one simply stops working. My TV randomly turns on and off, but only when I'm in the room. I went through about 6 PS2's in under a week.

Generally, if I buy something technical or electronic, then I can almost guarantee that it ether wont work or will work, but stop in the near future.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I also have this. It is actually the high pitched noise emitted by CRT screens Ithink it comes from the transformer. Some people can hear it, some people can't. The fact that it is so high pitched it is just at the limit of your audible limit so your brain doesn't register it as sound but more of a 'feeling'

I don't know about you but sometimes if you walk past a house with the TV on you can just tell that it's on.

Thanks for explaining. Now I know I'm not some crazy freak born from robots
Not that that wouldn't be cool...

And yes, I can walk by a house and feel that the TV's on too.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to Zanzibar

sounds like dodgy electrics in your house! Get a sparky in to check it out. Maybe power surges causing electrical failure. How much money must you have to get through 6 PS2s in a week?! It took me a year to save up for 1!

[edit on 7-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's high pitched electrical frequencys. We had a power outage here one day and everything was dead silent. It felt... odd. To not hear or sense anything on in the entire house... it was freaky.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I didn't buy 6! Heck no, I'm way too poor for that.

Basically, I bought one and it wouldn't turn on, so I took it back and they gave me another one, which simply wouldn't play games at all. The others all had various faults and I spent an increasingly annoying week going to and from the game shop.

Not fun in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Better throw me in this boat too, I can tell which houses havethem on as I walk down the street, which of my kids lefttheir TV or radio on in their room etc..
high frequency..perhaps..EMR?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Great thread!

For years and years I was able to "feel", or more appropriately "hear", televisions and other electronics. As I have aged I suppose my range of hearing has diminished, but it used to be clear as day. Televisions and computer monitors were the loudest, couldn't sleep w/ either one on, I'd wake up w/ a headache.

Funny story real quick- When I was a kid, my younger brother was a bit of a rebel. My mother used to use me to find out is his tv was on after he was supposed to be in bed
I could tell, from the bottom of the steps if he had his tv on. He never figured it out, must have thought mom was psychic.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
by this u mean u can pick up the frequency of a television that is on so can i but i can tell whos house has what appliance or any appliance on when i walk around the streets i can pick up these signals and tell whats on the tv or if say ure playing a console i can hear the sounds from the games and identify it

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yeah this happens to me too, even more now since i had an accident with pitch noises @ work... It also feels like i can hear them on other floors in the building aswell.... im guessing its the static frequencies we can hear

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
It is actually the high pitched noise emitted by CRT screens Ithink it comes from the transformer. Some people can hear it, some people can't.

I get this same phenomenon...neither of my flatmates can hear the sound at all, but after the tv has been on for more than 30 mins it emits such a high pitch frequency that it becomes too painful to be in the same room as the set.

A similar thing happens with my mobile phone when it is closeby to me as it either periodically 'pings' for the nearest cell-station or a few seconds before I recieve a text/call, and I get a sensation of static much in the same 'bip-a-bip bip-a-bip bip-a-bip' pattern that a mobile makes when it interferes with audio equipment

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yeah it pretty normal, Ive heard this many times, they say its because of high frequency sound waves or something, you can even feel it rooms away, and your able to tell that the TV is on. Sometimes your brain may be hearing it, but you don't realize it, and you wonder how did I KNOW!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I thought everyone could sense electrical equipment being on?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
we all have fields around us (not in the new-age way, but in a real way) so we can certainly sense when electronics are on.

Ever notice during power outages, a very "calm" feeling? That calm is the absence of other electronics (or the wires in your house/building) interfering with our own fields.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join