It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: anzha

yeah but you could do the same thing with enough power an a RF transmitter

and all the weight that you could use for payload in this new HPS would be taken up with cryogenics

Take the energy requirements for your RF transmitter, divide by the energy density of your fuel, and you have the true weight of your plasma system.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Have you seen the Convair Kingfish the rival bid to the A12, a stunning looking plane considering it was what, the early 60s.

posted on Mar, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snoots

yeah there were other fish as well

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black Watcher
I know this thread started 12 years ago!! But felt compelled to add what I saw recently in 2019 in the UK. a few months ago around 10:30 to 11pm I heard an overflight and when looked up saw an aircraft resembling theBlackswift flanked by two F-15's. I've been following aircraft since the 1980's and know an F-15 noise when I hear them. The centre aircraft was approx 50% larger than the 2 F-15's. What caught my eye was the fact that the centre jet had square or slightly rectangular exhausts and very wide apart. I know some on here have much better knowledge than me as to what's flying now and where but bothing else I can find comes close in explaining what I saw. I live north of Cambridge and the jets were heading west to east towards Mildenhall and Lakenheath, I'm not for one minute suggesting that whatever this was was going to land at either base but thought I'd share in case someone can put two and two together and help explain somethimng else...

Sounds similar to or a variation of what three swiss nationals saw in 1999:
www.dreamlandresort.com...

Quote from their article:
"But WHAT a back: Visible is a roughly segmented rear wing area (probably housing big flaps). More or less close to the wingtips: The fins (maybe just rudders, I do not know: The SR-71 had rudders, so why change a winning team?....). They leave the impression on me to be slightly canted outward and reaching higher than the main fuselage, but that effect might just have been created by wavering air over that long distance.

But topping it all off: (At least) two HUGE, just HUGE exhausts shining with red flames (still on afterburner?), integrated part of main upper fuselage, not bolted down onto wing area or such. Their shape and size? For a split-second, they did not look like your-tread-of-the-mill-round-black-hole-ones to me. For a split-second, I got the impression that they were rectangular in shape (anyway, huge they were, so huge)."

End quote.

Outward canted rudders with rectangular exhausts. Interesting.

edit on 10-4-2020 by aliensporebomb because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2020 by aliensporebomb because: explanation

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mach 6, why is it so slow?

Come on now, in 2004 a "Tic Tac" was tracked on radar by the U.S.S. Princeton going from 28,000 feet to sea level in 0.7 seconds.

Which means in ONE second it went about 5 ½ miles. Which means it went about 318 miles per hour in ONE minute.

Which means a 2004 era Tic Tac flying craft could travel at least 19,000 mles per hour and the United States best new secret plane can only go 4,000 miles per hour!

More confirmation that the Tic Tac is not human.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Or that it's not actually moving that fast and the radar was being spoofed. But that's far too mundane an explanation, and couldn't possibly happen because the few eyewitnesses said they never saw that, so it never happens.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What do you think of the Particle Beam theory? Particularly in conjunction with its application to the Bob Lazar crazyness?

To those unaware: www.otherhand.org... www.otherhand.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy

If there were particle beams being tested, it most likely wouldn't be at Groom. It would be somewhere really remote, like China Lake or WSMR.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Is there a particular reason for that beyond the remoteness of the site? I think Edward Teller's association with EG&G and LANL and groom potentially point to something.

But beyond that, it seems like the behavior and particular properties of these sightings point to something like a particle beam being used in a sort of Project Palladium kind of role.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If a test goes really badly, you don't blow up one of your primary testing locations. China Lake, WSMR, or even Dugway have remote facilities and ranges well away from the physical labs and facilities.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I was thinking about Dugway as well. I don't think this was referring to a bomb-pumped beam like some of the later SDI crazyness was getting to. He speculates a 500 MeV pulsed proton beam which would be big, but not out of the range of possibility.

If they were conducting radar/stealth related research there, wouldn't it be prudent to also test radar spoofing tech like any sort of palladium analog there?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

They do radar testing at multiple locations. Tonopah has all kinds of systems set up, WSMR has multiple SAMs, as does China Lake. Then there are the actual RCS ranges that can all do similar testing and modeling. They do all kinds of testing at Groom, but have to be careful about stepping on each other's toes. They all have to coordinate tests so you're not having two or three classified platforms sitting out at the same time.

Launch one, send it to Tonopah. Then your next one to Texas to the Sweetwater range, and another to WSMR, and Groom is clear for anything else you need to do.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hawkguy

What do you think of the Particle Beam theory? Particularly in conjunction with its application to the Bob Lazar crazyness?

To those unaware: www.otherhand.org... www.otherhand.org...

If the true measure of genius is how much a person agrees with you, that guy is a genius...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I'm sorry, it might just be the 5 beers muddling my thinking; are you saying you agree with him, or are you thinking that I'm giving him credence solely because he supports my hypothesis?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Maybe a bit of both

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Well I wouldn't be on here if I wanted answers haha

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: aliensporebomb
Is there a chance that the Black watcher sighting have something to see with the triangle 2014 Kansas sighting ?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If a test goes really badly, you don't blow up one of your primary testing locations. China Lake, WSMR, or even Dugway have remote facilities and ranges well away from the physical labs and facilities.

poor dugway

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
apps.dtic.mil...

Page 21:

This project develops and demonstrates, via ground and flight tests, the scramjet propulsion cycle to a technology readiness level appropriate for full integration with other engine cycles (including turbine and rocket-based) to provide the Air Force with transformational military capabilities. The primary focus is on the hydrocarbonfueled, scramjet engine. Multi-cycle engines will provide the propulsion systems for possible application to support aircraft and weapon platforms operating up to Mach 7. Efforts include: scramjet flow-path optimization to enable operation over the widest possible range of Mach numbers; active combustion control to assure continuous positive thrust (even during mode transition); robust flame-holding to maintain stability through flow distortions; and maximized volume-to-surface area to minimize the thermal load imposed by the high-speed engine. Thermal management plays a vital role in scramjet and combined cycle engines, including considerations for protectinglow speed propulsion systems (e.g., turbine engines) during hypersonic flight.

and...

Continue development of scramjet technologies to enhance operability including robust operation during maneuvers. Continue accelerated development and demonstration of tactically- relevant, long range, high speed strike scramjet engine designs, technologies, and components including ground and flight demonstrations needed for potential follow-on acquisition program. Initiate propulsion technology maturation activities for Multi-Mission Cruiser concept to expand performance capabilities of high speed systems.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And in the DARPA budget, with the TBCC, page 4:

Complete integrated TBCC system freejet test and final report

It does look like a wrapup from the DARPA, POV though.

apps.dtic.mil...

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join