It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object in my picture of CA fire.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedStar11
SNIP - REMOVED INSULTING REMARKS

If you thing that looks like a jet then you need to stop taking [SNIP] Its looks nothing like a jet but more like some sort of flying creature. Remember that game when you were a kid and you put the square in the square hole?....Bird man shape doesnt fit into the triangle hole.......

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by elevatedone]

[edit on 3-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For it to be a jet, like described by an earlier poster (descending and towards the camera) ... the only 'jet' I can think of that has that shape is the SR-71 Blackbird.

I would say a Albatross before a jet. I guess Condor, is just as good.

The enhancement picture does give the SR-71 a possibility, but a plain blow-up doesn't.

Photobucket doesn't resize my images. Though I only have a 4 MP ... but, I usually use clickable images when posting in boards, so you can go external and view full size. I always use that with my fish photos in fish forums. It works great for people with slow and high-speed bandwidths. The pictures were big enough to be bigger than a 1440x900 screen. So could you please explain at what resolution photobucket resizes at? Other than when I manually resize an image?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If it was a jet it would have got right into the hillside below because it would appear to be in a downward position. There wasnt much distance between it and the hills below. My house sits at 1900 feet and it was a bit above that level. The area where it's "flying" is Tujunga Canyon and it a bunch of mountains and hill in interlocking positions and would be a difficult fly for sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interesting... I have no idea what it could be. I did a small enhance and came up with this-

Whatever it is, its quite pleasing to me aesthetically.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well it looks just a bit like a imperial transport vehicle from star wars.......

But that doesn't like like anything i've ever seen!!

-PureET

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedStar11

Ha ha. Yes I suppose it could be anything. Initially I thought bird (but seemed too far away, then a jet.

But then I wondered? Is it one of those freakin' flying triangles.

Interesting pic nonetheless. Hope we find out what it is and of course I hope all is well with the fire and no-one sustains injuries.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting page on 'ancient flying machines.'

I was also reminded of the golden Mayan artifact by this picture, as well.

Also, somewhat off-topic, if anyone wants a mind-blower for their (hopefully) day off from work on this Labor day, be sure and check this page out, specifically the 'starchild project' skulls - read further through the link and then you will see that we know FAR LESS than we think we do...

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
Whatever it is, its quite pleasing to me aesthetically.

No doubt!

BEAUTIFUL!

A rainbow lightning bug!

Your avatar is also quite striking, too, I must say.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureET
Well it looks just a bit like a imperial transport vehicle from star wars.......

Return of the Jedi?
The Jet Eye.

Sounds good to me!

About time, too!

I better go fix my hair into honey-buns.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Now that enhancement makes it look like a hummingbird to me...

But it is a most pleasing rendering of the image by whatever techniques you employed.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

cool, maybe it's a watcher.

I really like this picture, I don't think it is a bug, or a bird, this is somehow different.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I will remind everyone, if you cannot discuss this in a civil manner and stop the insults and profanity, warnings will be handed out.

Thanks

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
If it was a jet it would have got right into the hillside below because it would appear to be in a downward position. There wasnt much distance between it and the hills below. My house sits at 1900 feet and it was a bit above that level. The area where it's "flying" is Tujunga Canyon and it a bunch of mountains and hill in interlocking positions and would be a difficult fly for sure.

And consider a few other things:

Do planes regularly fly over your home?
If so, what kind? (military or civilian passenger)

Are they using smoke jumpers or water dumpers to fight the fire?

I ask that last not because it looks like that to me, but I was thinking that they might shut down the air-lanes if they were...and not being a pilot I can't be sure, but what would a military plane or passenger jet be doing flying from the direction in which a fire is blazing on the ground?

Smoke would severely hinder visibility not to mention interfere with the air intake of the engines.

Fighter planes have been stalled out due to inadvertently getting caught in the smoke of the explosion of the enemy's plane that the pilot had just shot down.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The only aircraft we see around this area are water dropping helicopters and you can hear them because they echo off the hills very loudly. Like I said we looked for helicopters. Even today with the fire still going I have not seen any craft, helicopters or other as of yet.

Occasionally we will see a small private plane from the Whiteman Airport over in Pacoima but they dont fly that low in this area because of the canyon.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Now that enhancement makes it look like a hummingbird to me...

i was thinking about the striking resemblance to a bird it hard. here's a pic that is a similar shape.

pic

[edit on 9/3/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
:[] haa.
i really dont see what the problem is here.
everyone is stumped by this picture!
it isnt that hard to tell that, well i think that,
this is NOT a picture of a beatle. it seems much to far away/and or too
small to be a beatle. it is obviously some flying animal. so i think it is a hawk or some other large bird of prey.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For some reason this object has me boggled. I'm here, staring at it for who knows how long and I can't make out what it is. It kinda'/maybe looks like a jet moving in an awkward visual way. A helicopter would make more sense but the object looks nothing like any of the fire emergency choppers.

Strange. What makes it so frustrating is that I can't really relate this to any object I've seen before. Seeing the raw image would be nice though.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Looks like an SR75 without forward stabilizers

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Reply to Favouriteslave;

The object in your pic's looks very much like a small aircraft that's made here in Florida.

The name of the aircraft is Velocity. Your picture does not the show the canard to the front of the aircraft.

There a large number of companys that make similar type craft.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it-Albert Einstein

yes, wise words from albert einstein.
it is human nature to be curious and to want to more about
what we do not understand. yet perhaps some things are not
supposed to be understood by our kind. there are two things
we could try to do about this mysterious picture. we could
post internet anwsers for the rest of our lives of what we
thought was a beatle or a bird or whatever. but that would
not help in the least! but avoiding it wouldnt help either.
this site is called above top secret. but maybe this secret
needs to get out. we need a professional. a real one.
who knows- maybe the best explanation for this picture
isnt logical. we have strange animals on planet earth,
maybe this isnt "other worldly" but maybe, a new species
of creature.
keep up the good work,
-Max

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join