It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 hits "Gulf of" California (sorry wrong location)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I know we have many here from California. I just noticed that a 6.3 quake hit California just a short time ago but I can't find anything either written or on the News.

I sure hope everyone is okay and I look forward to people writing in and letting us know they are okay.

www.iris.edu...

[edit on 1-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh My God!!!! Don't freak me out like that!!! It was in the Gulf of Calif...... Almost 700 miles south of Tijuana, Mexico. I've been waiting, like I feel it coming. I'm in S. Calif., so I thought maybe N. Calif. Whew, that was a close one.
Peace to all!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I just noticed that a 6.3 quake hit California just a short time ago but I can't find anything either written or on the News.

It was in the Gulf of California, on the Southern tip of Baja California, no where near Califrnia, U.S.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't want to upset anyone. I'm on the East Coast, I saw the map but couldn't find anything on it anywhere and was concerned about our California members.

It looked a little close to me, and my apologies for the mistake.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Near that area, right at the top of the Gulf of California, is where the San Andreas fault comes ashore. The fact that this quake was centered near the tip of Baja, on the west side of the fault, could possibly mean this quake is a precursor of more activity to come further up the line.

The San Andreas fault is a transform fault, which means the plates move parallel to each other during a quake. The plate on the west side of the fault is moving north.

What I'm saying is this quake may have put additional pressure on areas of the fault to the north that are already overdue for movement.

San Andreas Fault

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Another 2 hits in the area, a 4.7 and 4.1 quakes.

www.iris.edu...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fox just announced that a 4.7 just hit the San Fernando Valley, California.

Anyone in the area please let us know if you are okay and what's going on.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Eish not good at all, And with 4 aftershocks measuring 4.7 id get a little worried if i lived in Los Angeles,

Becarefull All in that area, Something is a shaking,

Magnitude M 4.7
Region SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Date time 2007-09-02 at 17:29:14.0 UTC
www.emsc-csem.org...

Also another 2.5
earthquake.usgs.gov...
see

[edit on 2-9-2007 by asala]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That's interesting. I'm in Orange County, CA at the moment and a few hours ago I thought I felt a small earthquake. I was sitting on the couch and it felt as if I was suddenly sitting on a boat. It only lasted about 10 seconds. I asked my daughters if they felt anything but they were far too busy chasing each other around the house to even hear me. I figured if there had been an earthquake my husband would have come downstairs and asked me if I felt anything but he didn't so I didn't think anything more about it until I just read this thread.

I'll let you know if I feel anything else!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I didn't look at the date of the original post. What I felt was today, 9/02/07. Here is an article discussing the activity in So Cal today.

So Cal rattled by earthquake

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It seems there have been some aftershocks, I'm glad nothing hugh.

I don't know much about the West Coast I do know of the faults though. Let's hope this is like all others (just venting so to say) and things calm down.

Please be safe

[edit on 2-9-2007 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It seems since Aug 30 thru Sept. 9th California has had several smaller quakes and today Sept. 12th Southern Sumatera, Indonesia just had a 7.9 and a Tsunami warning issued.

new topics

top topics

join