It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox attacks: Iran - You tube

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Funny stuff.
How did this guy find all that footage?! Great job.

Basically this puts together very well, the similarities between what the news networks did with iraq pre war and what they're doing now pre war with Iran.

If this has been posted before, delete!

Extra note: I'm from Sydney and haven't seen Mike Evans before.
What is with his voice?? o.o

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Why do all the anti-fox people let all the other networks slide with the biased and crappy reporting?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm not particularly anti fox myself in case you're wondering. I'm looking at it from the perspective of what the media in general did/is doing.
Though the video suggests it was fox that starts these things and the other medias follow? And are intimidated into following?
Of course we can't verify this.

I think it's a great video. It's a very to the point, and brutally clear example of how the media manipulates the general public.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I understand your point but it does not excuse Fox for it's actions. No news station or source should be manipulating information or presenting a single side. Fox may be singled out more than other stations, but it doesn't mean they should be given a break because no one else is getting picked on. They still have a responsibility.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In my opinion, Fox news gets singled out more because they are the most blatant in their buffoonery. At least CNN and MSNBC give the illusion that they are trying to bring you the relatively real news.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not naive enough to thing that CNN and MSNBC are the angels of news broadcasting. They are ridiculously slanted in their ideals and execution of the news. But Fox is utterly ludicrous. They take sensationalism to the extreme and it is no wonder they are the cheerleader/lapdog for this administration. Fox get's interviews with Bush and Cheney all the time. This is no mystery because it almost seems that Fox is nothing more than a televised extension of the Bush White House.

The bigger picture here is that mainstream news in general has completely spun out of control. It is all about getting the story and ratings to back it. This i somewhat blame Fox for. CNN, while it had flaws, was a DECENT news station before Fox came along. Fox came in with sweet graphics of flags and eagles and made huge stories out of nothing, even if they were not true. CNN had to compete or be killed and they had to follow Fox down the path of low journalistic standards and high ratings potential.

We need to go back to the days where media functioned as a relatively independent arm of the people. Days when the media was not enslaved by corporate and political interests.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Fox news is just the worst of the lot of them. They all lie and make up stories to further what ever agenda whether it is left or right. They don't have anyones interest at heart except their own wallets. The media in this country is absolutly disgusting and has been perverted to what we have today.I believe nothing that comes from main stream media. Just a little story for example:

A co worker of mine was working in kuwait a while back and a car was stopped by the police there. The occupants were a 70 year old man with his grandson.Their trunk was checked and they found scrap metal from some exploded american jdam ; they were taking it in for recycling to get the money in exchange. Well not more than 2hrs later fox had on their news that 2 terrorist had tried to smuggle a car ladden with explosives into Kuwait and they were showing the car on TV.......and they never changed their story.... it is all made up hype to keep us in perpetual fear. Everyone should just stop watching main stream media.I know when I stopped after about 2 weeks I was not stressed or agitated anymore and was a much nicer person to be around after that.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Nice find Toby!!

Here we go again , you all knew it was comming right? it wont be long now..

flagged

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is an awesome piece of work and I applaud who ever created this video. Agreed...the same fear-mongering language is being used now in reference to Iran that was used in the ramp up to the Iraqi invasion.

Thank you for bringing this to us!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
First time i've posted a specific youtube link, but it was just too awesome to ignore.

I thought it may be a good reference for people who may be trying to make a point about something in regards to this.

I didn't actually realise how much they're pushing it over there in the U.S
We hear the odd story about it here in Sydney, when theres new developments. But we dont have the media hammering us with things like this at all, and using these types of phrases.
Not sure how you guys stay sane

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I stay sane becuase after 9/11 I stopped watching News forever.

Well, at least on TV anyway, my news comes from the Internet now.

Thanks for the YouTube dajavu [sp] all over again.

Wonder if Bush & Comany are going to use this to delay the elections next year. "We can't have elections in the middle of a war" after all, right ?

- W -
* Thinking of what might happen if things keep going the way they are *

[edit on 8/24/2007 by Woulfe]

[edit on 8/24/2007 by Woulfe]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Why do all the anti-fox people let all the other networks slide with the biased and crappy reporting?

