It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caracas prepares for US invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Of course. Anyone who tries to defend themselves needs to be taken out.

Can you believe this?

The people of this country have been so beaten mentally that they actually think anybody who buys a few aircraft and says some mean words about us is a threat and they need to be taken care of.

And if they buy more military stuff to defend themselves, guess what? They're evil.

If they fight back? They're evil.

Are we the only ones allowed to defend ourselves?

Are we the only ones allowed to put pressure on other nations and meddle in their affairs?

Are we the only ones allowed to attack others, and it be for freedom, but when we're attacked, it's terrorism or evil?

Why don't they have the same rights to defend themselves as us?

We spend over 500 billion dollars on our military. But nope, that doesn't matter. Chavez is sending out some sniper rifles. TAKE HIM DOWN!!!

Just amazing. And most people in this country think that way.

Very sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by xenya
There is absolutely no threat from venezuela and the country is probably one of the more obvious democratic governments in the world. Read about it from a Venezuelan's perspective, no one in that country dislikes Chavez.

Um, could that be because no one in venezuela is allowed to dislike presidente-for-life chavez?

And "more obvious democratic governments in the world"?

I really dont understand why there are people who think Chavez is a democratically elected leader loved by all? Do they not see the Guardia Nacional crushing any opposition?

If Chavez is so loved then why did his own military and a significant amount of the population stage a coup in 2002?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Is no-one aware as to why they subscribred to this wesbsite in the first place? Has no-one woken up yet? Don't you get what is going on??!!

Well all I can say is 'Wake up', 'Get up' and 'Bloody do something'. Do you not realise yet that the 'so-called' wars in the east are about??? If you don't know then why are you on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm getting really tired of this BS democratic crusade the US is on. It's as if countries aren't allowed to have their own stance and reactions towards our government. Chavez doesn't like the US much, Boo Hoo, if anyone has left the US and talked with people in South America, and Europe you'll see that this opinion is held by many people. It's not that they hate us, it's that they think we're lied to by our own government. People blindly believe the media, it's ridiculous. At the same time "we" americans are sitting on a high and mighty throne, who could possibly snatch it away. It's sicking to see a country founded on such sound principlas become engrossed in it's own power. Venezuela a threat? Are you serious? If we wanted to, our military could in theory wipe the country off the map. The question is are we smart enough to handle it with finesse? Hmm, lets look at our current situation, we're in Iraq...beat the hell out of them..check, beat the down Afghanistan, check. Only Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Mexico and Cuba left to go, oh right these countries aren't really a threat, we're just eyeing them and slapping their wrists when we feel it's appropiate to do so. Sometimes I think the phrase, "Shoot first, ask questions later", is something the government takes to heart. Venezuela a threat huh? Might as well put all of South America on the threat list then.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by Dracian]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Reality Hurts

"Second of all, Venezuela's military spending will be used to continue to suppress their own people. This guise of 'protecting from an American invasion' crap is to get some traction w/ the global anti-American crowd."

I take it you have absolutely NO idea about Venezuela or what Chavez has been doing for HIS people other than the garbage you have seen on Fox News then?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Um, could that be because no one in venezuela is allowed to dislike presidente-for-life chavez?

And "more obvious democratic governments in the world"?

Such a shame.

Please watch this and learn a little about a country outside your own for once.

Second of all, Venezuela's military spending will be used to continue to suppress their own people. This guise of 'protecting from an American invasion' crap is to get some traction w/ the global anti-American crowd.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

The people of this country have been so beaten mentally

Sorry mate. I agree with everything else you have said but I must pick up on this. It is quite obnoxious to suggest that the USA has been "beaten mentally". You have always been the most insular, smug, pampered and safe and comfortable nation on the planet since the revolution.

[edit on 3-9-2007 by triplesod]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

If Chavez is so loved then why did his own military and a significant amount of the population stage a coup in 2002?

And how long till Chavez was brought back into power to huge relief and celebration from the vast amount of the population. Please see the film I linked to above.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
What threat? The threat to defend themselves from an invasion?

Oh wait silly me, it's not an 'invasion' when Amerika does it. Cause Amerika always knows better! Fighting evil communism over there, and fostering good old boy Christian corporate fascism over here! But who gives a hoot? We're all asleep dreaming the Amerikan dream! So please don't wake me, it's so nice and comfortable in here....

I'm curious about a few aspects of your post. First, the use of the letter, "k," in the word "America," exposes your agenda. Can't you make a point without resorting to juvenile, intentional misspellings? If so, I suggest you do so in the future.

Secondly, why is ok for you to lump an entire group of people together as you do when you cite, "good old boy Christian corporate facism?" Would you also characterize Muslims as, "murderous Islamists?" Or would you object to that characterization?

You may have a valid point buried amongst your silly rant but I for one have a hard time discerning it.

There is plenty to criticize about US foreign policy but one must take the time to express oneself in a concise, thought provoking manner to do so. Otherwise it's simply more mindless noise on the internet.

On topic, there is no indication that the US has intentions to invade Venezuela. Chavez loves to invent these kinds of issues to make himself relevant and to seem as if he is more important than he really is. He counts on uninformed, American (see how it's really spelled?" haters to buy his nonsense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join