It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ringtone: What is It and Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ringtones, everyone has one. Well ... if they have a cell phone that is.

Some are stupid, some are insipid, some are hilarious, and some are just plain annoying.

What is your ringtone, and why did you choose it?

I avoided having a cell phone for years. I was convinced by some of the information out there that they could cause brain tumors. I finally got over it, and have a phone I like so much that when my old one developed problems, I bought the same model as a replacement.

Kyocera Switchback

My first ring tone was the theme from the Exorcist. It amused me when I heard it on someone else's phone in a Wal-Mart one day. Eventually it got boring.

I then had the theme from the Good the Bad and the Ugly. It was fine, but when my old Kyocera died I decided it was time for a new one.

The newest ringtone is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My phone starts off with a cat yowling, a flat bell ringing, and Eric Idle yelling, "Bring out your dead!" Scared the hell out of me the first time it rang, but it's funny and I haven't heard any other cell phone using it yet. I chose it because I think that's one of the funniest scenes by Monty Python ever.

So, what's yours, and why?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Mine varies between two primary songs depending on the operative *cough cough* I mean FRIEND who is calling.

It's either going to be Ministry's NWO or those happy little Smurfs singing away.

Oddly, they both work for the same agency.

Reason?

Just standard operating procedure.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey MM, great question.My ringtone is the chorus of this song.Def Leppard is my fav band of all time,and my kinda flirty nature goes good with the song.

Can you imagine being in line at the checkout and " POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME"comes blaring out from your back pocket?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Right now I switch between two of them. Both are songs by AC/DC - Back In Black and Hells Bells. They both play a bit from the begining of the song and then start over. They are two of my fav songs by AC/DC.

-tts

[edit on 30-8-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I've never had a cell phone. I wouldn't even know how to work one.

modern trends.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
I've never had a cell phone. I wouldn't even know how to work one.

modern trends.

Yeah about as trendy as tv's, radio's and cars. My phone is always on vibrate. I hate hearing peoples ringtones, especially their music ringtones.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
it's silly but it's Stewie from Family Guy saying Mom, mom,mom, mom, mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, ma, ma, ma, ma etc
why because it's silly and I like Stewie from Family Guy

[edit on 8-30-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Mine just rings.
I tried a few music ones, but I never clued in that the phone was ringing.

If I have no pockets I put it on vibrate and drop it in my underwear.
I never miss a call...........

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Oh, I get it, you're a masochist!

AnxietyDisorder, that's just wrong. Fun, but wrong ...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddoT
Yeah about as trendy as tv's, radio's and cars.

Yeah I know, cells have been popular for years, I just don't want one. I think noticing how stupid people look jabbering on them in public turned me off the concept.

There's other modern technology I could care a less about too, such as ipods. In fact, Apple doesn't make a single product that's of the slightest interest to me. Weird huh?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a total dinosaur, I couldn't live without my computer, tv and dvd player. But cells and ipods? Nah, you keep em', tell yourself how "with it" you are

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I used to feel the same as you, but I eventually gave in and have found my cell to have saved my behind on more than one occasion during mechanical disasters of the automotive variety. And when I need emergency legal advice (I'm in the middle of a horrid custody battle).

You don't HAVE to talk on them. If your phone has a number programmed into it, the name will come up on the screen, or the phone number itself. If you don't recognize it or don't want to talk, you can just silence your ringer. I do it all the time.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The knight rider theme.

da da da da da da ta da t da tda da ta da ta ta da ta ta da..do do doooo do do doooo

I love it, and the heme from air wolfe, yeaaa

na na nan nananananna nan anna na

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Eeeeeeek custoy battle... I cringe whenever I hear that term, so glad I don't have kids. Trouble trouble trouble.

Earth2 the Knight Rider theme would be awesome for a ring tone. If I ever get a cell, that'll be my ringtone.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

AnxietyDisorder, that's just wrong. Fun, but wrong ...

If I post my cell number, will you call me and let it ring for a long time.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The Beginning of Paper Wings by Rise Against, cut so that it goes straight to the louder guitar and skips the quiet intro. My text alert is the start of Anywhere But Here by Rise Against.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"Rehab" by Amy Winehouse......been that for a while. I need to change it. It's getting old....

Why? Becuase she's a hip, happenin' chick!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
R.E.M. - Its the End of the World As We Know It

REM is my fav. band, and that's my fav. song by them. so I suppose technically that would make it my favorite song altogether. lol

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I try to keep my ring tone PG 13, now... that is. :shk: For a long time I had "Crazy B*tch" by Buck Cherry until it rang at my grandma's house one day. God I couldn't get the phone out of my purse fast enough to turn the damn thing off
And yes, my grandma heard it....I had to do some fast thinking

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

AD, shocking. Completely shocking.But thats what I like about you!

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My ringtone right now is Thunderstruck, by AC/DC.

Why? They're my favorite band, it's something that I'll pay attention to when it rings, and it was the only good ringtone I could find, lol! (I'm very picky about what I have on my phone!)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join