Fox gets slammed because it isn't a real news network. It's really just an extension of the Republican spin/PR machine. Seriously.

Fox is headed by Roger Ailes. This is a guy who has absolutely NO background in journalism whatsoever. Nothing. He was a media consultant for Republican political candidates, such as Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.

But when Rupert Murdoch created Fox News, he wasn't really looking to create a true news organization in the first place, so choosing a conservative republican PR person rather than a journalist made perfect sense.

I work in television and I can tell you no journalist takes Fox News seriously. In fact, a few months back, it was revealed that Ailes and other people from Fox were consulting with the Bush Administration on how to present Iraq and other thorny issues to the public. If any other news organization had done that people would still be screaming now about how there was an obvious bias/conflict of interest. But Fox gets a pass because everybody in journalism (including legitimate conservative journalists) understands exactly what Fox is.

The other networks would never risk advising political candidates. It would destroy their reputation. Fox doesn't care. Most of their audience would fail to realize how having a republican PR person as the head and advising Republican candidates presented any conflict of interest.

At least MSNBC and CNN try to have a balance. MSNBC, in fact, gives Tucker Carlson (a conservative) and Joe Scarbrough (a former Republican congeressman) their own shows. CNN has Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck. And on all the other shows, when there is a political issue they always at least have a conservative guest to give the conservative point of view.

By contrast, the only liberal on Fox is Alan Colmes on Hannity and Colmes, who was deliberately chosen because he looks like a weakling next to Sean Hannity.

Fox makes no attempt to balance out their guests and have the liberal point of view fairly presented. Ever watch "Special Report with Britt Hume"? His "panel" are all conservatives. And their discussions often revolve around not whether "the liberals" are wrong, but how wrong they are! It's hilarious. The only real points of contention are whether the liberals are scumbags, or just stupid, ridiculous people. Britt's "panel" gives us insight on these issues.

The whole network is nothing but a slamfest against liberals. I'd much rather get my conservative point of view from the National Review Online. Here's a link:

www.nationalreview.com...

Even if you're a conservative, I'd seriously advise you to avoid Fox News as much as possible. It's garbage. GARBAGE!! You might enjoy hearing those liberals get slammed, but the price you pay is being misinformed. In fact, the University of Maryland did a study in 2003 that found of all prominant news organizations, people who watched Fox News were the most likely to have misperceptions of facts than any other news organization.

And I want to point out, I'm not hostile to conservatives or republicans (I will admit to having a hostile attitude to neo-cons and the Bush Administration, but that's different). In fact, when I first registered to vote back in 1974, I registered as a republican, and I have never changed that even though I've probably voted for slightly more democrats in my life. I might even vote for Ron Paul in '08 (just like I voted for Ed Clark, the libertarian candidate, in 1980). I'd prefer to vote for Joe Biden, but I don't think he's got much of a shot at the nomination. I don't think Paul stands a chance of being the Republican candidate, but unlike Biden he'd probably run anyway as an independant or Libertarian.

But Fox News? I can't take it seriosly.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by ClintK]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Since I got no repsonse from my thread Proof of Media Manipulation & Fear Mongering, I'll re-post my theories here. I, as well, thought this thread-worthy.

____

The fact that Christiane Amaanpour from CNN flatly states that her station was pressured by the administration AND it's "foot soldiers at FOX News" to push the Iraqi Conflict into the homes of the world is enough proof for me.

Of course I've know there's been media manipulation for decades now, people still see the idea as a kooky conspiracy theory.

It really makes you wonder what's REALLY going on in Iran. Are they developing weapons of mass destruction, or are they developing nuclear power for their people?

The fact remains that the U.S. wants Iran's Real Estate:

The Iranian routes. The US government opposes a Baku-Iran-Ceyhan route because of Iran's alleged support of international terrorism. US oil companies are not allowed to ship their oil through Iran, although it is the shortest, cheapest and easiest route to an open port. Iran's preferred route is a pipeline south from the Caspian Sea to the Persian Gulf (Route 7). Iran has an extended pipeline system in place, and Turkmenistan opened a gas pipeline into Iran in December 1997.14 This comparatively inexpensive option would bring the oil and gas to the troubled Persian Gulf with its easily closed Strait of Hormuz. The United States opposes this pipeline and tries to enforce the sanctions, but other nations' oil firms ignore the sanctions and cut oil deals with Iran.

