It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can sense your TV :O

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Humans are diverse critters. For me it's not electrical, it's magnetics. I get a slight itch when I hold a large magnet. I also can find magnetic North in the dark or a fog or whatever.

When I was a child, I thought everyone could do this, and I was surprised to learn that people couldn't. I remember learning about compasses being for sale, some magazine, and asking my father what they were for. When he explained it, I had a hard time grasping the fact.

I'm not complaining though, as a person that spent a lot of my life outdoors, it has been a handy "gift". Not profitable like being a fortuneteller or something though.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I also can sense what you mean. I thought it was nothing unusual. It is just the electronic field giving off a high pitch sound which i think everyone can hear if they are aware of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I too have always heard the high tone whine of the TV. And when I bring it to my families attention they dont hear it.
I have noticed this for many years. I also have a theory that the noise emitted from the television may actually be addicting or hypnotic. Thus causing the masses to watch more and for longer.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

I get the same thing it happens because we have extremly sensitive hearing and can hear at the ultra sonic levels.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
speaking of mobile phones..I forgot to mention that after I use a mobile phone that particularside of my face is generally numb for a minute or two.....numb...kind of the right word...tingly?..tingly numb.. particularly with the older models..the newer ones are not tooo bad these days tho... anyone else have a problem like this?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If you can't hear it you may be feeling it? Many TVs give off a sort of hum of vibration among other things that you may just not be conscious of.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow, didn't know so many people was like me

Keep the stories coming, I enjoy reading them!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
seems like a lot of people sense tv's i do too but its annoying after the first few seconds lol some time i hear that extended"ping" sound when there are no tv's on.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have a friend who is a professional sound engineer and he explained this to me once. Back in the early days of TVs there was a transistor or diode(I'm not a electronics expert) which gave off a C chord at a just barely subsonic level. This particular tone is very pleasant to all humans even those who can not consciously hear it. Years later they stopped using that particular part in TVs and decided to replace it with one that JUST emmits the tone because they new the effect it has on humans. If it was a standard part in TVs a few years ago I assume they would put the part in plasma screens and LCDs, why not? I don't know for sure about the newer models in the last few years, but I DO trust the sound engineer, he's a totally straight-forward guy, not even into conspiracy stuff.

Vas

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I too can hear the TV and other electronics that go off in other rooms. It sucks cause I live in a apartment. Even when I was a kid I could hear it and my parents would put the TV on mute and I could still hear it. they use to tease me and call me the super sonic hearing kid.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Back in the early days of TVs there was a transistor or diode(I'm not a electronics expert) which gave off a C chord at a just barely subsonic level.

Nice, never knew that. No wonder I enjoy to eat/do HW with the TV on! I don't even watch it, I just like it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join