It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court bans Christian cross on private land in public park

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Originally posted by Boondock78
if they show strength of their faith in public or by knocking on my door or accosting me at the store then yes, it is my business. i just made it so.
see how that works?

No, I don't. Nobody is talking about knocking on your door or accosting you at the store. Except for you.

You're trying to create a sidetrack.

apc

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Actually it was almost a hundred years earlier, on the two-cent coin...

What happened just prior? Could the embracing of a particular tenant be something that brought this nation back together to form the strongest and most powerful union this planet has ever seen? Would the forced removal of this ideal not be considered the destruction of our foundation?

Article 11 of the treaty quite clearly is with respect to international policy...

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Regardless, I'm not focusing on Christianity. Note I used Star of David or your beloved noodle as an example. Any religion is A-OK. Christianity just happens to be the majority.

The nation itself is secular, yes. In that we can not pass a law favoring one religion over another. But there's no getting around what the founding fathers believed was best for this nation...

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

It was never intended that all religion be stripped clean from Government.

>
btw, I agree about the Pledge.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So does this mean that all the historical churches that are located in national parks must be torn down? Perahaps the next step will be to tear down all the government buildings that have a reference to god or the ten commandments. This mess could end up being like the ancient egyptians whose theory it was to erase all signs of previous rulers whose beliefs didnt coincide with the current rule. Why do we consitantly bow to political correctness of the minority, perhaps it is because there are those fighting to change the minority into the majority. All the signs point to the establishment of one religion which incorporates all others. This I believe is the true reason for all these attacks. Remember how they work one small step at a time until there becomes a point in time where it becomes nothing more than a memory, Then to shall the memories be erased as the ancient egyptians tried to do many many years ago.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There needs to be a complete separation between church and state.
Any college that receives federal money should not be able to use it to install foot baths or churches of any kind if they are of a religious nature. I am not muslim so I don't know if a foot bath has religious significance or if it's just a cultural thing. Maybe a muslim here can tell us that????

I believe that it's ok to believe whatever you like as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's rights. So what I am saying is, your rights end where mine begin and likewise.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
("But in latin, "bench" begins with a bank")
Excerpt form spendiana bones
and the last country to ruin.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Let's not. There are people in this country who don't believe in god and don't want symbols of ANY god on public land. P

Yeah, and they are in the minute minority. The last time I looked, America was a DEMOCRACY. What does a DEMOCRACY mean? It means the MAJORITRY rules!!

Incorrect, America is a Constitutional Republic, Nowhere in the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and within it the Bill of Rights will you find the term Democracy, As stated this Country was created as a Constitutional Republic, (Read the Federalist Papers and various other related texts in which the Founders give full detail as to the intended direction and way this country was to be run)The founders never intended this country to ever be run as a democracy in full, The only part of this country that was intended to be even remotely democracy was our elective process, Thats it.
With that said, the elected leaders of this country were not intended to create laws which limit rights based on what the majority wants, but rather to protect the rights of the individual, To insure that No Man, No majority, and No Government, tread on those rights.

Congress is to pass no laws, respecting the establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof.. any powers that congress doesn't have is left to the state, however the states can not violate the constitution.

No laws means just that, Rather said laws prohibit religion, or allow it, No laws are to be made with respect to such things.

this was not done to appease or prohibit anyone, but rather to protect everyone, This means that The people, nor the Government can jail or persecute anyone for there religious beliefs, nor can it force any beliefs upon the people.

until you are persecuted, jailed, or forced to accept any religion through law, your rights aren't being violated, Your feelings may be hurt or you may be offended, but you are still free to believe that which you want, and do that which you want so long as such things don't violate another individuals rights.

Freedom.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Reminds me of a joke:

Why do Congressmen fight so hard to keep their job?
'Cuz they can't live under the laws they passed!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
delete

[edit on 10-9-2007 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow_soldier1975

glad to see someone has it RIGHT!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Citizens ban courts ruling, ignore courts.

Yeah hello courts, judges. Welcome to america. I dont care about your power which is too much. In latin you basicly work for the money masters. Who work tirelessly using you all to blur our legal boundaries and confuse /manipulate a maliable public created by other sources of influence.

Also the flight 93 memorial, and the michigan town where muslims ring the bell 5 times a day is all a very untrustworthy religion will get in a country their religion claims to want to destroy. I would say America is very very tolerant of letting the perceived enemy have a home here. Though I would argue many live in squalor because they dont come from money and it merely looks bad, yet many dont think they need to work hard and the children become criminal. Many come here to escape extremists though, and i think lack what it takes, then hurt each other and others out of psychological misunderstandings for the place they are in. But in the same hand, many do understand and humbly do what they must like anyone wuld.

I wish they would all awaken and stop fighting eachother seeing as the only enemy of us all is oppressive rulership, and beneficient masters soaking up the fear and praise like a spounge.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is a joke.

This ruling will likely be overturned by the Supreme Court.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
all i have to say is that the freedom of religion is a freedom from religion as well.

oh... and when was the last time a footwashing station was a muslim holy site? i actually like to wash my feet occasionally in the day... even though i'm an atheist. a cross is a religious symbol, a footwashing station is something that anyone can use (i won't be surprised if some drunken idiot on a campus will use one as a toilet...)

edit to add: someone brought up that muslim students are allowed to exit class for prayers... well, i'm aware that catholic students are allowed to not attend school for their religious days of observance... same with jewish students.

[edit on 9/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join