___

WOW.

Just came across this site:

www.foxattacks.com

EDIT: links fixed

[edit on 24-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Kudos to the guy who produced this video, it's a great reminder that Fox is not a news source, but a neocon propaganda outlet, and was never meant to be anything else.

Certainly "crappy reportage" and bias is par for the course for all the major mainstream media outlets, however Fox is in it's own league in this regard, and they've been pounding the drum for war with Iran pretty much incessantly lately.

I'm also impressed by Christianne Amanpour's willingness to expose the pressure CNN was under to produce only rah-rah pro-war stories prior to and during OIF, it's rare that we get any first person insight into how the .gov attempts to manipulate the media.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some very striking similarities in that footage, very nice work to the guy who created it. As for the messages being put across - it looks like we could be en route to the inevitable..

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Very precise and adept for this moment of time as the U.S rolls on it's inevitable disastorus bombing of Iran.

I just watched Good Night and Good Luck, about a period in U.S history where the jorunalist had the moral integrity to ask the hard questions and not just blindly tow the government line. It just ain't happening today.

Example Larry King with Dick Cheney recently which was the biggest love in i have seen in aninterview with a politician for some time. You as the people of America are being let down.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This video is completely ridiculous and for it to try so hard to give the "don't be influenced" message, it sure is trying to do a lot of influencing.

The video wants you to think that the news in the time leading up to the Iraq war was just influential propaganda started by Fox, (the other networks were just chiming in with the same stories in order to look cool).

The message it gives is that Fox news just has an agenda to spread war-friendly propaganda, and other networks should refrain from reporting the news if it happens to coincide with whatever Fox is reporting. Because hey that only makes it look like they're trying to follow in Fox's footsteps and Fox is to blame for the war so doooooon't be like Fox.

Absurdity!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

I think it is clear this video is just showing how Fox is, as are many of the other news channels simply spouting basically propaganda about the war in Iraq and Iran. Just sit back and think about it, the way right now they try and paint that the surge in Iraq is working when it is CLEARLY NOT!

Now insinuating Iran is developing Nuclear weapons with not a shread of eveidence. Er the news is about reporting the facts.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
This video is completely ridiculous and for it to try so hard to give the "don't be influenced" message, it sure is trying to do a lot of influencing.

Absurdity!

This is the difference between a real news station and a propaganda news station...

When you click on the "World News" tab on FoxNews.com, they automatically have an section on Iran:

Even when you click on "Middle East" on the BBC News website, they don't specify Iran to have thier own section:

Snapshots from:
FoxNews.com
and
BBCNews.com

They should change their name from FOX to PAP (Political Agenda Propaganda)

[edit on 24-8-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Good grief, what a thing to try and nitpick that Fox has an Iran link on their page. Iran is a topic that is in the forefront in world news presently, I know I'm personally interested in following Iran related stories as they develop and I suspect you are too, as well as every other person in this thread. So what possible inkling of sense does it make to imply that a link to Iran related stories is the distinguishing proof they're just a propaganda network?

Edit: Sorry to be the one grain of pepper in a pool full of salt here, go ahead and have your discussion guys, I won't interject again.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by fweshcawfee]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
LOL great find there! Did you realise that yourself??

Don't underestimate the power of that seemingly meaningless tab.
It further legitimises iran as an issue and a threat in peoples minds, whether they realise it or not.

Gives people easier access to the iran hype.

Theres lots of reasons why it's abit more than nitpicking.
When police are investigating crimes, they will nitpick, take the time of event down the second, and take down every detail which will be picked apart later.

Would you have us believe that trying to fight against the biggest corruption of all time, would use standards any less than a police investigation?

You're welcome to your opinion though, and a counterbalance is aways good as long as your points are reasonable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join