It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who loves Gene Simmons' music but hates him as a person?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
KISS has pretty much been my favorite band since the second grade, I've always loved their music and flamboyant style.

But then when I got older and began to know more about them as people, I really began to more or less despise Gene (although I still love the music).

Case in point, on one episode of Gene Simmons' "The Family Jewels", Gene really showed his true colors. A radio station had a "biggest fan" type contest and the winner would get to have dinner with Gene Simmons, visit his house and even have Gene visit his house too. Well the guy who won was a total KISS fanatic and was stoked to meet Gene.

Gene just acted really bored throughout the entire thing. And when they went to the fan's house, the guy had collected thousands of dollars worth of KISS memorabilia and he was really proud of his collection and being able to show it to Gene.

Well, later after they parted ways and Gene was back home with his lady, he was really throwing off on the fan talking about how weird and odd and boring he was and things like this. He totally was disrespecting someone who obviously idolized him.

Anyway I can't stand Gene and that's just one example why. He ALWAYS has that holier-than-thou attitude :shk:.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The only comment I got on this was sent by U2.

Weird...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Gene is actually a pretty decent bass player. What he's doing now is being a charicature of himself. He'll tell you he's a salesman first and a musician second. Don't take him seriously. NO ONE knows the real gene Simmons. Well, his family............ maybe.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well, he hardcore disrespected one of his biggest fans, and on national TV at that. That tells me all I need to know about "the real Gene Simmons". Besides that, I've read his books and all his interviews through the years, he's never minded revealing his true nature.

KISS was formed in 1972 and Gene has always been the same from day one. You can't put on a fake front for 35 years, eventually you have to accept that the man genuinely is the pompous, conceited, arrogant jerk that he acts like.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
don't like gene, don't like ace, don't like kiss.
never did, never will.

their whole schtick with the lame makeup is well, lame....one dude painted up like a cat? come on...

i would have prefered they just jammed out...

none of their tunes really strike me as fantastic.....i know ace influenced a lot of guitarists and all but to me the lot of them are all kinda 'meh'
very over rated group of musicians there.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Over rated musicians? No one has ever tried to say they were superb mucisians, at least not to my knowledge.

Even the band members themselves never considered themselves to have more than just average ability, if that.

I'll even give Gene a little credit on this one, he knows he is far from being the greatest bassist and admits it.

new topics

top topics

join